Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the reason the reporter made the comment about William supporting Ron Paul is because that is what Gilchrist told him. He's just writing whatever Gilchrist tells him as though it's fact. Gilchrist is playing the same game as the MSM by labeling Ron Paul supporters as fringe loonies.

I always had the impression that William favored Romney. Many of us were torn between Romney and Ron Paul. No one supported Mike Huckabee. Gilchrist has always quipped that if we didn't support Mike Huckabee we would get stuck with McCain or Rudy. If anything, Huckabee stole support away from Romney. We could blame Gilchrist for that but I don't think the voters really cared who Gilchrist endorsed.

When Gilchrist accepted money to promote a pro illegal alien candidate he drove the final nail into his coffin. Until he did that I never said a negative thing him. But now he's stepped outside the circle and he's made himself open for attack.

Mr. Aden:

Your article "Minuteman Meltdown" makes the false statement that I and my organization have been supporting Ron Paul for President. This is false and I need to know two things.

One, who told you this false information that is in your article? Two, what remedies are available to correct this with reader?

ALIPAC clearly established a position of not endorsing any candidate for President while informing the public of which candidates supported and opposed Amnesty for illegal aliens. This was done for two major reasons. One, to protect our credibility exposing candidates like Huckabee that secretly support amnesty and secondly to protect the unity of our supporters which favored Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, and Fred Thompson who were on our 'no amnesty' list.

Thanks to the false information displayed as if fact in your article, there are now people that believe we supported Ron Paul and that would be a likely reason for our opposition to Huckabee. The false information you have published can hurt our organization because people may believe we misled them about our stance and that we supported a rival "no amnesty" campaign they did not support.

It is my understanding that journalists are not supposed to print false information for which they have no documentation to prove especially when it could harm individuals and organizations.

I await your response on the two questions above.

William Gheen
    www.alipac.us

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added to homepage with notes pointing out false statements made by Gilchrist

http://www.alipac.us/article2967.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Its really sad , I was a Gilchrest supporter for quite a while until he
    turned on us ,

I also saw that story about W endorsing Paul and thought "wtf?"

I was right here during the candidate wars and if anything
    W was dead center neutral in it all

I also thought that the comment about WG's support for Ron Paul was totally wrong. While we Paul supporters would have loved to have him, he did stay absolutely and firmly ucommitted for the good of the group.

So, Gilchrist called me a lunatic, eh? Wow. I'm not sure I'm even offended.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I got mail from Gilchrist asking for money and I responded with exactly what he had coming after selling out on Huckster. But it wasn't money.

I have supported more than one candidate since the beginning of this election race.

“While Ron Paul himself is a pretty good guy, his supporters are lunatics,â€

I spoke with the reporter on the phone and he apologized for the error and they have changed the article on their website to remove the part about me supporting Paul.

W

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    I am considering joining the MinuteMan Project . . .
    now that Jim Gilchrist is no longer associated with it.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

William, I'm glad you got things cleared up with Josh Aden. I am also quoted in this article. I'm the founder of the now defunct Gilchrist Angels and the newly formed www.betsyrosspatriots.com.

Just to let you know, Josh is one of the good guys here locally. He's fair, and when he makes a mistake he will own up to it, as you can see in his apology. Having said that, the paper he works for is rotten to the core. The publisher, editors, and writers attempted (and still attempt to) destroy Costa Mesa Mayor Mansoor (he is the first mayor in the country to try to empower deputies in the jail to check immigration status of inmates. The outcome was that ICE volunteered to place an officer in Costa Mesa's jail.) I have had many run-ins with this paper's sister, The Coastline Pilot. They are my hometown paper here in Laguna Beach. Josh also writes for them.

I have had one battle after the other, from being quoted words that never came out of my mouth, to having letters published calling me a "hate-mongering racist", to having MY letters blacklisted, and even having to defend a new mother of triplets when they published her home phone number and home address after she questioned a maid over a missing wallet. They even declared me "Newsmaker of the Year" in 2006, but took away the honor when my answers during the interview did not match the paper's views. (John Zigler, at KFI640 did an entire segment on it.) The editor of Coastline Pilot even jumped into the middle of a family dispute that has caused me to split with my brother, whom I have not spoken to for almost 3 years, thanks to this paper.

Some of the activists in OC finally had enough with these papers and we called for a meeting with the publisher and editor. There were 8 of us who descended on their office and demanded that their bias cease immediately. It was OK for a time, but it's still not perfect.

What I really want to say is, give Josh Aden another chance. In the beginning our relationship with him was rocky, but over the last year he has been fair and he certainly has an open mind on this issue.

If you need any more info on Josh, The Daily Pilot, or the Coastline Pilot please email me or call me (I believe you have my number. We have chatted before.)

Remember: Josh Aden=Good. Daily Pilot and Coastline Pilot = BAD!

Eileen Garcia
    www.betsyrosspatriots.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast