Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Most Fervent American Patriots

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/usnews/060721a.aspx

OATH OF CITIZENSHIP
    The Most Fervent American Patriots
    By Mark Martin
    CBN News

CBN.com – (CBN News) - People from all over the world are desperate for a new way of life, so they travel to America. One path to citizenship involves military service.

Thousands of immigrants are willing to risk their lives to defend freedoms they hope to one day attain.

High atop a monstrous piece of machinery, you'll find Leonardo Treggi. The 26-year-old sailor maneuvers a crane on the flight deck of the U.S.S. Kearsarge.

He says that the flight deck is pretty much his home.

Leonardo has been on the Kearsarge for more than two years, enduring less than luxurious quarters.

He's traveled all over the world, facing the dangers of military life, including an attack from terrorists in Jordan.

"We just hear the noise, and boom, the noise,” Leonardo recalled, “and all these people started running around. You feel scared.”

But for this Brazilian man, the hardship is definitely worth it, no question. Leonardo Treggi is about to take the Oath of Allegiance. He's about to become an American.

He said, “It feels great. It's like when you have a dream that comes true…I wanted to be in the military service, in the U.S. Navy; I wanted to be an American citizen, so I was doing my part.”

Leonardo is one of thousands to take a path to citizenship through the military. Since September 11, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has naturalized nearly 25,000 military service members.

Of the 2.4 million members of our armed forces, more than 40,000 are citizens of other countries.

In this ceremony today, nearly 150 immigrant soldiers from 50 nations will take the citizenship oath. Leonardo Treggi is among them.

“I'm very proud,” he said. “I'm very happy for everything that is going on right now in my life.”

“We're working overtime to make sure every one of these brave men and women are honored with the greatest title that are nation can bestow: American citizenship,” said Emilio Gonzalez, director of the USCIS (the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).

The U.S. government has made it easier for legal immigrant soldiers to become American citizens. The law now requires someone in the military to serve only one year of active duty to qualify for citizenship.

The requirement used to be three years.

In addition, because we're fighting the War on Terror, President Bush signed the Expedited Naturalization Executive Order in July of 2002.

It allows immigrant soldiers to immediately apply for citizenship. What used to take years, now can take just months.

The chief of the Office of Citizenship, Alfonso Aguilar, says it makes sense.

“I think it's an important law that shows the commitment of the nation to immigrant soldiers,” said Aguilar. “They're defending freedoms that we hold sacred that, unfortunately, many people take for granted. So I think that we should facilitate the naturalization process for them.”

These new Americans are grateful.

“I think that's the best thing to do, because we are the first line of defense. We sacrifice a lot for our country, so I was very happy when that happened for us that we were able to do it so quickly,” said New American Tashell Wright.

“Something that most people would wait about 5 to 4 years for, I got it in less than a year,” said another new American, Carl Martin. He said he can’t complain.

And Fabrice Evengue, who also took her oath of citizenship today, said, “Less than 10 months, less than 10 months—so it's really, really wonderful for me.”

Aguilar says that only immigrants who are legal, permanent residents are eligible to serve in the military.

At this time, illegal or undocumented immigrants are not allowed to join the armed forces to speed up the citizenship process.

“So there's no policy here to allow undocumented immigrants to join the military,” Aguilar said. “They would have to adjust their status and become legal.”

A female immigrant soldier sang, "I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free."

These legal immigrant soldiers followed the path to citizenship through the military. They were willing to risk their lives for freedoms and rights they did not even have, and that sacrifice has paid off.

CBN News: You are now an American. What is that like?

Fabrice: It's really beautiful.

CBN News: What does America mean to you?

Leonardo: America means to me... Home.

Leonardo Treggi wants to be an officer in the Navy. American citizenship enables him to pursue that dream.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has granted posthumous citizenship to 75 service members during the War on Terror.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
    Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
    Are you facing a difficult situation?
    Find your way to peace with God
    Send us your prayer request online
    Call The 700 Club Prayer Counseling Center at 1 (800) 759-0700, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.
    CBN News Home

World

U.S.

Politics

Health & Science

Commentary

Daily Life on CBN.com

CBN News Staff

Contact CBN News

CBN Newswatch

Christian World News

Special Sections
    Inside Israel

Inside the Supreme Court

Rebuilding Iraq

The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. © 2006
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These new Americans are grateful.
    And they are the most fervent?

A female immigrant soldier sang, "I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free."
    Not sure what to make of this kind of journalism. Could it be that soldiers are more valuable than women, children and non-soldiers? If so then should be become a world army in order to qualify? Could it also be that immigrant soldiers are more worthy than citizen soldiers? Because after all, it's not THEIR country they fight for but wait...it is their country-to-be isn't it? Somehow, an old slang term, 'schlock' comes to mind.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

They try to use this argument to push their illegal agenda also. Note all these people are LEGAL. Someone should have asked the Joint Chief of Staff after his sobbing immigrant story, "How many illegal immigrants are in the military?' Wouldn't you have loved to hear the answer??

MW
    “We're working overtime to make sure every one of these brave men and women are honored with the greatest title that are nation can bestow: American citizenship,” said Emilio Gonzalez, director of the USCIS (the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).
    The chief of the Office of Citizenship, Alfonso Aguilar, says it makes sense.
    Okay, the United States Attorney General's name is Gonzales, the director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is named Gonzalez, and the chief of the Office of Citizenship is named Aguilar. Isn't the guy in charge of the U.S. Border Patrol named Aguilar too? Not to sound racist, but exactly how many hispanics do we have running the Bush show? Can anyone name some more? I never really thought about this until tonight, but I'm wondering if these appointments were a long range plans to make Bush's hopes of an open border a reality. Man, wouldn't it be something to find out there was a long range plan being worked years ago? That would explain why there has been virtually no interior enforcement of our immigration laws and why the borders have been wide open for years. Makes me wonder............

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Man, wouldn't it be something to find out there was a long range plan being worked years ago? That would explain why there has been virtually no interior enforcement of our immigration laws and why the borders have been wide open for years. Makes me wonder............
    I really don't think Bush won the 2000 election..the fraud that took place was also part of the long range plan..IMO. If that's the case, we no longer have a viable democratic platform in this country. It will be on the way to a new world order or some kind of dictatorship (no difference).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really don't think Bush won the 2000 election..the fraud that took place was also part of the long range plan..IMO
    I completely agree Rockfish.

Thanks, but it is really too bad alot of people are in denial about this. If Al Gore had a better image at the time of the election, his claims to the presidency might have been taken more seriously. I didn't really like Gore all that much, but I tried to warn everyone I knew about the Bush Travisty (the Bush family is not deserving of the word Dynasty).

When President Carter told the head of the CIA that he wanted all of the information about what took place in Roswell in 1947, the head of the CIA said NO to him. That decline, which is insubordination, was made by George Sr.

MW
    Okay, the United States Attorney General's name is Gonzales, the director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is named Gonzalez, and the chief of the Office of Citizenship is named Aguilar. Isn't the guy in charge of the U.S. Border Patrol named Aguilar too? Not to sound racist, but exactly how many hispanics do we have running the Bush show? Can anyone name some more? I never really thought about this until tonight, but I'm wondering if these appointments were a long range plans to make Bush's hopes of an open border a reality. Man, wouldn't it be something to find out there was a long range plan being worked years ago? That would explain why there has been virtually no interior enforcement of our immigration laws and why the borders have been wide open for years. Makes me wonder............
    Hmmm, no responses. Guess my question is not considered politically correct. I'm getting darn tired of being politically correct and being forced to side steps question out of fear of being labeled a racist.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW,

Patience!

Hmmm, no responses. Guess my question is not considered politically correct. I'm getting darn tired of being politically correct and being forced to side steps question out of fear of being labeled a racist.
    Not everyone's here right now. Your post was the middle of the night and it's Saturday AM.

Man, wouldn't it be something to find out there was a long range plan being worked years ago? That would explain why there has been virtually no interior enforcement of our immigration laws and why the borders have been wide open for years. Makes me wonder............
    Yes, there have been plans in the works, by both Parties. They're both guilty...neither is better than the other on this issue. These plans go back multiple presidencies, again, both parties.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=33954

This is a 3 part series, which, IMO, should answer your questions. There's so much info here on ALIPAC, that it's easy to miss some threads.

Here's another:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 410#172410

May I suggest searching ALIPAC, Home page, upper right, Google, re whatever really interests you...for example, SPP, Frosty Wooldridge, Globalism, etc.

Good luck in your search! Hope this answers your question!

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!