Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In one of these articles Calderone was said to be "warning Obama".....not to renegotiate NAFTA.

Excuse me? "Warning" Obama? If I were Obama I'd let Mr. Calderone know very early on that he is not going to "warn" him.

I can see that Mexico's plan of action is to come on very assertive (borderline aggressive) with Barack Obama.

They used to do this with GWB too, especially in the beginning of his second term and almost until the end, UNTIL immigration laws started to be enforced.....it appeared to me that they then backed down and quieted down.

I have no idea what to expect from Barack Obama. Will he let them push him around? Or will he ACT like he's not letting them push him around, while turining around a granting amnesty to illegal aliens.

If he does the latter he will lose a great deal of credibility in the eyes of the American people.....and in the eyes of many people in many places.

He has to make it clear to Mexico that THEY will not dictate to the American people.

Can he do it? Will he do it?

We will soon find out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good point Legal. Has seemed like with Bush if Mexico says 'jump' he says 'how high?' We'll see if Obama reacts the same way soon enough.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

mexigrrl's
    for general information from someone who lives in Mexico and is just an average working stiff with a business...there is no NAFTA for us. NAFTA is only for the big businesses and the elite. We average people have to pay import duties and have to go through beurocratic hell to import items into Mexico. It is very expensive and time consuming and guess what? The fact that it is so expensive and time consuming encourages smuggling of said importations. I just like every other business import just enough inventory to look good. the rest of the shop inventory is kept offsite and moved only when needed. we keep the number of items that we imported in case we are inspected. NAFTA has also done its fine part in keeping down wages. Average Mexicans like me do not benefit in the least from NAFTA so we could care less if it becomes repealed or whatever. All these complaints from our government are only showing their desperation. It is unbelieveable that they can show pride when they only want to export their problems, the people who could become a force against them and hold them responsible for their own stupid actions. Mexico has become a failed state in many ways it will implode its only a matter of time.
    Welcome to ALIPAC.

Thank you for that information, mexigrrl. We have heard a lot that NAFTA has done very little to help the average hard working citizens in these countries involved in NAFTA.

If that is the case..... Barack Obama may very well pursue an agenda which will be less than pleasing to Mexico's elite and government based on things he said during his campaign.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But NAFTA has created losers as well. [quote:31wkcrp7]Mexican farmers complain they are being destroyed by cheap grain imports from north of the Rio Grande.

The cheap grain imports are only possible from north of the Rio Grande because of illegal labor from Mexico![/quote:31wkcrp7]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123