Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Mexico's Fox tells U.S. to help out in drug war

www.alertnet.org

Mexico's Fox tells U.S. to help out in drug war
    17 Aug 2005 02:28:11 GMT

Source: Reuters

MEXICO CITY, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Mexican President Vicente Fox told the United States on Tuesday to stop complaining about his government's record in the drug war and instead work with him in fighting powerful cocaine cartels.

U.S. President George W. Bush's administration has become increasingly critical of Mexico's failure to stop a wave of drug violence along the U.S.-Mexico border and U.S. states along the frontier also have called for firmer action.

Fox told reporters in the northern city of Hermosillo that the United States has as many problems with drugs and organized crime as Mexico and that his government was doing its part.

"My call to the United States, whether it is a state government or the government of President Bush, is that, instead of pointing out problems, we make proposals and that we work together instead of each one working by himself," Fox said. "That's the only way we'll be able to win."

He also suggested U.S. police might not be doing enough to stop the flow of drugs.

"The question is, 'How do all the drugs that cross over there get to the consumer markets? What is being done on that side?'" Fox said.

Drug cartels move South American cocaine through Mexico by land, air and sea, often bribing police along the way. Mexico is also a major supplier of amphetamines and marijuana.

More than 600 people have been killed this year in a vicious turf battle between Mexico's cartels and the worst violence has been in rough cities along the border.

The U.S. government has repeatedly warned Americans not to travel to Nuevo Laredo, where more than 100 people have been slain since the start of the year.

Washington closed its consulate in Nuevo Laredo, which is across the Rio Grande from Laredo, Texas, for a week at the start of August. The move upset Mexico's government and further weakened a relationship that started out with great promise when Fox and Bush were newly elected but has been hurt by disputes over the Iraq war, U.S. immigration policy and the drug war.

Tony Garza, the U.S. ambassador to Mexico, has been at the center of the dispute. On Tuesday, he defended his decision to close the consulate in Nuevo Laredo but also suggested it was punishment for Mexico's inability to halt the bloodshed.

"Some have said that I ordered the shutdown to punish the Mexican government for it's failure to control violence in the region. And in a sense that's true," Garza said in the text of a speech he was scheduled to make in Denver.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The question is, 'How do all the drugs that cross over there get to the consumer markets? What is being done on that side?'" Fox said.
    What a jerk. I guess if we close the border we won't have to worry about this much more.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    What a jerk. I guess if we close the border we won't have to worry about this much more.
    Oh how i agree with you. It sure is not being produced here, then sent there to be smuggled back here.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

This scumbag has a lot of nerve trying to compare our great country to the cesspool he calls a country which he himself has absolutely no control over. Trying to blame us for their problems is way beyond pathetic and laughable. They try to blame us for their drug problems, yet their country is the #1 exporter of drugs into our country. Go figure.

Mexican President Vicente Fox told the United States on Tuesday to stop complaining about his government's record in the drug war and instead work with him in fighting powerful cocaine cartels.
    Oh, but it's ok for you to meddle in our affairs and criticize our track record and pass judgement on us you selfish [Mod edit for language]. Why should we work with you Foxy boy? What have you done for us that we should help you out? It's funny we continue to bail out Mexico every time they shoot themselves in the foot, but instead of Mexico taking responsibility for their own actions, they instead try to pass the buck off to us. It's give me, give me, give me. No Fox I and the American people want a return investment on this one sided relationship. It's time you started doing for us now. If you truly are our friend and ally (which I know is a crock of bull) then you would help us secure our borders and crack down on the illegal alien problem, second you would help pay for the cost of caring for your citizens, third you would give us some of your oil as payment for caring for your citizens, fourth you would crack down on crime in your own country and help set up economic opportunities for your people (that's Mexico not the US). Finally stay out of our affairs, especially when we try to defend our country from the scum of the earth. Then and only then if you do those things would the American people even remotely consider helping you out again.

U.S. President George W. Bush's administration has become increasingly critical of Mexico's failure to stop a wave of drug violence along the U.S.-Mexico border and U.S. states along the frontier also have called for firmer action.
    That's news to me.

Fox told reporters in the northern city of Hermosillo that the United States has as many problems with drugs and organized crime as Mexico and that his government was doing its part.
    All I have to say to that is BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke. That is about as pathetic as Bush saying he's doing all he can to defend our homeland. Again comparing Mexico's problems to the US is extremely laughable. One of the main reasons the US has alot of the problems it has is because of Mexico. Close the borders now and watch the drug exports, gang problems, crime just plummet. Don't think Bush and them don't know this. If they did their duty we wouldn't even be discussing this.

The drugs aren't coming from the US, they are coming from Mexico and the rest of Latin America. They are the problem, not us.

"My call to the United States, whether it is a state government or the government of President Bush, is that, instead of pointing out problems, we make proposals and that we work together instead of each one working by himself," Fox said. "That's the only way we'll be able to win."
    I think it's about time that Mexico is shown some so called tough love. That's the problem Fox. You and your leeches have been mooching off of us for far too long now. Enough is enough and it's time for a change. Close the borders now and let Mexico rot. Lets see how much they complain when the money spickett is turned off. No more money for Mexico. Just say no. Let them fend for themselves.

Fox you need to shut your mouth about us and start worrying about the crime and corruption in your own land.

Tony Garza, the U.S. ambassador to Mexico, has been at the center of the dispute. On Tuesday, he defended his decision to close the consulate in Nuevo Laredo but also suggested it was punishment for Mexico's inability to halt the bloodshed.

"Some have said that I ordered the shutdown to punish the Mexican government for it's failure to control violence in the region. And in a sense that's true," Garza said in the text of a speech he was scheduled to make in Denver.
    Well I'm glad somebody in the Bush administration has a clue. Who knew?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

seriously, is this a parody site?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Mexican President Vicente Fox told the United States on Tuesday to stop complaining about his government's record in the drug war and instead work with him in fighting powerful cocaine cartels.
    LOL. You gotta be kidding me. How about you getting off some of that OIL MONEY instead of splitting it up with your cronies and get some honest law enforcement. Or better yet bribe them into nailing the real criminals.

He also suggested U.S. police might not be doing enough to stop the flow of drugs.
    WOW, could that be because Bush has under funded the Border Patrol and millions have got thur the porous border, ya think?

MY, my, why don't you just ask some of your illegals over here for the answer to that question. They can tell ya!
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.