Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico sees 20% jump in money sent back home

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php? ... 05d1_remit

Mexico sees 20% jump in money sent back home
    The Associated Press
    May 9, 2005

MEXICO CITY - Mexicans living abroad sent more than $4 billion home in the first quarter of 2005, a 20 percent increase over the same period a year before, the Bank of Mexico said.
    The largest sum of money was sent to western Michoacan state, where residents received $546.2 million in the first three months of the year, according to figures posted in recent days on the Bank of Mexico's Web page.

The remittances are Mexico's second-largest source of foreign income after oil.

Last year, Mexicans sent home $16.6 billion, 24 percent more than in 2003.

Officials believe remittances have been increasing in part because it has become cheaper and easier to send money home.

Of the nearly 11 million people born in Mexico who live abroad, 98 percent are in the U.S.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Officials believe remittances have been increasing in part because it has become cheaper and easier to send money home.
    RICO ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if we take a look at Western Union if we will notice the increase in money sent to Mexcio reflects in their profits?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

JP, I don't know how to go about it, however, their profit MUST SHOW % INCREASE if Mexicans do business with them. {good idea}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well it does appear that their gross slaes are increrasing. Western Union is owned by First Data Corp.

http://money.excite.com/ht/rs/fin/ai/f/ ... oney/cm/rs

FIRST DATA CORP (FDC)
    12/31/04 12/31/03 12/31/02 12/31/01 12/31/00
    Sales 10,013.20 8,400.20 7,636.20 6,450.80 5,705.20
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Wait a minute........didn't I post something on "First Data".......they're funding something!!

I think it might be one of those Mex groups but I can't remember.
    They have a history that's negative.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-2556-first.html+data

FIRST DATA Corp. Funding Immigration

HMMMMMMMMM

MY OH MY OH MY

Could it be a CONFLICT OF INTEREST? Hmmmmm
    Are they pushing and funding for an underhanded purpose? Hmmmmm