Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Mexico to hand drug lords to US

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... DF3080.htm

Mexico to hand drug lords to US

Thursday 16 March 2006, 9:05 Makka Time, 6:05 GMT

Mexico will begin extraditing drug lords wanted in the United States within weeks and expects a violent backlash from the powerful cartels, the Mexican president has said.

Vicente Fox said on Wednesday that the legal process of handing over traffickers on the US government's list had already begun.

"I am confident and convinced that very soon, and I am talking about weeks, we will start the first extraditions of these leaders," Fox said. "I am sure that will provoke additional violence... They will try to retaliate."

The targets of retaliation "could be judges, could be government officials, but we will be ready".

He did not say who would be extradited first, or how many, but said they "are those who are wanted by American justice, the big bosses".

Fox said the drug gang leaders handed over would have to serve their sentences in US jails.

That marks a policy shift. Until recently under Mexican law, drug traffickers first had to serve out prison sentences in Mexico before being jailed in the US.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://today.reuters.co.uk

Mexico to extradite drug lords - Fox
    Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:21 AM GMT

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico will begin extraditing drug lords wanted in the United States within weeks and expects a violent backlash from the powerful cartels, President Vicente Fox said on Wednesday.

Fox told Reuters the legal process of handing over traffickers on the U.S. government's list had already begun.

"I am confident and convinced that very soon, and I am talking about weeks, we will start the first extraditions of these leaders," Fox said. "I am sure that will provoke additional violence ... They will try to retaliate."

He did not say who would be extradited first, or how many, but said they "are those who are wanted by American justice, the big bosses."

Fox said the drug gang leaders handed over would have to serve their sentences in U.S jails.

That marks a major policy shift. Until recently under Mexican law, drug traffickers first had to serve out prison sentences in Mexico before being put behind bars in the United States.

The targets of retaliation "could be judges, could be government officials, but we will be ready," Fox said.

Drug trafficking organisations fighting for control of the main routes of entry across the 2,000-mile (3,200-km) U.S.-Mexican border have been blamed for a long string of assassinations and shootouts in several frontier cities.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Once again, we have to pay for their criminals.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Thanks Fox, just what we need. More expenses.

All the violence associated with the jailed cartel leaders, and the operations they still control, can be sloughed off onto the Americans.

What quailifies as a Mexican civil war, will be given to us.

Will we keep those leaders from running the operation from prison? Or will they be FREED from prisons by armed gangs, loosing the prison population into the general populace, while they are at it?

Talk about anarchy!

Maybe the cartel money will completely "purchase" control over the prisons here.

Look at the bright side, at least the authorities will be to busy to hassle the MM .

-pa