Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michelle Obama heads to Nevada with Harry Reid

Michelle Obama heads to Nevada with Harry Reid
    By Amy Gardner
    First lady Michelle Obama will touch down in Nevada on Tuesday for two events with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Obama will headline the Women's Summit 2010 in Reno, and then she'll join Reid at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas to promote "Let's Move Outside!," an initiative of the Department of Interior designed to encourage more outdoor activity among children. Reid invited her to both events.

The trip represents a rare political deployment for the first lady, who is sure to provide a media boost for Reid as he positions for what is expected to be a difficult reelection bid this year. Reid will face the winner of a highly competitive June 8 Republican primary. He has already spent $8.6 million this election cycle, but his approval ratings remain below 50 percent in most public polls. As of the end of March, Reid had another $9 million on hand, according for the Federal Election Commission.

Of the 12 Republicans vying to challenge Reid, three have led most polls: former state senator Sue Lowden, former state assemblywoman Sharron Angle, and real-estate investor Danny Tarkanian.

Lowden enjoyed a wide lead in polls until last month, when she harked back to the days when consumers paid their medical bills by bartering such items as chickens. Since then, Lowden's numbers have fallen steadily while those of Angle, who is backed by the Tea Party Express and the Club for Growth, have gained.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/201 ... d=politics

I haven't seen any postings from Nevada folks lately. What's going on there in regards to Harry Reid (the way you see it).

The majority here want Harry Ried out...but good ole boy Harry is pulling all the stops right now...The 4th of June is the primary and early voting is going on now...

Sharon Angle, Sue Lowden, and Danny Tarkanian are running against each other they are on the Repugnant s side. Sharon is getting a lot of support from the Tea Party Express.....

What we really need is someone to run against Harry Reid on the Demorats side which is not happening....so he is running somewhat unopposed.....

Independents can not vote in the primary's they can only vote on the non-partisan ballot...so they are freezing us out...someone needs to file suit on that issue they are denying us our right to vote in any primary...

Either case about the only thing we can do here is follow the money that is being spent that in it self will tell you who is being pushed and by whom.

There are some groups here in Nevada that are working to get him out but I think the main push will be going on after the primary's...

I will keep you all posted on the goings but I had brought over different links about Las Vegas and Reno a while back...

Kathye

Thank you for the update Kathye, I was so hoping there was a contender that would take on Harry Reid. The latest articles I have seen read as though his support is waning.

I guess it will be up to the GOP candidate to do the work.I am dreaming of the day when I can turn on Channel 23 (Monterey Bay area of CA) and not see Harry at all.

As do I

Kathyet

and i thought the messiah wanted to keep his family out of the politics.
    if thats true, why is michelle campaigning for dingy harry reid?
    is it because if he shows up, since america seems to be against his moves, that it will definately cost Reid the election?

i dont think the wife will do much better

Well we will see if she shows up on Tuesday!!!! So far I haven't received an invitation....

Kathyet

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    and i thought the messiah wanted to keep his family out of the politics.
    Not so. Look how she went to Mexico on her own to meet with the Caleron family and programs down there. Seems like she is carrying all kinds of Obama's messages.

Dam...wished I lived in Nevada. I would change my party affiliation just to run against him to cause him to sweat some more....lol..Kathy...why don't you give it a shot...

Because I don't articulate very well...

NEVADANEWS & VIEWS

Some trends that should make Harry Reid nervous

Posted by Steve Sebelius on May 21st, 2010 and filed under Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry from your site

(Steve Sebelius) – It’s almost not surprising that the percentage of new voters signing up as Democrats has fallen below 40 percent for the first time since Las Vegas consulting firm Applied Analysis began tracking the figures in 2003.

While Democrats are still ahead of Republicans (who signed up 26 percent of the new voters), it’s “non-partisan,â€