Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!
    IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!

YOU'VE GOT THE SPIRIT. BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN EVEN THOUGH IT NEEDS TO. THESE FOLKS IN THE DO NOTHING CONGRESS FOR SOME REASON ARE AFRAID OF THE VILLAGE IDIOT. AS SOON AS THE LADY SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE GOT THAT GAVEL IN HER HAND, SHE HAS BEEN STRUTTING AROUND LIKE SHE IS ALL THAT AND A BOWL OF GRITS. SHE MAKES MY SKIN CRAWL AS DO HARRY REID.

DoT is clearly telling the US Congress to 'go to heck' about this.

So, if I were a US Rep or Senator, this is what I'd do:

Hold a committee meeting and task Mr. Hill with an order to appear in front of the committee.

Then, when the committee convenes, I'd have the NPP (Nat'l Park Police) or SS (Sec. Service... as appropriate) arrest Mr. Hill for contempt of Congress.
    Let his lawyers fight their way through the legal quagmire later. That would send a strong message.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I made my comment right to the front desk of Washington today on the White House Forum and read as follows:
    Hello and good day to you all there in the D.C. area. Hope all is well there,FOR YOU!

I have a thought for you. This one could be for International Trade or Immigration or even Homeland Security.

Appears President Bush has allowed the Mexican truckers to come into our country after all and after the Congeress left for their break and after it was defeated once before. Any comment on that?

And as far as more world wide trade.You say it benefits all! So who is blowing what up who's---? The other countries are the ONLY ones (besides large AMERICAN corporate officials) making big gains (and money)from your so-called trade agreements. LOOK AT NAFTA!!! What a JOKE. IT was also meant to help slow the growth of ILLEGALS coming in from MEXICO! WHAT HAPPENED!!!!Now even more of our OWN JOBS disappeared!!!!

So what exactly are we exporting anymore BESIDES OUR JOBS? I would like to see this one show up on your question and answer web site....

Thank You So Much
    From N Carolina

I hope many more of you out there let them know how we really feel about this!!!!!!!!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

SUPPORT E-VERIFY

Urgent Alert! Show your support for E-Verify by August 11th!

President Bush has issued an Executive Order directing federal agencies to require contractors to use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of all persons hired for performing work within the United States on federal contracts.

The E-Verify system is a key component of our efforts to stop illegal immigration. According to the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, the system has already identified 200,000 individuals trying to gain work in the United States who were not legally entitled to employment.

Please write in support of the E-Verify requirement.

Submit your comments BEFORE AUGUST 11th

Docket ID FAR-FAR-2008-0001
    Docket Title 2008 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules
    Document ID FAR-FAR-2008-0001-0003
    Document Title FAR Case 2007-013, Employment Eligibility Verification (Proposed Rule)
    View Document
    How to Comment Submit comments identified by FAR case 2007-013 by any of the following methods:
    • Regulations.gov: http://www.regulations.gov. Submit comments via the Federal eRulemaking portal by inputting FAR Case 2007-013 under the heading Comment or Submission. Select the link Send a Comment or Submission that corresponds with FAR Case 2007- 013. Follow the instructions provided to complete the Public Comment and Submission Form. Please include your name, company name (if any), and FAR Case 2007-013 on your attached document.
    • Fax: 202-501-4067.
    • Mail: General Services Administration, Regulatory Secretariat (VPR), 1800 F Street, NW., Room 4035, ATTN: Laurieann Duarte, Washington, DC 20405. Instructions: Please submit comments only and cite FAR case 2007- 013 in all correspondence related to this case. All comments received will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal and/or business confidential information provided.

Friday, August 8, 2008
    James P. Hoffa: Labor Voices
    Bush lets Mexican trucks menace America's roads
    Transportation secretary keeps border open an additional two years

Even as he heads toward the exit, George Bush is sabotaging the safety of American working families. His transportation secretary, Mary Peters, announced Monday that the border will be kept open to dangerous Mexican trucks for two more years.

I'm mad as hell about it, but I'm not surprised. Michigan residents shouldn't be either.

Bush's decision to keep the border open fits with his pattern of reckless disregard for the safety of the American people.

It was about a year ago that he first allowed trucks from Mexico to travel freely on U.S. highways. He called it a "one-year pilot program." In reality, it's the first step toward unfettered access for trucks from anywhere south of the border.

Most Americans think this is a terrible idea. That's why the Bush administration first tried to sneak the pilot program into existence last year. It was only after the Teamsters outed the administration that officials admitted they really were opening the border to dangerous trucks from Mexico.

The program's unpopularity is also why the Bush administration announced a few days ago that the border would stay open for two more years. Announcing bad news in August, when most people aren't paying much attention, is an age-old trick in Washington.

Members of Congress did hear the news as they wrapped up their work before the August recess. Some were furious that Bush had once again defied them.

Congress had already passed one law closing the border to these trucks, which don't meet the same safety standards as U.S. trucks.

But the Bush administration simply ignores the law. That's why Congress is in the process of passing more legislation to stop the lawbreaking.

Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., chairman of the House Highways subcommittee, issued a blistering statement after he found out the Bush administration planned to keep the border open.

"This administration has been hell-bent on opening up our border but over the past year has failed to show they can adequately inspect Mexican carriers while also maintaining a robust U.S. safety inspection program," DeFazio said."There is no reason to believe these problems will be addressed over the next two years.The safety of the traveling public must come first -- before the administration's fantasies about free trade."

Republican Sen. John McCain didn't voice any outrage. He strongly supports opening the border to unsafe Mexican trucks. Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee, pledged to the Teamsters that he will close the border if he's elected.

House Transportation Committee Chairman Jim Oberstar, D-Minn., said the Bush administration is flouting the law. Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., said the Bush administration showed "reckless arrogance for the law."

Well said.

We have laws here in the United States that require certain safety standards to be met before the border can be opened. Border inspectors must be able to make sure Mexican drivers speak English. Inspectors must also be able to check every Mexican truck every time it crosses the border.

Mexican drivers must be tested for drugs and alcohol according to U.S. standards. Mexican trucks must be as safe as U.S. trucks.

The agency that opened the border, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), claimed that all those conditions were met. That isn't true.

The Teamsters have taken our case to court, asking that the border be closed. We are still awaiting the judges' opinion. Unfortunately, it will take more than judicial intervention to force FMCSA to do its job.

Since Bush became president seven and a half long years ago, FMCSA has changed the rules so that employers can require truck drivers to spend more hours behind the wheel. The agency does a lousy job enforcing existing safety regulations.

It won't report to Congress on the most dangerous motor carriers, as it is required to do. It refuses to enforce the Americans With Disabilities Act, despite a court order.

Keeping America safe means more than making sure terrorists don't attack. It means making sure our families here in Michigan and throughout the rest of the country don't have to dodge 90,000-pound unguided missiles from Mexico on our highways.

James P. Hoffa is president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

Find this article at:
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /808080313

© Copyright 2008 The Detroit News. All rights reserved.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... /808080313

"PhredE"
    Oh, during the report on the subject, Kitty Pilgrim (sitting in for Dobbs) reported that the chair of the committee dealing with this bill (Oberstar-D, MN) said that when Congress returns in early September... "We will shut the program down for good".

I don't know how I missed this thread???

So where's it at?

Is the above still gonna happen?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123