Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are Middle Eastern terrorist posing as Mexican immigrants?

http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/ ... e43a0.html

09:42 PM CST on Wednesday, November 15, 2006

By Dave Fehling / 11 News

Click to watch video

A warning from some Texas congressmen: Middle Eastern terrorists may be trying to pose as Mexican immigrants.

But is it a warning based on fact or politics?

Some people in Houston are worried about the message.

You couldn’t miss it during the election.

Texas politicians saying the border needed protection, not just to stop undocumented workers, but terrorists.

A month before the election, Mike McCaul, a congressman from a district northwest of Houston, released a report.

It said that just this summer, seven Iraqis were caught in Brownsville and that the Border Patrol found a jacket with a military patch written in Arabic.

The report said they were examples of “ominous threats to national security.”

It was big news in the Valley.

What’s more, the Web site of Houston Congressman John Culberson says Islamic terrorists are learning Spanish.

He talked to 11 News from Washington.

“The FBI director has confirmed that there’s Middle Easterners with known al-Qaida connections assuming false Hispanic identities entering the United States illegally and disappearing," he said.

11 News looked into what the congressmen are saying and found some of it did check out. But some of the assertions seemed dubious if not downright offensive to some Muslim Americans

For example, there was never any proof offered that those Iraqis found on the border had anything to do with terrorism.

And the Muslim name changing?

We were told by an FBI spokesperson in Houston that yes, they investigated several cases locally and found it was true.

But not because the Muslims were terrorists but rather because they were tired of being discriminated because of their Muslim names.

“If there is an Arab person and his name is Isa means Jesus, literally it means Jesus, guess what, to change it to Jesus, there’s nothing wrong with that," Rodwan Saleh said.

Saleh is a computer consultant and president of the Islamic Society of Greater Houston.

He himself has been detained at Bush Intercontinental Airport.

“I’m an American citizen, I was born in this country,” Saleh said.

He believes he was detained because of his name and looks — the things used to profile terror suspects.

Are politicians now exploiting the fear of Middle Eastern terrorists to drum up support for immigration reform?

“It makes Muslims feel very inferior.”

Congressman McCaul told 11 News by e-mail that his report in no way labels all Muslims as terrorists, and Culberson said, “It is important for elected officials not to exaggerate it. I’ve always done my best to rely on the facts.”

Facts, fear and debate over who’s coming across the border.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Are Middle Eastern terrorist posing as Mexican immigrant

A warning from some Texas congressmen: Middle Eastern terrorists may be trying to pose as Mexican immigrants. But is it a warning based on fact or politics?
    Does it matter? Either way, the threat is still there. I am surprised that the main stream media doesn't report on this stuff.

“I’m an American citizen, I was born in this country,” Saleh said.
    So were those Muslim Brits that bombed the subway! It really bugs me that these people come from their wretched countries and bitch and complain about everything here.

There is such a big push to be politically correct in our country that we are losing the very things that make our country great.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    There is such a big push to be politically correct in our country that we are losing the very things that make our country great.
    That's very true, NEESE.
    But it's up to us to end it. Not accept it. Refuse to be PC.
    That's the only way that this brainwashing will end, imo.

Accepting the PC attitude is much like putting icing on a molded cake.
    It's rotten underneath but sure looks pretty on top.....it's deceiving.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you remember anyone suing or getting sued when you were a kid? I don't. It is a big free for all now. If you aren't PC, you'll get sued. It is like the people that were mad because "God" is on our money and in the Pledge of Allegiance. We are a Christian nation, and people want to take that away. If they don't enjoy our culture, why come here?

No NEESE, it was a rarity to even hear about frivolous lawsuits.
    Everyone worked it out, or at least, most people did. And that's what my parents taught me......handle it eye to eye.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I once heard in Japan it is extremely rare for someone to sue another. Consequently they don't have near the amt of lawyers that we do. There was a statistic too but of course I can't recall it but had to do with for every so many people there are so many lawyers and it was amazing the difference is in this country compared to Japan. We are sue-happy here and should be ashamed of that.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have schools that have removed playground equipment, banned the game of "tag", students aren't allowed to run or even touch each other. I'm telling you this "lawsuit" thing is like a raging brushfire, just consuming everything we hold dear. There is something deeply evil sweeping this nation and the world, for that matter. You can feel it.....that things are terribly off-base and something sinister is going on. It's almost surreal....kinda like living in some kind of sci-fi movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast