Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More Elvira and Ellison Propaganda!

http://www.swnewsherald.com/online_cont ... igrant.php

Posting Date: January 2, 2007

Immigrant Mother’s Plight Deserves Sympathy
    By RAY HANANIA

Last August, Elivira Arellano, 31, asked for and received “sanctuary”from Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago in an effort to prevent the INS from deporting her.

Arellano is a so-called “illegal” alien who entered this country without government approval. She was caught and deported once before, but she returned from her homeland, Mexico and re-entered the United States settling in Chicago.

One compelling reason is that she has a now eight-year-old son, Saul, who was born in this country and therefore has American citizenship. But under U.S. law, Americans cannot petition to have their parents obtain citizenship until the children reach the age of 21.

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, there are more than 2 million families in the United States who have members that have “mixed status,” a polite term for being “undocumented” or “illegal” aliens. These families have nearly 4 million children, most U.S.-born and citizens.

It is a difficult situation.

On one hand, many Americans are clamoring to close the immigration doors that were once opened to allow their own parents and grandparents to enter this country.

A part of the opposition from “mainstream” Americans is racism. When the parents and grandparents and even great grandparents of these “Americans” entered the country, most came from Europe. They were mostly “White,” or “Caucasian.” They were also mostly Christian, the dominant religion of this country.

These days, the majority of immigrants seeking citizenship in this country are from Third World countries. Most of them are of color and many are not even Christian.

And that is driving the growing opposition to increased immigration to this country. “Whites” and “mainstream” Americans believe that the door should be closed and only opened in select cases.

In fact, recent surveys show that most Americans do not support Arellano’s case and want her deported, even though her son is an American citizen.

Apparently, being an “American” is no longer enough. You have to be the “right kind of American” to enjoy the freedoms this country claims are waiting for the “tired -- poor -- huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

The phrase is “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” It was written in 1883 by a Jewish immigrant and author, Emma Lazarus, included in her poem “The New Colossus.” It so symbolized what this nation stands for it was eventually engraved on the plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty that welcomed all of the immigrant parents of nearly everyone who claims to be an American today.

But the spirit that was once America has changed, in part because of the rising international crisis, the threat of terrorism and the false impression in this country that associates crime with race and minorities.

Yes, many White Americans think Blacks, Hispanics and “other” minorities are responsible for the crimes we experience in this country. It’s not true, but it makes them feel comfortable to believe that lie.

Economic hardships drive much of the crime and one-day this country might find a way to address the economic divide that has created such a large and poor class of people, many minorities who, because of race and lack of education are often deprived of work.

To me, the battle being waged by Arellano is a battle to restore the spirit that is America. It’s not a White America. It’s not a European America. It is America. It is exactly about opening our doors and embracing the waves of foreigners who wish to enter this country and using our often-praised high levels of American education to find solutions to help assimilate those new immigrants.

Instead, what we see evolving is a new form of accepted racism. A vicious demagoguery that says that if you are “like me,” -- meaning that you fit the typical profile defined by White European Americans -- then you are welcome.

Nothing symbolizes this vicious, diseased mentality more than the recent battle and hateful attacks against Keith Ellison. Ellison is an American who was elected to represent a congressional district in Minnesota. He is African American, but he is also Muslim and he said he hoped to swear his oath of office using a copy of the Quran, the bible used my Muslims who follow the Islamic religion.

Although no Bible of any sort is required for congressmen to swear an oath -- it is done enmasse, but congressmen can hold a bible or any book they wish during the oath-taking ceremony -- several racists and bigots have attacked Ellison claiming that he symbolizes the new threat facing America.

Among those bigots are radio talk show host Dennis Prager. CNN talk show hater Glenn Beck. And, Ellison’s fellow congressman from Virginia, Virgil Goode. Goode has called for America to adopt new laws to prevent Muslims from entering the country, warning that if this is not done, the Muslims will take over.

There are many challenges facing the assimilation of new immigrants, such as language. But there are ways to help them overcome those challenges. That’s what we should focus on.

Being American is about being proud because we stand for principle, justice, freedom and morality.

Opposing people because of their religion, their national origin or their inability to speak English is exactly what being American is not about.

If Goode, Prager, Beck and other racists in this country succeed in closing the doors of freedom, then we might as well take down the Statue of Liberty and instead erect a Wall. Or maybe a Barbed-wire fence. Maybe soldiers standing in watch towers pointing their guns at the people below.

That would be a more accurate symbol for the racist fear of immigration that built this country.

It’s worked. We don’t need to change it.

Give Arellano her citizenship, Allow her to stay in this country.

And when Ellison takes the oath of office, because he is an American, we should applaud him regardless of whether he carries a copy of the Muslim bible, the Quran.

Authors email: rayhanania@aol.com

My email to him:
    Dear Mr. Hanania,

I am writing to express my strong disagreement with your article on Elvira Arellano:

This woman in no way deserves anything short of deportation. She is a perfect example of how illegal aliens have absolultely no respect for US laws. She entered our country illegally twice, used fraudulent documents for employment and now is blatantly disobeying deportation orders. Is that supposed to be "what America is about?" What about the people from other countries that are waiting in line and following the proper legal channels? Is this woman allowed to skip in front of them?

And how long has she been here? At least 9 years because of the age of her son. And she still has not learned English? How are Americans supposed to have compassion for someone who has no respect for our country or our language? So what if she had a child? She is free to take him back to her homeland where she can raise him to speak Spanish and stay true to the country she really loves - Mexico.

Also, your comparision to immigration from Europe at the beginning of last century can in no way compare to the millions upon millions of people entering this country illegally. We are looking at 20-30 MILLION illegal aliens. Our country is not obligated to adopt every poor person from around the globe and we don't have the resources for it either. We have immigration regulations for a reason, so that our resources don't get drained and so new immigrants can be absorbed and assilmilate properly.

And I would much prefer someone coming here that cares about our laws, language and customs than some ignorant and defiant felon holed up in a church.

A very disappointed,
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Authors email: rayhanania@aol.com

My email to him:
    Dear Mr. Hanania,

I am writing to express my strong disagreement with your article on Elvira Arellano:

This woman in no way deserves anything short of deportation. She is a perfect example of how illegal aliens have absolultely no respect for US laws. She entered our country illegally twice, used fraudulent documents for employment and now is blatantly disobeying deportation orders. Is that supposed to be "what America is about?" What about the people from other countries that are waiting in line and following the proper legal channels? Is this woman allowed to skip in front of them?

And how long has she been here? At least 9 years because of the age of her son. And she still has not learned English? How are Americans supposed to have compassion for someone who has no respect for our country or our language? So what if she had a child? She is free to take him back to her homeland where she can raise him to speak Spanish and stay true to the country she really loves - Mexico.

Also, your comparision to immigration from Europe at the beginning of last century can in no way compare to the millions upon millions of people entering this country illegally. We are looking at 20-30 MILLION illegal aliens. Our country is not obligated to adopt every poor person from around the globe and we don't have the resources for it either. We have immigration regulations for a reason, so that our resources don't get drained and so new immigrants can be absorbed and assilmilate properly.

And I would much prefer someone coming here that cares about our laws, language and customs than some ignorant and defiant felon holed up in a church.

A very disappointed,

Excellent letter TexasCowgirl!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Can't immigration do their job and send her to PRISON and then back to mexico!
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

COWGIRL, i added to your letter and sent it along. it reads like this

Dear Mr. Hanania,

Apparently you have a problem telling the difference between those who came here LEGALLY and those who cross the borders ILLEGALLY.. You see, Legals are not breaking the laws of the UNITED STATES. Those who come across illegally are breaking the law. They cross in areas where there are no Ports of Entry or Border patrol checkpoints. This is a violation of the US law.

The fact that the young lady you protray in the Chicago has commited crimes. That is four crimes in itself. 2 for crossing the borders, one for frauduently obtaining and being in possession of forged documents and the 4th is stealing the identity of someone else. ( If I as an American citizen would have stolen someones identity I would be in jail as would any americans). She knew she would be caught sooner or later, but she fails to understand that the US government DOES NOT recognize anything sanctuary. I have no sympathy for this woman or this kid.

The fact that she allows her child to travel to Mexico, Washington DC, and Miami is proof enouigh to me that she is using the child as a pawn in the illegal immigration movement. While he might be a US citizen since he was born here, he is also a citizen of Mexico and therefore can go back home to Mexico with his illegal momma. The sooner she is deported, the better off the US will be. It might deter others from coming here ILLEGALLY and breaking our laws.

Maybe you need to read the reports that came out last month that illegals in this country kill 12 Americans a day is something you need to read. The article also says another 13 on average are killed every day by drunk driving ILLEGALS. How about you tell the widow and 5 children of the Houston police officer killed in September by an illegal Mexican who had been deported TWO TIMES. OR the widow of the Denver police officer who was killed when working sexurity at an invitation only party when he denied entry to an illegeal who came back a few minutes later and killed the officer, then like the chickenshit he is, he ra nback to mexico to hide, though the Mexican police arrested him.

Maybe this does not bother to you because you dont know anyone who has been killed, but when you see the internet pages that show pictures of those killed by illegals and see they are regular american citizens then you SHOULD BE SICK and you SHOULD BE MAD AS HELL. I know I am.

Maybe you should research the polls that say most americans do not have a problem with immigration as long as its legal. Maybe you need to read the polls that say anywhere from 76-84 percent of AMERICANS are opposed to ILLEGAL immigration and the same amount are against amnesty, guest worker or paying any back taxes with a path to citienship.

Maybe you need to understand the facts of the money being spent or the hospitals being closed because of having to give free health care to illegals. in the two county that makes up the Dallas-Fort Worth Texas area, a report issued 4 months ago the hospital districts said that 77 percent of the babies born were to those who had illegal parents. Costing the taxpayers of those two counties some 15 MILLION DOLLARS.
    Houston, Texas, with twocounty hospitals reported 84 percent of babies being born are to illegals. the cost? 20MILLION DOLLARS to the taxpayer of that county.

How about the close to 100 hospitals that have closed in southern California because of so much free health care because illegals cant pay? Howabout the hospital in Bisbee, Arizona, that had to close for the same reason. And now, the closest hospital is 75 miles away down a two lane highway. Is that fair?? I dont think so.

A very disappointed,

Thanks Crusader and Nice job James.

I got a pretty wimpy reply from him:

Sent : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:04 PM
    To : XXXX@hotmail.com
    Subject : Re: "Immigrant Mother" article

Thanks for sharing your views ... I disagree, of course, but I respect differences of opinion ... I think that more than where we come from makes this country great

Ray Hanania

To which I replied:

Sent : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:26 PM
    To : RayHanania@aol.com
    Subject : Re: "Immigrant Mother" article

Thanks for the reply, but I think I mentioned several other key points other than where she came from. If she was from Cuba, Poland or Greece I would feel the same way. What about her outright defiance of our laws? What kind of example does this set for future immigrants?

I'm still waiting to hear back from him......
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]