Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico border barrier work starts

Mexico border barrier work starts
    TUCSON, Ariz. - Construction began Wednesday on vehicle barriers that will be part of a mix of fencing along the Arizona-Mexico border to discourage illegal border crossings.

The construction is part of a Bush administration initative announced last year that aims to provide a mix of high-tech virtual fencing and a traditional physical barrier.

The first phase of construction will consist primarily of concrete-filled vertical tubes set into the ground to prevent vehicles from entering.

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russell Knocke said some portions of the barrier may also contain traditional fencing.

The first phase will be placed along nine miles at the western edge of a 37-mile stretch of desert in southwestern Arizona.

On Jan. 12, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff cleared the way for the work to start by waiving environmental regulations and laws impeding construction along the 2.8 million-acre Barry M. Goldwater bombing range.

Environmentalists have criticized the fencing and barrier plans, saying that won't stop people in search of jobs but will be a step toward destroying a fragile portion of southern Arizona's desert.

The initial construction phase could take a few months.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070125/ap_ ... rder_fence
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Environmentalists have criticized the fencing and barrier plans
    Most animals will deal with the fence...its the people that will have a problem
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I'm surprised it even started! I wonder how many feet they will actually build?

Some concrete tubes are going to destroy a desert???? Yeah.
    The construction workers will probably have to CLEAN UP TONS OF TRASH to find a place for the DAM tubes!
    Give me a break.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Environmentalists have criticized the fencing and barrier plans, saying that won't stop people in search of jobs but will be a step toward destroying a fragile portion of southern Arizona's desert.
    ...better to destroy a desert than a country, what's more important? What an outright flimsy excuse! #@!! %#!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

CLEAN UP TONS OF TRASH to find a place for the DAM tubes!
    Now ain't that the truth!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Has'nt the garbage left in the desert by millions of illegal aliens already ruined our environment. Why are'nt the environmentalist screaming about it? The fence will stop the garbage among other things!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Environmentalists have criticized the fencing and barrier plans, saying that won't stop people in search of jobs but will be a step toward destroying a fragile portion of southern Arizona's desert."

Oh yes, the BEAUTIFUL southern Arizona desert.

We need to dispatch someone down there to make sure this is true! Does the president know? I'm sure President Calderon will be sending his letter of protest to Bush tomorrow.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    "Environmentalists have criticized the fencing and barrier plans, saying that won't stop people in search of jobs...
    Especially since we have a dolt of a president who actually encourages foreigners to come here and break our laws.

Makes me wonder:

If the terrorists who attacked the New York trade center during 911 were Mexicans, i don't think Bush would have ever cared.

I don't say this lightly: George Bush is going down in history as the worst president this country has ever had.

I ditto that thought Millere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast