Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Migrants in Tijuana regret caravan - 'I'm done with the United States'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Migrants in Tijuana regret caravan - 'I'm done with the United States'

WND

Migrants in Tijuana regret caravan

'I'm done with the United States'

Published: 16 hours ago 34

image: https://www.wnd.com/files/2018/11/migrant_caravan.jpg

Many of the estimated 6,000 migrants from Central America living in a makeshift shelter in Tijuana, Mexico, are preparing to return home, expressing regret for making the arduous journey.

Carlos González, who traveled north with his wife and two children, ages 4 and 3, told the Daily Beast he “thought it would be easy” to gain entry into the United States.
    Now, said the 40-year-old corn farmer, the plan is to sign up with Mexican officials for voluntary repatriation.
    “We’re here alone, hungry, unprotected. My daughter is sick with diarrhea,” he said. “I don’t want to lose my kids, lose my life.”
    Gonzalez set out from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, on Oct. 12.

Fox News reported about 80 migrants self-deported Tuesday. Another 98 were deported by Mexican immigration officials for pushing past police barricades and trying to cross the U.S. frontier on Sunday.
    Fewer than 100 migrants a day are allowed to approach the border crossing and obtain an interview to seek asylum.
    Of the 6,062 total in Tijuana, according to officials, 3,877 men are men, 1,127 are women and 1,058 are children. By their own accounts, the majority apparently are economic migrants who don’t qualify for asylum, which requires a “credible fear” of persecution.
    Local officials say another 2,000 in nearby Mexicali are expected to make their way toward Tijuana this week.
    But Fox News said the migrants “are tired, restless and growing frustrated by the reality that it’s proving much more difficult to get across the border than they had anticipated.”
    A member of Tijuana’s local government, Delegate Genaro Lopez Moreno, said, according to Fox News, that it’s costing the municipality $30,000 to $40,000 dollars a day to take care of the migrants.
    He blames the caravan organizers, who he believes sold the migrants a false hope.
    “The leaders that were promising them the great American Dream aren’t coming through,” Moreno said.
    The migrants, he added, “know they’re going to be better off going back home.”
    Some have chosen to accept temporary work and asylum from Mexico, Fox News said. But most hang on to the hope of entering the U.S.
    Luis Conde of Guatemala vowed to cross the border whether legally or not.
    “It doesn’t matter,” he said. “I got no choice. I got to work for a living.”

https://www.wnd.com/2018/11/migrants...N1FSikGKBFUq40
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

theepochtimes.com

Many Migrant Caravan Members Are Deciding to Return Home

Video https://m.theepochtimes.com/many-mig...pYQOwQ-EebGI38

Many Migrant Caravan Members Are Deciding to Return Home

By Colin Fredericson
    November 28, 2018 Updated: November 28, 2018

Some Central Americans who arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border as part of the migrant caravan have decided to head home.
    There is also the possibility that some of the migrants will remain in Mexico.
    “A decrease asylum requests reflects on the fact that people have realized the difficulty of this trip and they have also realized about the possibility that Mexico is offering [to give them work]. Mexico has opened its doors, Mexico is offering asylum, Mexico is also offering jobs,” a representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees said at a shelter for migrants in Tijuana, Mexico.
    According to The San Diego Union-Tribune, the reason the migrants are taking up the offer to go back include economic responsibilities back home, a fear of legal consequences for clashing with authorities at the border, and a growing weariness of Tijuana’s shelters.
    Many migrants that claim asylum now have to wait in Mexico until their claims are processed by U.S. authorities. This change in policy could keep them in Mexico for a significant stretch of time.
    “I thought I’d already be working in the United States by now,” 27-year-old Jonathan Canales, a Honduran who is choosing to return, told the Union-Tribune. He has been staying in a Tijuana shelter for over two weeks.
    Canales left behind his wife and 2-year-old daughter in hopes of finding a job in the United States. He is a plumber in Honduras and is looking forward to getting back to work and reuniting with his family, the Union-Tribune reported.
    Other migrants also do not like the conditions of the shelters.
    “The conditions inside are not just unclean, they’re a little dangerous,” said 22-year-old Maria Granados, via the Union-Tribune. She was also looking to return home and see her 2-year-old daughter.
    Granados said she had also become disillusioned with what has become of the migrant caravan. She didn’t expect it to become violent. On Nov. 25 things became tense when migrants threw rocks at border agents and tried to break through border fencing. Some were driven back with tear gas.
    Granados has also come to realize, as have other migrants in the caravan, that they might not get into the United States after all.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/many-mig...pYQOwQ-EebGI38
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And the United States IS DONE WITH YOU...go home and fight to fix your own country.

Demand NATO troops are deployed to round up your gangs and put them in prison!

Get on birth control, get out of poverty and do NOT give birth to more babies with NO future who end up in crime and gangs!

They are FULL of diseases now at that border. NO more asylum applications! Start deporting them out of our detentions centers and clear the 700,000 backlog...out they go!

Stop all asylum now...put a 90 day pause on it...then extend it through 2019!

We need at least a ONE YEAR pause on all refugees, asylum, TPS and illegal aliens coming here!

We need to fix this system, we need tracking in place and we need to remove the visa overstays as well!

ONE YEAR PAUSE...WE ARE BEGGING CONGRESS TO STOP THIS!

NO MONEY TO MEXICO OR CENTRAL AMERICA...WE NEED EVERY DIME TO BUILD THAT WALL!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

this is how they live at home it sick . now we know why the baby are sick & then they come to our country to get well . I don't think so stay the hell home .Mr president don't for get the water front . they come over that way also
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)