Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Migrant worker files civil suit against Sheriff Arpaio

Migrant worker files civil suit against Sheriff Arpaio
    Judi Villa

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s aggressive immigration enforcement efforts has led to racial profiling, a lawsuit filed Wednesday claims.

The suit seeks, among other things, a declaratory judgment that Arpaio’s actions are unconstitutional and injunctions prohibiting the use of Arpaio’s anti-immigration hotline and directing the Sheriff’s Office to disband its Illegal Immigration Interdiction unit.

“Our investigations show that the Sheriff’s Office has routinely exceeded their authority and shown a blatant disregard for the civil rights of individuals in Maricopa County,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The class action suit looks at the case of a Mexican man who was in the country legally, yet got detained for nearly eight hours.
    Ok this is what I don't get. If you are a legal citizen why is it you don't have ID on your person to prove it. I have a drivers license a social security card which I carry. Plus in safety box I have my birth certificate.

Now if I was arrested I'd have no problem proving I was a citizen. Now how is it these people get arrested and can't prove their citizenship? What am I missing?
    ?

I am sure the good sheriff was expecting this sooner or later and he does not seem that worried about it.

The whinners at it again and probably getting paid by "The Race" to start the law suit.

Where is this legal persons ID. seems to me if you don't want to go to jail, you would carry it on you.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    You know, this is a big load of BS.

I'm a citizen of this country.

Last spring, when I disappeared from the boards for 3 months, I got arrested and charged with a misdemeanor crime. It took 80 days in jail and 3 appearances before a judge before I was allowed to prove my innocence.

I didn't have the $2500 bail that they wanted, I didn't even have the lousy $250 it would have taken to pay a bondsman (which I never would have gotten back, BTW), so I sat in jail for almost 3 months!

Just one more example of how our legal system treats illegals with kid gloves while treating citizens like $HIT!

Who the hell can I sue?!?!?!?

Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:46 PM MST
    Sheriff undeterred by 'racial profiling' lawsuit
    The Business Journal of Phoenix - by Mike Sunnucks Phoenix Business Journal

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is discounting a lawsuit filed against his office that alleges it unfairly targets Hispanics in immigration law enforcement actions.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has arrested illegal immigrants at day labor sites and has enforced the state's anti-human smuggling statute.

The lawsuit was brought by Louis Moffa, a partner at the Phoenix law office of Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll LLP.

Ballard Spahr also is representing a host of business groups in a federal lawsuit that seeks to throw out a state law punishing employers that hire illegal immigrants.

"Because I am keeping my promise to the citizens of this county and keep attacking the illegal immigration problem from every legal aspect, the pro-illegal immigration activists and their high-priced attorneys are now attempting to stop my enforcement of the laws of this state and country with a frivolous lawsuit claiming racial profiling," said Arpaio in a statement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)