Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Chairman Of “Activate Congress: Stop The FTAA

http://www.mountaintimes.com/mtweekly/2 ... irman.php3

National Chairman Of “Activate Congress: Stop The FTAA� To Speak In Asheville

The Committee to Stop the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas has launched an all-out drive to combat the globalist plan to establish a 34-nation FTAA Trade Agreement. Jack F. McManus, national chairman of the “Activate Congress: Stop The FTAA� Campaign, will be making a special appearance on Monday, Sept. 12th at noon at Shatley Springs to highlight “the suicidal path laid out for our nation� by supporters of the FTAA. For more information on the luncheon program, call 384-2093 or 846-3948.

More than 10 years in the making, the FTAA is “designed to unite all western hemisphere nations except Cuba into exactly the kind of sovereignty-destroying arrangement that is costing the nations of the European Union their independence,� states McManus.

President Bush has endorsed the plans for an FTAA. His administration is committed to negotiating an agreement, which then must be submitted to congress for its approval. Although FTAA proponents argue that FTAA will raise prosperity throughout the hemisphere, McManus claims that consenting to the FTAA will mean “a huge increase in the number of jobs leaving this nation; a dramatic swelling of immigrants entering the U.S.; and eventual destruction of our nation’s hard-won independence.�

McManus insists “the FTAA is being falsely promoted under the misleading label of free trade.� Likening the fact to similar agreements already approved, he points to their “hundreds of pages of regulations in FTAA and the WTO that have cost jobs, opened borders and already superseded some of our nation’s laws.� If the FTAA isn’t blocked, McManus contends, “Americans will end up having as much control over their lives as the people of Cuba have over theirs.�

With the recent narrow passage of CAFTA, a stepping-stone to the FTAA, the defeat of the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas is possible, if more fellow citizens are made aware of the real threat posed by this so-called Free Trade Agreement. The Stop the FTAA Campaign plans to enlist millions of Americans who are concerned about jobs, immigration policies and preserving our national independence.

McManus will also be giving a major address at a dinner meeting Monday evening, Sept. 12th at 7 p.m. at the Greensboro Sheraton Four Seasons Hotel at I-40 Exit 217. For more information, call 1-800-YES-2USA or log onto www.stoptheftaa.org.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Dear fellow Alipac & American friends:

This is a speech by a veteran, Jack McManus, on this issue of incredibly huge importance and stands to be really good. I am linked in with this event and tickets are $30.00 which includes a dinner. Tickets can also be had for $20.00 which does not include the dinner. This speech is about the in depth forces that seek to dissolve the idea of a Nation-state. You have heard of the 'North American Community Security Perimeter' and this is just one of many pieces to the puzzle that has to do with U.S. Borders. You will not be disappointed and it is well worth it (as gas prices are high) as this is about the existence of our very Country. I look to be attending the 7 pm Greensboro event and am willing to carpool anybody near I-40 area from Hickory to Greensboro. Please call me at (82381-2786 or e-mail: ronkingkong48@yahoo.com if would like to attend.

It cannot be stressed enough- the FTAA is real, sure as CAFTA was passed, the FTAA will be brought forward for our U.S. Congress to be hoodwinked again. To be more informed and joined together as to how Americans can organize to stop this outrageous plan called the FTAA come to this speech. Please learn more and meet with folks at this event. The 12:00 p.m Shatley Springs speech is also available. Contact me or the above numbers as mentioned by the prior message of JP_48504. Feel free to contact us at anytime.

Ronlaws, I hope to be able to make it to this event. I hope that others will make it as well. Please forward this to anyone you know.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The Andean FTA will go first to U. S. Congress :

This is my informed guess of what is going on concerning U. S. Trade Negotiators.

The Andean FTA will be probably signed during October of 2005, or at least before February of 2006 ends.

It could be possible that the Andean FTA is presented to the New American Congress elected during 2006.

I don't think that Bush is so suicidal as to present the Andean FTA to the present U. S. Congress.

The Andean FTA will do great harm to the Environment of the Andes and the Amazon River first affluents. The Sources or Fountains of the Amazon will be the subject of Deforestation.

American Cereals with subsidies of US $100 or more will cause the ruin of millions of peasants. And Colombia has an agrarian conflict and guerrilla war that is going to erupt. Don't throw gasoline to fires.

Thousands or millions of peasants begging in the streets and selling their farms for nothing to Narcos, Paras and the Para friends : the Big Ranchers ( The Para-Paras )

And more pressure for EMIGRATION anywhere !!

The Andean FTA is sheer madness. The best ally of the U. S. in Latin America is to be ruined and American Foreign Policy will be discredited.

Donald Rumsfeld sent a letter saying that CAFTA was an essential foreign policy.

I wonder if killing thousands of species in the Paradise of Biodiversity is good foreign policy. This is the Area of the world with more species per square mile :

Flamboyant butterflies, hummingbirds, Gaudy Worms dressed for Fantasy Party. Flaming Colorful Tiny Toads. Hundreds of Species in a single Tree.

ENVYRONMENT.com

News and Forums to save the Environment
    Even the powerful USA can suffer from Ecological damage
    New Orleans is the most recent case of Recklessness

I am initiating my

http://envyronment.com

ENVYRONMENT.com will fight the Andean FTA and protect the Andes and the Amazon River ( at least the first thousands of miles of the Biggest River in the World ( 8 miles wide in Brazil ). Please post if you love the Environment and Ecology and say something to stop madness.

Protect the sources of the Amazon River

The Cities Flooded with Beggars ( Ruined Peasants )
    And more pressure for EMIGRATION anywhere !!
    And U. S. Foreign Policy Fame and Credit ???

Vicente Duque

vicente, many members of the U.S. Congress and Senate could care less about the enviorment. they want to push for big business and the special intrests that bought and paid for their vote. You have to push for your goverment not to get invloved in these trade agreements which will destroy more than just the enviorment.

We are already loosing jobs in our country due to CAFTA. It is going to hurt all all.

JP, you said :

You have to push for your goverment not to get invloved in these trade agreements which will destroy more than just the environment.
    I am already doing that by writing in the Spanish Language Forums and talking politics in my town. Unfortunately deception is very generalized here that we are going to reach the "Promised Land" with a Trade Agreement with the USA.

They are Maximizing the Illusions and Fantasies and Minimizing the Dangers and Perils.

The Environment and Ecology are one of the Greatest Treasures of Colombian and the Andean Countries. Soon to be destroyed by deforestation set off by ruining the Peasants.

This country has sent four millions of emigrants everywhere and now it will send more millions due to a Foolish Trade Agreement that causes the ruin of traditional subsistence Agriculture and the small farm.

Rulers and Politicians think only of Greed and growing their Personal Wealth.

Vicente Duque