Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Napolitano's Final Solution for Undocumented Hispanics:

Janet Napolitano's Final Solution for Undocumented Hispanics: More 287(g) Men
    By Stephen Lemons in Feathered BastardThursday, Feb. 5 2009 @ 1:40PM
    photo by Dennis Gilman
    To borrow a line from Alfredo Gutierrez's La Frontera Times, this woman is not your friend.
    Ever since Janet Napolitano's nomination to be director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, some liberals and immigrant rights activists have held out hope that Napolitano would rein in the excesses of the department's 287(g) program and its worksite enforcement raids.

The New York Times trumpeted her as "the most powerful voice of reason in a state that continues to hatch some of the dumbest, cruelest ideas anywhere for getting tough on immigrants." (And to give her some due, she did veto some of the crazier anti-immigrant legislation.) Locally, many in the pro-immigrant community remain convinced that Janet will eventually do something to bring our foaming-at-the-jaws law dog Joe Arpaio to heel as he continues to abuse his 287(g) agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Just yesterday, before a press conference to denounce Sheriff Joe's medieval 200 Mexican March, Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox spotted an anti-Napolitano sign held by an activist and questioned why that person had brought it. Wilcox was an ally of Napolitano while Nappy was Governor, and she apparently believes she and others can convince Napolitano to act.

But in my view, Napolitano has never really been a friend to Hispanics and recent immigrants. As governor, she did precious little to try and curtail Arpaio's extra-constitutional activities, declining to even use her bully pulpit against the Bull Connor of Arizona. In fact, Nappy helped broker the 287(g) agreement between Arpaio and the feds while guv. And when she was U.S. Attorney for Arizona, she looked the other way during and after the Border Patrol's now-infamous 1997 Chandler Roundup of undocumented migrants.

In her Senate confirmation hearings, Napolitano bragged about signing one of the toughest employer sanctions laws in the nation as governor, a law authored by none other than Mesa's neo-Nazi hugging state Senator Russell Pearce. One of Nappy's first initiatives as DHS director seeks to streamline the processing of "criminal aliens." She's followed this up with an "action directive" that seems almost seems ecstatic at the prospect of expanding the much-abused 287(g) program. It reads in part:

"The 287(g) program provides for agreements whereby federally trained and supervised state and local law enforcement officials can participate in the investigation, apprehension, and transport of unauthorized aliens. How many officers have been trained to date? How many agreements have been signed with state and locals to date and how many are ready to be signed? What is the current turnaround time to sign an agreement and what can be done to expedite more agreements? [Note: The emphasis is mine] How does this model compare in cost, effectiveness, and administration, to other forms of cooperation with these officials or entities? What are the strengths and challenges with jail model agreements versus task force model agreements?"

The expansion of the 287(g) program is Napolitano's "final solution" for the nation's "problem" of undocumented Hispanics. It will in effect become a national police force focused on removing as many Hispanics from the country as possible. American citizens of Hispanic descent, and Hispanics in the country legally can continue to expect to be harassed by law enforcement based on the color of their skin, or the sound of their last names, or the language that they're speaking. While doing so, local cops will ironically have a federal mandate

The only positive note is that Napolitano can be moved by criticism from the national press. Revelations that Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been using fugitive team operations -- billed as manhunts for badass criminals on the lam -- to go after nonfugitives with no deportation orders against them, has forced Nappy to order a "review" of the program.

But for such reviews to turn into meaningful policy reforms, the press will have to dog Nappy like a blue tick hound after a raccoon. Because when it comes to immigration, the Director's heart is definitely not on the side of the angels.

Tags: ICE, Janet Napolitano, New York Times, Sheriff Joe Arpaio

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastar ... soluti.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anti-American Invasionists: Hope you end up really really disliking Napolitano.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

In her Senate confirmation hearings, Napolitano bragged about signing one of the toughest employer sanctions laws in the nation as governor, a law authored by none other than Mesa's neo-Nazi hugging state Senator Russell Pearce. One of Nappy's first initiatives as DHS director seeks to streamline the processing of "criminal aliens." She's followed this up with an "action directive" that seems almost seems ecstatic at the prospect of expanding the much-abused 287(g) program. It reads in part:

"The 287(g) program provides for agreements whereby federally trained and supervised state and local law enforcement officials can participate in the investigation, apprehension, and transport of unauthorized aliens. How many officers have been trained to date? How many agreements have been signed with state and locals to date and how many are ready to be signed? What is the current turnaround time to sign an agreement and what can be done to expedite more agreements? [Note: The emphasis is mine] How does this model compare in cost, effectiveness, and administration, to other forms of cooperation with these officials or entities? What are the strengths and challenges with jail model agreements versus task force model agreements?"
    Hey, Stupid!! The 287 (g) program is part of the 1996 Immigration Act that was passed by Congress and signed into law. Heaven forbid if we enforce our laws in this country.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But for such reviews to turn into meaningful policy reforms, the press will have to dog Nappy like a blue tick hound after a raccoon. Because when it comes to immigration, the Director's heart is definitely not on the side of the angels.
    SO SEEING HOW ILLEGALS ARE ANGELS NOW WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ANYMORE RIGHT?
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Actually tinybobidaho the 1986 IRCA (Immigration Reform and Control Act) is the actual act. the 1996 revision is one of the revisions (there were 5 revisions) that gave state and local governments the authority to enforce immigration laws as 287g. Just thought you would like to know.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Happy on this end! It means that she won't be able to go out on her own tangent. And why should anyone worry when they are law-abiding citizens not harboring illegals? 287(g) is probably one of the best things happening to local law enforcement. That along with e-Verify is our best defense from an illegal invasion. For any city, county or state officials choose the ignore these opportunities paid for by taxpayers from all over the country is sheer stupidity.

The expansion of the 287(g) program is Napolitano's "final solution" for the nation's "problem" of undocumented Hispanics. It will in effect become a national police force focused on removing as many Hispanics from the country as possible. American citizens of Hispanic descent, and Hispanics in the country legally can continue to expect to be harassed by law enforcement based on the color of their skin, or the sound of their last names, or the language that they're speaking. While doing so, local cops will ironically have a federal mandate
    You don't speak for me, moron. I APPLAUD 287(g) as a means to catch illegal aliens. I am an American citizen and hispanic and I WANT enforcement against those who come here illegally and steal our IDs!

I WANT 287(G)
    I WANT E-VERIFY
    I WANT the SAVE ACT
    I WANT ENFORCEMENT
    I WANT EMPLOYERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS PROSECUTED
    I WANT ILLEGAL ALIENS DEPORTED
    I WANT BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP STOPPED
    I WANT ENABLERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS PROSECUTED

SI SE PUEDE!
    "

Click on the link and go leave your post on phoenix new times

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    Actually tinybobidaho the 1986 IRCA (Immigration Reform and Control Act) is the actual act. the 1996 revision is one of the revisions (there were 5 revisions) that gave state and local governments the authority to enforce immigration laws as 287g. Just thought you would like to know.
    The reason I always use the 1996 Act is because it's the latest one, but it did start in 1986.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

The expansion of the 287(g) program is Napolitano's "final solution" for the nation's "problem" of undocumented Hispanics. It will in effect become a national police force focused on removing as many Hispanics(code for illegal immigrants) from the country as possible. American citizens of Hispanic descent, and Hispanics in the country legally(Notice how those legally here are placed in a separate category?) can continue to expect to be harassed by law enforcement based on the color of their skin, or the sound of their last names, or the language that they're speaking. (Most LEGAL immigrants and citizens side with enforcement, the exception is anchor babies) While doing so, local cops will ironically have a federal mandate
    We will have to make sure that our voices are louder, and that is something we are good at or they would have had amnesty years ago.

the Director's heart is definitely not on the side of the angels.
    Let see, whose side are the Angels on? God's side. And what did God say about the things illegals are doing? I believe it went something like this:

You shall not kill
    Everyday at least one American is killed by an illegal

You shall not steal
    this would include ID's, ss#'s, jobs, taking anything at all that has not been given to you

You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
    anything, they covet everything that belongs to us

No, I do not see angels who are on the side of God, being on the side of illegal immigrants.....Now if I recall, there is another set of angels who just might be on their side.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast