Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minutemen Question

I just heard a news break on KRLA, and they said The Minutemen are running out of TIME & MONEY. 20 chapters have folded in the last year and Jim Gilchrest said " WE HAVE LOST THE BATTLE"?
    Did my ears actually hear this nonsense?
    As long as the Good Lord allows me to WAKE UP...
    THE BATTLE WILL NEVER BE OVER!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Re: Minutemen Question

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    I just heard a news break on KRLA, and they said The Minutemen are running out of TIME & MONEY. 20 chapters have folded in the last year and Jim Gilchrest said " WE HAVE LOST THE BATTLE"?
    Did my ears actually hear this nonsense?
    As long as the Good Lord allows me to WAKE UP...
    THE BATTLE WILL NEVER BE OVER!
    From what i know , and i believe i'm well informed . Do not trust nor listen to Gilchrest . He sold out the Minutemen when he (Gilchrest) hooked up with Mike Huckabee in a effort to give Huckster some credibility on immigration policy. Gil started lying bout everything and even used Hucksters own office for his private fundraiser mailers . He stole huge money from the MM and has a court hearing pending .
    Google Chris Simcox's for the truth . he's the Real MM and knows Gil only to well
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Gilchrist is the one running out of money because he pissed off many of his supporters during the Huckabee madness.

Now he has filed a frivilous lawsuit against several patriots like Chelene of Save Our State and Brook of Immigration Watchdog while threatening to sue hundred more in our movement for defamation.

It is my strongest opinion after reading this latest article that he is trying to take as much of the movement down with him as possible.

We are not in a good position to take action on this latest crazy crap because we have an Amnesty vote looming Wed.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=193340&src=4

Could infighting end Minuteman movement?
    Anti-illegal immigration group struggling as chapters disband, donations slow

