Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico may sue reservist in migrant detention

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php? ... armyreserv

Saturday, May 7, 2005

Mexico may sue reservist in migrant detention

The Associated Press

advertisement
    MEXICO CITY - The Mexican government is considering filing a lawsuit against a U.S. Army reservist who detained seven Mexican illegal immigrants at gunpoint in Arizona, a Mexican official said yesterday. Prosecutors in Arizona declined to charge the man.

The Mexican government is discussing the lawsuit with a human rights group based in Los Angeles, said Geronimo Gutierrez, the Mexican deputy foreign secretary for North America.

The lawsuit could argue that reserve Sgt. Patrick Haab engaged in assault or illegal detention of the immigrants or caused them mental anguish, Gutierrez said.

"The lawyers are analyzing the best ways to do it," he said in a news conference.

Local prosecutors in Arizona refused to bring charges against Haab in the April 10 case, based on a state law that allows a resident to make an arrest when a felony, including immigrant trafficking, has been committed.

The incident occurred the month in which civilian volunteers began patrolling the border to detain migrants entering the United States illegally in the Minutemen Project.

Haab said he wasn't participating in the project.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Diesel

Mexico and its citizens want money, goods and services from Americans
    anyway they can get it.

It seems like illegal immigrants are intimidating the scary Americans. It will get worst.

Those seven people were drug smugglers. Who are they kidding? Haven't heard anything about the Minuteman lawsuit, they are blowin' smoke...
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

These Mexicans are shameless. Now they want to sue someone for doing what is legal ( and necessary) in this country. They want to defame the MinuteMen for standing on their constitutionally guaranteed first amendment rights? Where in the heck are our so called 'leaders' on this?

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

American Patriot

Twice over...

This is where I lower my head in sorrow and raise my fist in anger and ask the question, "Where is the ACLU now?"

This American did his duty once, and then when he observed what he believed to be a crime he did it again. And now, because those he stopped from committing a crime are foreign nationals, it is *his* fault that they are here and were detained for their criminal activity.

Is it just me, or have we already surrendered? If this young soldier doesn't have the best lawyer's on his side defending him against this sort of lunacy, then this will be an even bigger affront to the American public, and the value of American CITIZENSHIP will be trod on in the most despicable manner.

From my perspective, I will just add, "Well done, Sergeant!"
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

So when are we going to see the lawsuits brought by Salvadorans, Guatemalans, etc against Mexicans who rape, rob & murder Central Americans on their way to the US?

The only excuse a judge has for not throwing this suit out the minute he sees it is because he has broken a blood vessel laughing and had to go to the hospital.

Any judge who agrees to let this go to trial should be impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    These Mexicans are shameless. Now they want to sue someone for doing what is legal ( and necessary) in this country. They want to defame the MinuteMen for standing on their constitutionally guaranteed first amendment rights? Where in the heck are our so called 'leaders' on this?

RR
    Of course they MUST sue over this. They have NO LEGAL grounds, so thier best (only) bet is to have NEW LAWs made through judicial precidence. I am SURE they will judge shop for this one. It will have to be under the 9th circus court, so that when it goes for appeal (where the precidence is set), they get that loonie bin which "might" side with them.

They have ABSOLUTELY no legal leg to stand on, other than an out of control judiciary!!! It is like playing poker, and simply pushing all your chips in, HOPING for a lucky draw. Unfortunately, it DOES work sometimes (more often than it should in certain courts, like the 9th).

They have to sue. If they don't, and allow a law like this to be unchallenged, then there is another (HUGE) block taken out of thier foundation, which is already starting to crumble.

H.

Re: American Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Rarius
    Twice over...

This is where I lower my head in sorrow and raise my fist in anger and ask the question, "Where is the ACLU now?"
    Wow, that is a simple question to anser. The ACLU will be in this case, but they will be on the MX side of the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarius
    This American did his duty once, and then when he observed what he believed to be a crime he did it again. And now, because those he stopped from committing a crime are foreign nationals, it is *his* fault that they are here and were detained for their criminal activity.

Is it just me, or have we already surrendered? If this young soldier doesn't have the best lawyer's on his side defending him against this sort of lunacy, then this will be an even bigger affront to the American public, and the value of American CITIZENSHIP will be trod on in the most despicable manner.

From my perspective, I will just add, "Well done, Sergeant!"
    Many have. More need to.

H.

Imo, we need to make a list of all possible "friendly" legal teams and organizations that are out there.

That way we can also pursue RICO, the MANN ACT as well as helping Americans who are being persecuted over these situations.

Let's find our own ACLU, if we know what's good for us. Some of these Constitutional Lawyers out there must be hungering for a test case just as the one's suing the University in Kansas {think it's Kansas} over the in-state tuition.

my 2 cents
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast