Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MX: Bishops call to renegotiate NAFTA

Form La Raza – Chicago (via Google translate)

http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en& ... %26pag%3D0

--------------------------
    Bishops call to renegotiate NAFTA

Members of the farm organization The Barzón during a protest on January 10 on the outskirts of the Supreme Court of Justice in Mexico City.

Mexico. - A group of Mexican bishops yesterday called on the Government of the country to analyze "the possibility legal and economic convenience" to renegotiate the agricultural chapter of NAFTA with the United States Canada and peasants to defend the country and stop emigration.

"There are legal, economic and moral to renegotiate this chapter, which is a priority for the government and for legislators," the bishops to submit detailed in a press conference.

According to the bishops, the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement of North America (NAFTA) would "more decisively to protect the interests of poor peasants and indigenous people, who are the majority."

The paper, entitled "Jesus Christ, and life expectancy of indigenous people and peasants," was prepared by the Episcopal Commission for the Pastoral Social-Caritas, comprising representatives of Monterrey, Chalco, La Paz, Nezahualcoyotl, Mexico, Guadalajara , Tuxpan, San Cristobal de las Casas and Tijuana.

Catholic leaders are concerned by the common external tariff of NAFTA, completed on 1 January with the full liberalization of trade in maize, beans, sugar and milk.

They condemn the "huge subsidies" granted by the USA Canada and its farmers and warned that Mexican farmers "will be at a disadvantage unless Implemented measures to regulate and compensate the asymmetries of our economies. "

At Executive Mexican headed Felipe Calderon ask "create development tools that help peasants and indigenous" to go beyond the negative effects of NAFTA.

"It is urgent and imperative to devote more resources to the countryside and take care of your application straight" to reach small producers, not just those with more resources.

Religious predict that, without changes, more Mexicans migrate "to cities that are not prepared to receive them" and will try to "reach USA, which at this point has a very strong and inhumane anti-immigrant".

Also foresee an increase in rural tempted to engage in illicit crops, "open door to insecurity and violence" in Mexico.

In the document, the bishops also shows critical of the growing demand for "bio-fuels derived from grains, such as ethanol, in the developed countries.
    "This is putting at risk the primary objectives of agricultural production, with serious implications for food and food sovereignty of the country," indicates.

Finally express their fear of entering Mexico genetically modified seeds because of the risks that these pose to the health, biodiversity and Peasant economy, as it lost native varieties of commodities such as corn.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    No need to Negotiate this fricken mess.... Lets just end it!!!

"No matter how much lipstick you put on this pig... it's still a pig.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They don't want it, we don't want it, hmmmm sounds like a cord has been STRUCK

But who's running the Mexican Government? The Bishops? Maybe they should get some back to the basics Bible reading done!!! One of the commandments is "though shalt not steal"!!!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

I heard something before this article that the peasants are ready for an armed uprising in the rural areas of Mexico. They can’t pay the imported (from USA) price for corn. (No Tortillas!)

We actually found something we agree with the people of Mexico on.
    (note: These are the ones who do not want to come here.)
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Your father's big red truck is nice safari.

Nafta is a disaster for both sides of the border, as far as the people are concerned. Businesses and Corporations love it.

Matthew 18:20
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks GeorgiaPeach

He goes from the Upper Central Plains States to CA and returns about every 10 days HAULING the wonderful perishables we eat.

I come from a family of truckers and they are all up in arms over NAFTA and the results of it.

He has to be very careful of hiring "lumpers" when for the loads in CA. He asks for documentation when the companies do not have a list of accepted workers. They have liability issues to worry about as well as the illegal alien problem. Since there has been a "crack-down" by the State to some degree on this issue, things have changed somewhat.

Interesting he has to "log" total data information if he pays out for lumper service JUST IN CASE HE GETS AN AUDIT. He still pushes for those SS letters to be sent out and for some communication between DHS and SS offices to weed out the criminals!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!