TRANSLATED FROM:
http://www.correo-gto.com.mx/notas.asp?id=65756

Guanajuato, Mexico.- Inhabitants of Santa Teresa and Cuauhtémoc (State of Guanajuato, Mexico), where on Tuesday police officers were stoned, complained of the insecurity that exists in this place; they blame the undocumented that "threaten them if they don't receive lodging".

The neighbors told by letters that many neighboors give asylum to the central american illegals, but even when they notify municipal authorities, "they don't listen to us", because it doesn't affect them, but besides that, some have already been victims of home robberies and muggings.

This situation is known by the authorities, since the police chief, Prisciliano Mandujano Herrera indicated that there are also "Maras" (MS-13), the mayor Gerardo Hernández Gutiérrez said that they are beggining special operations to put an end to this criminal factor in the area.

The cities of Santa Teresa and Cuauhtémoc has become a rest area for undocumented people, mainly Hondurans, Salvadorian and Guatemalan, who some stay in the alternate streets, where they pay 100 pesos for lodging and food.

"It is already a serious problem, they always walk around here, some people let them stay in their houses, in exchange for money", one of the neighbors said who preferred to omit their name for fear of retaliations.

An old wman, declared that in several occasions she has had to confront "illegals", "they come and they ask me to let them stay and sleep in my house,, but they get mad and they begin to insult me because they tell me that others let them".

She said that even her daughters have been victims of aggressions on the part of the youths that gather after six in the afternoon, "we can't leave here after those hours because they tell us a bunch of things".

On the other hand the inhabitants complained that the youth already are dedicated to steal and to assault them, "they are a danger for us".