Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You know I do think we could be pretty self-sufficient.

Trade is not a bad thing - if it is reasonable, fair, and if it benefits both parties.

We have stopped manufacturing quality products in order to manufacturer shoddy products overseas. That makes no sense - for us. In the long run, the consumers pay more by having to replace the things they purchase.

Once again, if foreign corporations can come here to build factories, roads, maintain toll roads, etc., - why can't American companies?

That's why I think all this 'free trade' is nothing more than a 'co-mingling' of our economies so there is no such thing as American economy any more - it will all just be part of a world economy.

Now with illegal immigration, HB visas, etc, there is also a 'co-mingling' of workers and citizens. Soon there will be no America. America will just be a branch office for the various big corporations.
    [/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou did report this on Monday I believe, and he just laughed at Caldrons statement as Mexico would do more harm to themselves than they could possible do to the United States, it was just a theat he spent no time contemplating before he decided to threaten the U.S. with it.... He is an idiot!!

Also imagine how pissed off all the American companines now producing goods in Mexico would be if they could not ship their goods to the people who buy most of what they manufacture.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    You know I do think we could be pretty self-sufficient.

Trade is not a bad thing - if it is reasonable, fair, and if it benefits both parties.

We have stopped manufacturing quality products in order to manufacturer shoddy products overseas. That makes no sense - for us. In the long run, the consumers pay more by having to replace the things they purchase.

Once again, if foreign corporations can come here to build factories, roads, maintain toll roads, etc., - why can't American companies?

That's why I think all this 'free trade' is nothing more than a 'co-mingling' of our economies so there is no such thing as American economy any more - it will all just be part of a world economy.

Now with illegal immigration, HB visas, etc, there is also a 'co-mingling' of workers and citizens. Soon there will be no America. America will just be a branch office for the various big corporations.
    [/b]
    I agree. Americans have dealt with more in the past. They were able to get through the great depression, WWII and 7 years of Bush. If our government would be honest, the American citizens would make whatever sacrifices neccesary to get past it.

I'm willing to try.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    It would make absolutely no sense for Mexico to impose trade sanctions against us. You don't butcher your milk cow while it's still producing milk, and you certainly don't cut off the hand that's feeding you.
    I agree. These are idle threats, nothing more. Between oil, remittances from illegals, and illicit drug trafficking; the U.S. accounts for the majority of Mexico's revenue.

In retaliation, we could actually seal our borders. Mexico would collapse without the billions in remittances and drug trade. They wouldn't dare!

Yes, it makes no sense - but

There is an article on here about Chavez and how he is working in SA and trying to work in Mexico.

You know the things that are going on are seldom ever immediately apparent to us. They don't tell us things, we get the puzzle a piece at a time.

President Bush wants his Western Hemisphere Union. He couldn't get that, I think because of Chavez, and he is working on the NAU and he has CAFTA.

Chavez seems to want a SA union, and if the report is true, he might want Mexico included also.

We have been wondering for a long time why our government and politicians seem to be doing the bidding of the Mexican government. In so many things. Why our government allows them to come here, make speeches, make demands, use their consuls to issue Matricula cards, and to help the illegals find ways around our laws.

Maybe Mexico is demanding these things in exchange for not siding with Chavez. Maybe everytime some new demand gets met, it's just Mexico upping the ante?

Quote Originally Posted by bordersoldier
    The article I posted had a current date. You guys have been doing this longer than me so I believe you when you say it is old.
    Sometimes they rerun articles at a later time and stick the current days date on it.

Maybe that's what happened.

It starts out a heavy duty story. It was good for me. I missed it the first time around I think.

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

It's funny you should mention this, nntrixie. Just the other day I was talking to an individual who works for a furniture manufacturing company in High Point, NC, and he told me that unfair trade practices from companies outside the U.S. have reduced the quality of furniture manufactured here. According to him, the company he works for has been forced to cut corners, utilize cheaper materials, and ship more pieces of furniture just to survive. The company used to be about quality, not quanity, furniture that would last a lifetime. Now they're all about pumping out as much "throw away" furniture (cheaply made furniture) as they can. According to my source, the company didn't want to go this route, but had absolutely no choice because they couldn't compete against the cheaply made furniture being shipped into the country. The company can no longer afford to take pride in their product.

Unfortunately there have been several large furniture manufacturing companies in the High Point, NC, area that went under because they could no longer compete. So not all our jobs are being outsourced, many are just going away, period.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

bunch of hot air if you ask me. This is a case where the dog's bark is worse than its bite!

An old timer used to tell us that there were herds of Chihuahua's running wild down in Mexico.

I'm beginning to believe it.

I can almost hear them yapping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast