Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.J.: Undocumented community worried by false rumors of immi

This happened in Texas too recently.
    ~~~

Undocumented community worried by false rumors of immigration raids
    By Meir Rinde
    March 15, 2010, 7:43PM

A local Latino civil rights organization is dismissing rumors spreading through the immigrant community of arrests at a Trenton supermarket and at Walmart stores as a “cruel, inhumane hoax.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    [quote]“Children may not go to school or keep doctor’s appointments. Mothers don’t go out food shopping for sheer fear of being arrested,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sounds to me like they need to go home to their land of citizenship. After all, that is their Most Wise Option.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

THEY are the ones spreading the rumors! They have "telephone trees" they use to spread the word... so in my opinion they have NO ONE to blame but themselves.

There are rumors in our area as well about the WalMart. Very curious eh? Here is a link to several posts about the issue. Something to do with the Chicago march this Sunday?

MAYAN CALENDAR NEWS: CASIODORO REYNA RESPONDS TO - ????RUMOR OR FACT??? LA MIGRA

MY COMMENTS FOLLOW - CARLOS

CASIODORO REYNA WRITES:

"Carlos,

Reading some of this material makes me suspect that all this is nothing more than some kind of DISINFORMATION to distract and strike fear into the heart of the Mexican immigrant community here in Chicago.

The key questions to ask here are: Who started this "rumor"? It's very possible that someone with access to many text/cell phone numbers (say, someone who was working in a political campaign, etc.) who is hell-bent on creating FEAR and CHAOS amongst the Mexican immigrant population. Where did this rumor originate from? Someone had to start this "chain" of texts and emails...

The whole thing STINKS of some kind of maniuplation, therefore DISINFORMATION. What is "disinformation"? False information the purpose of which is to mislead, confuse, and misdirect. That is, indeed, what this "report/warning" has done.

Yes, Wal-Mart and ICE HAVE TO clarify their positions. If this is indeed happening, it is a COMPLETE abomination of civil and human rights! That can NOT be tolerated!

But, if there is NO clarification from either institution, then I propose HUELGA! A boycott! Spread the news that all Mexicans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Nicaraguans, Puertorricans, and any other hispanic group that might even LOOK Mexican should NOT shop or in any way patronized Wal-Mart.

Go to Target, Walgreens, KMart, Family Dollar, etc. Whereever, just don't spend your dollars at Wal-Mart.

HOWEVER, again, I believe that this whole "story" was concocted by someone: Either a Right-wing racist (minutemen anti-immigrant type) OR (more pathetically) some desperate fools within the very "immigrant right's movement" who wants to sow discord and confusion in order to foment confrontation and fear, and thus manipulate people (especially undocumented Mexican immigrant workers, who are already terrified by their status in this country) into incorrect political decisions that would stand to benefit only a small group or "elite".

Carlos, as you say, Caveat Emptor! I agree: but this smells VERY BAD. My opinion is that it's DISINFORMATION, and thus should be ignored BUT with a demand for clarification from both Wal-Mart and ICE, and -- if they fail to comply -- a call for a complete BOYCOTT of any and ALL Wal-Marts where this tactic is RUMORED (perhaps falsely?) to be carried out."

Casiorodo Reyna
    Viva el Pueblo Mexicano en el Exterior!

CARLOS RESPONDS:

My good friend Casiodoro Reyna is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!. This is nothing but a disinformation operation. The question is by who? or what? A government agency? ICE? or perhaps an entity like a immigrant rights organization/network?

Let's face it Gente, the March 10th mobilization in Chicago had a very low turnout. Perhaps 200 marchers....maybe 250. The organizers poured a lot of money into this event....banners, posters, trucks, sound equipment....and the turhout was the lowest of any previous immigrant rights mobilization.

Something similar happened in 2007. The March 10th event of that year had a turn out of about 2000 people. Later on in April, the I.C.E. staged a massive arid in the predominantly Mexican Little Village community. This resulted in a huge 100,000+ turn out at the May 1st immigration march that year.

Is someone trying to make history repeat itself? Provoke the community with disinformation to generate more turn out for the Washington D.C march later on this month.

If the March 10th turn out this year is any indication....then the Washington D.C. event looks like it will also suffer low participation.

WHY?

As long as RIFA, AND SIMILAR NETWORKS ARE SUPPORTING THE CIR ASAP....OR SIMILAR REPUBLICAN INSPIRED PROPOSALS....LA GENTE WILL NOT SUPPORT THESE KIND OF EFFORTS!!!! AND THAT.... IS THE BOTTOM LINE.

The people know what the demands of the original March 10th mobilization ARE - THE HISTORIC MEGA MARCH --OF 2006 - EL PUEBLO knows and still supports still demands....

LEGALIZATION FOR ALL

NO CRIMINALIZATION OF THE UNDOCUMENTED

NO MILITARIZATION OF THE BORDER

HUMAN RIGHTS AND LABOR RIGHTS FOR ALL....

END THE RAIDS - DETENTIONS AND DEPORTATIONS....

The current proposals on the table don't come anywhere near meeting the demands that MILLIONS ACROSS THIS NATION AND IN CHICAGO MARCHED IN SUPPORT OF.

Thus a disinformation attempt - TO PROVOKE THE COMMUNITY INTO SOME KIND OF SIGNIFICANT ACTION.

WHY?

TO INTERPRET ANY ACTION AS BEING IN SUPPORT OF THE CURRENT PROPOSALS ON THE TABLE - CIR ASAP, ETC....

IT AIN'T HAPPENING GENTE....THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN....BY NOT PARTICIPATING IN ACTIONS THAT SUPPORT AN AGENDA AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS.

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

I say, back to the drawing board. Carlos Arango, the executive director of Casa Aztlan has called for an open debate on the question of immigration legislation. The MCN supports this debate invitation.

Carlos Perez
    Founder/Editor
    Mayan Calendar News

http://groups.google.com/group/10demarzo
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the March 10th mobilization in Chicago had a very low turnout. Perhaps 200 marchers....maybe 250. The organizers poured a lot of money into this event....banners, posters, trucks, sound equipment....and the turhout was the lowest of any previous immigrant rights mobilization.
    My first thought on reading this was . . . tee hee. Love it.

NO MILITARIZATION OF THE BORDER
    Then perhaps the Mexican government could keep their helicopters on their own side of the border. Oh, and no killing of U.S. Government employees. That would be a good start.

This is a cruel, inhumane hoax
    Yes, it's inhumane to American citizens who desparately want our government to enforce our laws. I, for one, am tired of the illegals' arrogance and tired of paying their bills.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Carlos and Casiorodo Reyna sound like a couple militant anchor babies, employed as la raza foot soldiers...

Maybe if these rumors make them uncomfortable enough they'll go home! If we stop the extreme comfort we let them live in ie welfare, free hospital food stamps etc they won't want to stay. And yes I know they are not "supposed" to get these benefits BUT THEY DO!