Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico's largest trucking companies balk at new U.S. regulat

http://www.khou.com/business/stories/kh ... e10dd.html
    Mexico's largest trucking companies balk at new U.S. regulations

06:34 PM CST on Monday, March 5, 2007

By Angela Kocherga / KHOU

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico - More than 500 trucking companies in Mexico have applied for a permit that would give them access to U.S. highways. But some leading Mexican companies are reluctant to participate in the pilot program.

Under the program the safety inspections routine at the border crossings will now extend south of the border.

U.S. authorities instead will do extensive inspection on site in Mexico of trucking companies that want access to U.S. roadways

With an extensive safety program including onsite company inspections, a large fleet of trucks and experience hauling cargo across the border, you might expect the Mexican trucking company Fletes Sotelo to be among the first to want to expand throughout the U.S.

But Manuel Sotelo, the owner of the Juarez based company says he's not interested.

He cites what he calls discriminatory treatment in the 25 mile border buffer zone where Mexican trucks are now allowed. He says it would only get worse for truckers traveling across the U.S.

The vice president of Mexico's transportation association said Mexican trucks are routinely subjected to more inspections than U.S. vehicles.

Mexican trucking companies say do not judge their entire fleet by what you see at the border. That's because they send the oldest vehicles to international crossings. That's because the trucks often spend hours in line idling while they're waiting for inspection by U.S. border authorities.

Even so, most of the older trucks pass inspection and then hand off their cargo to a long haul trucker in the U.S.

Experienced trucking companies in Mexico predict the practice will continue because it's the most cost effective way to move cargo across the border
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The vice president of Mexico's transportation association said Mexican trucks are routinely subjected to more inspections than U.S. vehicles.
    Yeah, and I've got some swamp land for sale in John McCain's back yard too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Yeah, and I've got some swamp land for sale in John McCain's back yard too.
    MW if you find somebody who is dumb enough to want to live that close to that clown let me know!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Mexican trucks required more inspections. They bring in drugs and smuggle illegals into the country. Ever Mexican truck should be inspected. We need to rebuild our country instead of encouraging trade with mexico.

Lets say your a Mexican truck driver/owner and the Mexican inspector says you need Tires, brakes,lites, and other expensive work. Do you dump the load of produce or bribe the inspector a few pesos and follow a long standing tradition?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    nittygritty wrote:

MW if you find somebody who is dumb enough to want to live that close to that clown let me know!
    Sen. Kennedy will probably believe me and make an offer.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexican trucking companies say do not judge their entire fleet by what you see at the border. That's because they send the oldest vehicles to international crossings. That's because the trucks often spend hours in line idling while they're waiting for inspection by U.S. border authorities.
    So that means they send their oldest and worst to the border. Keep the good ones for their countries travel. Now that just makes me feel so much safer...

I could care less if 99 of their trucks are 100% ,when 1 is a rat trap is sent to travel my roads.

Can someone tell me how more than 500 trucking companies applied for the permit...because all the news has been reporting only 100 companies are in the one year pilot program?????????

Ya think someone... is telling tall tails...hummmmm
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

April
    Mexican trucking companies say do not judge their entire fleet by what you see at the border.

RIGHT.........

Banned
    Didn't I hear that the drug lords in Mexico bought the trucking companies years ago?

Wonder if they have to meet our emission standards???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast