Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Miami Herald Columnist Triumphantly Cites Leftwing Media Mat

Comments are being left at the source link.
    ~~

Miami Herald Columnist Triumphantly Cites Leftwing Media Matters to Slam Illegal Immigration Critics
    By P.J. Gladnick | June 14, 2008 - 22:12 ET

Miami Herald columnist, Andres Oppenheimer, is like a high school football player who just scored a touchdown. You can spot him in the end zone triumphantly spiking the football and performing his over the top victory dance. However there is something a bit too overenthusiastic about Oppenheimer's self-celebration as if he knows there is a huge caveat to his "victory."

You can read his not quite convincing "celebration" in his Miami Herald column, "About time! Reckless TV anchors put on spot:"

Bravo! A new study has found widespread fear-mongering and reckless journalism by cable television hosts such as CNN's Lou Dobbs and Fox News' Bill O'Reilly, who have made a career of bashing Hispanic undocumented immigrants and their home countries.

Gee! Doesn 't that sound impressive? However guess who did this "study?"

The study by Media Matters Action Network, a watchdog group, says Dobbs, O'Reilly and CNN's Glenn Beck serve up steady anger, resentment and myths ``seemingly geared toward creating anti-immigrant hysteria.''

Yes, Media Matters. That leftwing group financed by billionaire George Soros to attack conservatives. Not exactly an unbiased study group there. Of course, Oppenheimer continues to condemn people opposed to open borders illegal immgration as "creating anti-immigrant hysteria." According to Oppenheimer and other open borders advocates, there are only "undocumented immigrants," not illegal aliens. And anybody opposed to open borders is somehow a Know Nothing nativist.

Oppenheimer also celebrates some related "good news." Barack Obama shares his distorted vision about illegal immigration:

Also good news: Likely Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama told me in an interview last week that he shares concerns ''about the anti-immigrant tenor that I have seen in some of the broadcasts,'' which are helping create a climate of hatred against Hispanics.

So now the ball is in the court of Oppenheimer and Obama. Could they cite some specific examples of those broadcasts creating a "climate of hatred against Hispanics" who are here legally? Your humble NewsBusters correspondent knows that neither his Hispanic wife nor in-laws who are here legally feel any such imaginary climate of hatred. As for Oppenheimer's readers, most of them just aren't buying his smug victory celebration based on a "study" by a far left group with an agenda. Here is a small sampling of what Oppenheimer's readers had to say about his column both in the Herald and on his blog:

Calling an ILLEGAL ALIEN an "undocumented immigrant, is like calling a crack dealer and "unlicensed pharmacist" - ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL, regardless of ethnic background.
    You use a very liberal source without revealing their agenda and use it as a rallying point for the Democratic candidate and wonder why people won't subscribe to your leftist agenda driven newspaper?

EVERY country in the world has an immigration policy. ILLEGAL immigration is a CRIME in every country in the world. I would love to see you go across the border into MEXICO as an UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT/ILLEGAL ALIEN. As has been reported they are very tough on illegals and you would be put under the prison for daring to enter Mexico illegally. Try to write your column from there !

http://newsbusters.org
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

FYI Oppenheimer is in a Mexican hospital being treated for a ruptured esophagous in "grave" condition.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/514056.html

Karma Oppy, Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    FYI Oppenheimer is in a Mexican hospital being treated for a ruptured esophagous in "grave" condition.

Karma Oppy, Karma.
    Wow, I bet O'Reilly and others are shaking in their boots. NOT.

Yes, karma or prayer. I remember years ago a neighbor who was not so nice purposely parked his van in front of our house so my hubby couldn't park his truck in front because of his back injury.(Long story) I didn't want him parking on an incline making his injury worse trying to get out of the car.

I had all kinds of "get back ideas." Instead, I prayed, "Lord I know you see this. I would just like to see the tip of the iceberg of your justice on this man."
    The next day he walked in with a back brace on and was out of work for months. In the book of Hosea speaks of "sowing a wind and reaping a whirlwind." It's more than "what goes around comes around."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer

Karma Oppy, Karma.
    I clicked on the link provided. Unless I missed it, El Universal does not offer their site in English. There has to be an English option, where is it?

How ironic that a mexican paper would not offer an English option, yet this country bends over backwards to make sure illegals in this country are provided information in spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if he choked on some of that bull crap he was trying to get his readers to swallow?

The real problem here is that biased writers like this one are contributing to the rapes, robberies, and deaths affecting innocent Americans due to illegal immigration.

We need to get some letters in the air to this paper talking about how illegal aliens and their supporters are responsible for so many deaths in America.

W

Perhaps this article can be used as information for the Miami Herald:

“MEDIA MATTERS Watchâ€