Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Also i just heard that 330 Mexican Marines have landed by ship off LA. Also the Dutch Marines have also landed but that i dont see as a problem with the Dutch because they are part of NATO, which we have NATO troops sitting on US bases all over the US. Also iam sure that Dutch are also their to protect thier Oil interest.

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Also i just heard that 330 Mexican Marines have landed by ship off LA. Also the Dutch Marines have also landed ...
    Yeah, there was a story linked via Yahoo that said the Dutch and Mexicans were working together to clean up some hurricane damaged area -- or at least they were working in the same area. Apparently, the Dutch and the U.S. Navy were engaged in a joint drug interdiction exercise somewhere in the Caribbean prior to the hurricane and then the Dutch ship was ordered to the Hurricane damaged area to help with that.

Personally, I see Fox's motivation for sending troops being much more subtle, but perhaps more damaging in the long run, than most anything suggested here so far (that I've read).

First, remember that a poll not too long ago said that the majority of Mexicans in the U.S. (and there are a bunch and they can vote in Mexican elections) and a high percentage of Mexicans in Mexico believe that a big chunk of the U.S. really belongs to Mexico. Seeing Mexican troops in the U.S. has to make these people feel really good and should enhance Fox's popularity and that of his party -- and there are Mexican elections coming up.

Second, the U.S. Congress will be debating and voting on a number of bills that deal with Mexican (and other) illegals soon as well as some general immigration provisions. Fox has provided his advocates in the U.S. (GWB, OBLs in Congress, La Raza lobbyists, etc.) some pretty powerful arguments for amnesty and increased legal immigration that would go something like "Mexico which is a poor and struggling country sacrificed greatly and came to help us in our time of need. How can we possibly turn our back on Mexico now by not granting amnesty to Mexicans who only want nothing but a better life by coming here to do the jobs that we don't want to do?" That would appear to be working because a number of comments I read on the Yahoo message boards were "Thank you, thank you Mexico" types. Most Americans aren't aware of the "Mexico extends well beyond her borders and we have the Mexican migrants to thank for that" attitude of the Mexicans (or at least their leaders). Most people just do not see, or are aware enough of the consequences to care, that we are giving away our national sovereingty to Mexico with this stuff. And, it is working for them because the Republicans, for example, are afraid to enforce our immigration laws which would be in the best interest of the majority of the people in this country because it might offend the Mexican/immigrant voters that we have already let in and/or amnestied. Obviously, the more we allow in and amnesty, the greater the political pressure to allow even more of the same resulting in one of those vicious circles. I am afraid that it may have already gone too far for a democratic political solution and we have to make the choice of surrendering, opening the borders to a free for all, and letting the country as we know it die (along with a big piece of the environment of the continent upon which it sits) -- the choice of whether in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or by opposing take up arms and end them. I know that last quote from Shakespear isn't really appropriate, but I hope it conveys the idea without getting too graphic. At any rate, with the illegal immigration, the amnesties, the matricular consular cards, the Mexican Consulates all over the place, the number of U.S. residents and citizens voting in both Mexican and U.S. elections (and probably more concerned about Mexico than the U.S.), a president and congress that caters to outsiders and globalists, a media serving up propaganda at the beck and call of the local Mexican Consulate, etc. we have a situation developing where two different countries and peoples are occupying the same soil and history has shown that doesn't work out very well. I'm coming to the conclusion that rather than blabbering on message boards that it is better to stick ones head in the sand about all this and eat, drink, and be merry because tomorrow there will be hell to pay -- one way or another.

Damn, I got off topic again. I just meant to say that I think there are or will be strings attached to this aid from Mexico even if the real motivation now may be only to just help us out -- and I sincerely doubt that is the only reason. Sorry! But, I do think the stuff above is fairly objective and rational and something to be concerned about and not just a xenophobic rant?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123