Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mom Upset Over Son's Assignment to Recite Pledge in Spanish

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/03/pa ... test=faces

Mom Upset Over Son's Assignment to Recite Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish
    Published November 04, 2010
    FoxNews.com

Melissa Taggart says she was delighted that her son was learning a foreign language in the eighth grade -- until she learned he was expected to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.

And that he'd receive a zero if he didn't.

Taggart, of Edmond, Okla., said the Pledge should be recited in English -- and English only.

“English is our language…and I just feel it’s wrong that he would have to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America in Spanish. It’s just wrong,â€

Banned
    I just hope its not to late

Unless we can reverse course we will be totally hispanic in less
    than 100 years

You all know it

Parent angry student learning Pledge in Spanish

Russell Carter Reporting KFOR

6:50 PM CDT, October 28, 2010

EDMOND, OK -- Melissa Taggart is now taking her fight to Edmond Public Schools after her son was threatened with a zero because he wouldn't complete in assignment at Sequoyah Middle School that would require him to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish. "My husband and I are appalled by it. We don't believe in it and I do not want to my child doing it," said Taggart.

According to Melissa, she enjoys the Spanish language and is excited that her son is learning the language in a Spanish class, but the Pledge, in her opinion, should be off limits.

"I just feel that it's wrong, that he'll have to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America in Spanish. That's not how it should be taught. That has nothing to do with the Spanish language," she said.

Officials with Edmond Public Schools declined to give us an on-camera interview, but said that Melissa's son was going to receive a zero for the project.

However, after thinking about for it few hours, officials with the district changed their minds and are now offering the student another assignment.

"There are poems, lyrics, and great writes that she could have chosen that emphasize the Spanish culture and to teach our children, why the Pledge of Allegiance," said Taggart.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-new ... eedfetcher

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    approved by the Progressives and El Commandante Hussain

Welcome to Mehico Del Nord... and Viva La Resistance
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

eh i don't have a problem with this , i mean it IS spanish class .... and not only that sounds like they've been doingt this for several years ...and on top of THAT , the school even notified the parents at the start of the year about the course itnieary ....

the school should have held their gound .. instead they bellied under to poltical pressure , i have ZERO respect for the principal and teachers of that school ..

Marquis I think Americans are getting very sensitive to the seemingly encroachments,in small increments by hispanics culture,to our country and our language.

Today I noticed red & green ballons flying with a 4 x 6 Mexican flag in between them flying over the entrance of our local mall. I was upset and would have felt ok IF the American flag was above with the Mexican flag.

It seems like a small thing but because of Mexico & its citizens not respecting our laws,refusing to learn english,demanding we accomadate them It feels like they are attempting to take over our country little by little.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

oh i WHOLE heartedly agree with you US patriot , and it bothers me DEEPLY as well ...

but as far as this school issue goes , it IS spanish class ... i'd much rather see the issue that you just mentioned blown up in the media than this topic that we're discussing now ..

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    oh i WHOLE heartedly agree with you US patriot , and it bothers me DEEPLY as well ...

but as far as this school issue goes , it IS spanish class ... i'd much rather see the issue that you just mentioned blown up in the media than this topic that we're discussing now ..
    I guess maybe I did not make my point very well. There are a lot of phrases that could be used in Spanish class without using OUR Pledge of Allegence. Just seems insensitive to me same as the Mexican flag .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

It would benefit her son to learn to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish so he would have an easier transition when he learns to recite the North American Union Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish and French or the United Nations Pledge of Allegiance in what ever language the One World Government decides.

You know what? I took 2 years of French in High School and 13 hours of French in college and not once was I asked by anyone to translate the American Pledge of Allegiance, or the Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution or God Bless America or the Battle Hymn of the Republic or any other political document, phrase, statement, poem or song of our country in a foreign language.

I believe that was the appropriate teaching and the teaching today especially when it involves anything Spanish is derelict, pointless, irresponsible and very very troubling.

Americans students houldn't have to choose EVER between what they think is appropriate respect for our country and a school assignment. Not once, not ever. Now, I don't know who is drawing up these assignments, but the school boards need to get involved, get on top of the situation and stop this disruptive madness in our school system over SPANISH language, SPANISH students, SPANISH culture or any other foreign language, foreign students or foreign culture.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast