Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

But the crackdown’s critics say it has mainly succeeded in spreading fear among the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the country without solving the underlying problem.
    Good article and good news, BUT AGAIN with the 12 million!!!

If and when the media begin using the more accurate numbers of 30 to 40 million, we will know we are getting somewhere.

After reading this twice something occurred to me which nobody has commented upon, as of yet.

This article and many others state repeatedly that illegals report growing anti-immigrant sentiments. What struck me as odd is, how would they know? The majority don't speak English and self-segregate into Hispanic areas. How are they learning about this?

The most likely source of news for these people are Hispanic TV and newspapers. If this is the case, wouldn't it be THOSE sources that are conditioning them to feel that way more than any experience they have personally had?

And what of personal experiences? Besides getting jacked, which happens often enough (sad as it is), they don't speak English, so how could they know how ANYONE here felt about them?

In conclusion, it bothers me that a case for anti-immigrant sentiment is being made based on such flimsy evidence most likely perpetrated by the Spanish language media.

The departures are evidence that the Bush administration’s decision to tighten the screws on enforcement is paying off, say proponents of stricter immigration laws.
    The Bush administration HAD NOTHING to do with the enforcement. IT SHOULD BE CREDITED TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES who have passed many laws to keep illegal immigrants from getting licenses, jobs, benefits, and other measures to make it harder for illegal immigrants to remain in the country. Local and state police and their cooperation working with ICE should receive alot of credit too. BUT NOT BUSH.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just goes to show ya, Tom Tancredo was right. Miami is so bad that it's even bad for illegal immigrants.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Squire
    After reading this twice something occurred to me which nobody has commented upon, as of yet.

This article and many others state repeatedly that illegals report growing anti-immigrant sentiments. What struck me as odd is, how would they know? The majority don't speak English and self-segregate into Hispanic areas. How are they learning about this?

The most likely source of news for these people are Hispanic TV and newspapers. If this is the case, wouldn't it be THOSE sources that are conditioning them to feel that way more than any experience they have personally had?

And what of personal experiences? Besides getting jacked, which happens often enough (sad as it is), they don't speak English, so how could they know how ANYONE here felt about them?

In conclusion, it bothers me that a case for anti-immigrant sentiment is being made based on such flimsy evidence most likely perpetrated by the Spanish language media.
    The OBL's like to keep making the illegals look like the victims. It's the only arguement they have, but that one is getting weaker all the time.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: More immigrants choose to leave U.S., go home

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Tired of making little money, feeling lonely and fearing arrest, more Latin American immigrants are voluntarily returning home.
    We're tired of the murders, robberies and rapes, so believe me, the "tired feeling" is quite mutual.

Why does EVERY article center on how bad it is for illegals but NEVER how bad it is for their victims? Does "Big Brother" write every word that goes into the press? Did our taxes somehow go to build the Ministry of Truth?

Enough is enough!

As long as the economy is something that they can take advantage of and put Americans out of a job and drive down wages that's ok. But when the economy slows down, all of a sudden they are being made feel unwelcome and they are leaving. BOOO HOOO!!

When these people were marching in our streets by the hundreds of thousands, waving their foreign flags and demanding this and demanding that, they thought they had the momentum to take over this country because of the traitors within our own gubmint who were on the wrong side of the issue. It hasn't gone quite like they obviously had invisioned. It seems maybe they awakened the sleeping giant. Incumbent politicians on every level of gubmint need to be sent that same message in November.

The illegals can just walk away if the going gets tough and leave the mess of an economy behind for the Americans. If there are jobs, let's give them to illegal aliens, but if the economy gets tough, let's give the remaining jobs to illegal aliens. After all, it's all about the illegal alien. Jorge Boosh loves him some illegal alien. The American people be damned. What was it the traitor reportedly said about the constitution?? Just a G____D_____ piece of paper? The most destructive President for this country in my memory and that includes Johnson and Carter. I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Now, let's all go make some more illegal aliens feel unwelcome. And some politicians too.

Good riddance and take the pandering politicians and MSM with you.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But the crackdown’s critics say it has mainly succeeded in spreading fear among the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the country without solving the underlying problem.
    Maybe we should repeal every single law in this country and have total chaos. Would that make them happy?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    they did nothing for the country but use her for their own selfish reasons.
    But there is no way they paid their fair share of taxes . A virus of America the Illegal . Bye , don't come back
    AMEN TO THAT. THEY ARE A PART OF THE REASON THAT THE U.S. ECONOMY IS IN THE TOILET. AND WHEN THE GOING STARTED GETTING TOUGH (ie) NO WORK OR NOT ENOUGH WAGES THEY DIPPED. NOW THEY SEE HOW WE THE PEOPLE FEEL. I WISH THAT THEY WOULD TAKE A LOT MORE WITH THEM. BY THE WAY IF THE WAGES WERE SO BAD, HOW WERE THEY ABLE TO OPEN THEIR OWN BUSINESS WHEN THEY RETURNED HOME?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast