Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They feel unwanted?

This is what happens when you enter our Country illegally, then hoist your flags, not ours, and start demanding we change our laws to suit you!

Illegals, you alone have shut down 82 ER's in California, now it's hitting Florida.

Illegals you have put extreme pressure on our schools and prisons! Taken many of our jobs, got paid under the table, and decided our laws didn't matter to you!

And you think we should all be smiling and happy you are here?
    No lie.....it's not like there isn't a host of valid reasons for citizens feeling that way. They've hardley made it easy being so demanding and hateful.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree it is not hard to feel as frustrated as we do. In areas with high numbers of illegals it is nothing but frustrating. If you read the comments residents of South Florida write after stories similar to that one you really see it. I have not posted them as many are unacceptable here. The legal residents and citizens of Miami are starting to complain about them as well. I was shocked to see how many people were writing the editor in the Miami Herald and saying that the Columbian boy that was here illegally should not be allowed to stay and should go home. The paper has start printing more letters by us against illegals. I am sure that there will be letters about this article as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

González said he hasn't sent money to his family in the Honduran port city of La Ceiba since November and ties his troubles to a growing anti-immigrant sentiment -- even in immigrant-rich South Florida.
    I love hearing the encouraging words, as such, but the problem in South Florida goes further than Miami. And although i hear whispers here on the SouthWest coast of large numbers of self deportations, because the construction jobs have died off, you can't tell it by the recent addition of Spanish subtitles on everything and new, large departments in the stores, and the lack of english being spoken behind the counters....
    or the inability for anyone who is NOT bi-lingual to find a job on the current market. No - let me correct that...
    if you speak Spanish and no English, you're ok - but if you speak English and no Spanish - you're not qualified!

I lived in the Greater Miami area 20 years ago, after the first Amnesty, and what I am seeing here, now, is what was going on there 20 years ago. I will not go visiting over there...and am working hard to get our sheriff involved over here!!
    AirForceGal This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

love hearing the encouraging words, as such, but the problem in South Florida goes further than Miami. And although i hear whispers here on the SouthWest coast of large numbers of self deportations, because the construction jobs have died off, you can't tell it by the recent addition of Spanish subtitles on everything and new, large departments in the stores, and the lack of english being spoken behind the counters....
    or the inability for anyone who is NOT bi-lingual to find a job on the current market. No - let me correct that...
    if you speak Spanish and no English, you're ok - but if you speak English and no Spanish - you're not qualified!

I lived in the Greater Miami area 20 years ago, after the first Amnesty, and what I am seeing here, now, is what was going on there 20 years ago. I will not go visiting over there...and am working hard to get our sheriff involved over here!!

AFGal in South Florida the Cubans are all over and moving out of that area. Many of them don't speak English or care to learn and they are legal. Those people make it harder to tell who is legal and who isn't. It also doesn't help when you can take classes and get licenses for certain jobs completely in Spanish. Miami Dade Community College was offering courese such as real estate, mortgage broker, insurance courses and others completely in Spanish.

Why is this in other topics? Should be moved to the news section.

W

low wages

The new minimum wage is $5.85 an hour. If you are working for 40 hours, 52 weeks of the year, the annual wage is $12,168. For legal workers you need to deduct approximately 7.5% for social security tax (FICA) and you may have to take out federal and/or state taxes depending on your number of dependents. Most employers do not pay for health or life insurance so you are on your own with that. If you don't do your work, take days off, etc. you are fired. The employers don't care if it is hot you still have to work. There are many people who work in the heat. Factory workers, lawn service, pool maintenance, road maintenance, etc. They still do thier jobs in order to get paid and live. It is not easy to live on $12,168 a year. A lot of people, myself included, would feel rich on $20,000 a year tax free.

I'd cry too, but considering the treatment US citizens get in latin america countries I'm all outta tears. They yell yanqui go home back in latin american then come to the US and yell europeans go home. If they all had one ass to kick, I'd be kicking it.

The US GIVES countries like Peru, Columbia and Mexico MILLIONS of dollars a year and they still whine.

I ran out of white guilt the hundredth time I was called a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    ''What I have found is both ugly and sad,'' pollster Sergio Bendixen said. ``There are millions of Latin American immigrants, especially those living in the deep South and the upper Midwest, whose lives have been made miserable by the anti-immigrant sentiment that is now so prevalent in so many geographic areas.''
    Yeah...I find that ugly and sad too.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12