One of the most visible groups in the anti-illegal immigration movement could be defunct in seven months, its leader says.
    "We've lost the battle," said Minuteman project founder Jim Gilchrist. "My intuition tells me … this entire movement will fizzle to nothing by the end of the year."
    Gilchrist, a former California accountant, founded the project in October 2004. In two years, the grass-roots border-control group had grown to boast more than 200 chapters across the country.
    Today, Gilchrist says, a host of internal problems are bringing the movement to its knees.
    More than 20 chapters, including the Skokie-based Illinois Minuteman project, have disbanded, leaving fewer than 180 in operation.
    Dozens of chapters are fighting with one another and vying for attention, he said.
    "Donations are way down. Communication is way down … instead of people getting organized and unified, they're attacking each other more than the issues," Gilchrist said. "We're still fighting the fight, but I want to be clear: I'm firing a warning shot."
    Lindenhurst resident Rick Biesada, director of the Chicago Minuteman Project, calls the infighting "disheartening. Everyone wants to be a chief these days. But nobody wants to be an Indian."
    When chapters close, Gilchrist said, more times than not members do not join another chapter -- they leave the movement.
    The hundreds of members of the Illinois Minuteman Project, which shut down after leader Rosanna Pulido went to work for the Washington-based Federation for American Immigration Reform, haven't joined the Chicago project, Biesada said.
    Jack Martin, a project director for FAIR, could not comment on whether his organization has reaped the benefits of the Minuteman chapter's collapse.
    "I don't think that we have any good idea as to whether people who come to us have been members of Minuteman chapters or are members, we don't have that data," he said.
    Still, Martin said, FAIR numbers and operations remain steady.
    Though Biesada says the two remaining local Minuteman chapters, the Chicago Minuteman and the Minuteman Midwest, are staying strong for the time being, "as far as staying together as a national movement, it's up in the air right now."
    That type of conjecture, immigration experts say, is reasonable.
    "For all these reasons and more, plus the current context," said Barry Chiswick, an immigration and economics professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, "the anti-illegal immigration movement could very well collapse."
    Two factors, the presidential election and the economy, have shifted focus away from the issue of illegal immigration, taking the wind out of the Minuteman sails.
    Candidates Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and John McCain all have kept the subject on the back burner, Chiswick said.
    "Hispanics are a key demographic group in this election," he said. "A large number of them are interested in easier immigration. If you come out for stricter enforcement during a campaign, you're only risking making people angry."
    Then there's the economic downturn, says Notre Dame's Institute of Latino Studies Director Allert Brown-Gort.
    "There are other things to talk about that are more pressing," than immigration, Brown-Gort said. "It's taken the wind out of the movement."
    Rising fuel prices make it more difficult for many to attend meetings and protests.
    Biesada, who runs a trucking business, says "normally, if I'd go to a protest or rally, I'd hire someone to work for me. Now I can't afford to do it. The price of diesel fuel is just killing us."
    Economic woes may even blunt the Minuteman Project's reason for being.
    The construction industry, traditionally a draw for Hispanic immigrants, according to nonpartisan Pew Research Center, is at a near standstill.
    "If you're not likely to find a job, I think we're going to see a serious downturn in the number of people coming across the border. It's a response to the market," Brown-Gort said.
    Fewer job opportunities and the falling value of the dollar "means that coming to the United States is less attractive than it has been," Chiswick said. "Even if you find a job, that job is less valuable."
    With a combination of the economic downturn, the lack of national attention and a slowing of illegal immigrant traffic, McHenry County Latino Coalition director Carlos Acosta said he believes it's getting harder and harder for anti-immigration groups to connect with the general population.
    "Their message has become a little stale," Acosta said. "Because the economy has gone down, everybody's out of work. It's harder to blame an immigrant for losing a job."
    Still, Acosta said, if the Minuteman movement were to dwindle, in some ways it could hurt immigration advocacy groups.
    Local Minuteman protests have created a few unexpected alliances, Acosta said.
    "We have been able to reach out to other groups locally that have not been traditionally involved -- a much better relationship with the McHenry County Peace group -- they had not historically been involved in immigration matters."
    "The Minuteman movement, in some ways, really strengthened immigrant advocacy groups," Acosta said. "It forced us to find ways to really explain to the general population what are the benefits of comprehensive immigration reform."
    W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From what i know , and i believe i'm well informed . Do not trust nor listen to Gilchrest . He sold out the Minutemen when he (Gilchrest) hooked up with Mike Huckabee in a effort to give Huckster some credibility on immigration policy. Gil started lying bout everything and even used Hucksters own office for his private fundraiser mailers . He stole huge money from the MM and has a court hearing pending .
    This was the first anti-illegal org I joined, a few years back. In the beginning, I think it was a good organization. I began receiving email alerts from Gilchrist saying people, he named them all, within the organization were trying to take it over, and out of Gilcrist's control. I also received email alerts, from those being accused, telling me to disregard what Gilcrist was saying. It was very troubling, and difficult to determine who was telling the truth, and who was lying. I ended my membership with the Minutemen at that point. This was before Gilchrist endorsed Huckabee, so of course, when I saw that, I knew for sure Gilchrist had a real problem.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Their message has become a little stale," Acosta said. "Because the economy has gone down, everybody's out of work. It's harder to blame an immigrant for losing a job."
    Oh, contrare......where these people get their logic is beyond me !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    Their message has become a little stale," Acosta said. "Because the economy has gone down, everybody's out of work. It's harder to blame an immigrant for losing a job."
    Oh, contrare......where these people get their logic is beyond me !
    My i be so Bold as to say "Logic ?" . Hell their just plain "Lying". course we all know that . Thats why where here . Logic is out the window with Globalists and promises of tons of money
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

There are a lot of individual minutemen groups that are not affiliated with the national minuteman groups. And they are in every state in this country. Other groups that were under Minuteman CDC and Minuteman Project have pulled out and formed their own chapters because they are disgusted with the egos, politics and finances of the Gilchrist and Simcox organizations.
    The national organizations might go under but there are thousands upon thousands of American patriots out there that will take charge of their own groups. For those of you that are not aware of it, a lot of groups are starting to loosely unite with other anti illegal immigration organizations in their states. They are starting to co-ordinate with each other so they can become more effective in the fight against the open borders fanatics. My state has such an umbrella organization and we are starting to work together.
    I am amazed at the energy and patriotism that some of these people have in South Carolina. I know 4 or 5 that spend more time in the SC Statehouse that our elected politicians do. They also know more about the illegal immigration legislation currently being discussed than out local politicians do.
    The groups in my state are becoming very effective by working like this, they got me to file legal papers with the SC Human Affairs Commission to bring legal charges against 26 SC State Senators for voting against SC Bill H-3032. The legal papers should be on all 26 Senators desks by Tuesday morning. In my state there is a law that says you can not discriminate in the workplace because of national origin. And because these 26 Senators are going to vote against the best interest of South Carolina citizens I will see them in court for their refusal.
    So, the national chapters may go under but that is not going to stop the patriots in this country. They are very smart, very hardworking and will keep on keeping on. Quite a few of them in SC are working very closely with Buddy Witherspoon's campaign to unseat Lindsey Graham and they travel all over this state to accomplish this with no help from the national organizations.

I will see them in court for their refusal.
    Good Luck to you ! Keep us posted on your progress.