Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NBC5 news in Chicago/Illegal Immigrant Rally

This link has info on the rally today plus other interesting videos and polls too.
    http://www.nbc5.com/news/9541334/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Keep 'em marching. All they are doing is irritating more Americans.

I read this under the immigration reform section, "Americans views on immigration".

http://www.nbc5.com/news/8434820/detail.html

Notice they only interviewed a big whopping 1,005 people. What a joke.

Who did they interview for this? the Senate and their family in support of 2611?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

How subdued the crowd is...hmmm American flags too. RIGHT! Ya ain't fooling us now, we know your colors. That 'si se puede' is getting a little dry folks. No se puede?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

How subdued the crowd is...hmmm American flags too. RIGHT! Ya ain't fooling us now, we know your colors. That 'si se puede' is getting a little dry folks. No se puede?
    Indiana,

Good one!
    Can we add Vamanos! to make it 'No Se Puede. Vama Nos!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

JAK
    This is absurd! Our government should Never have let it get this far! It was acceptable to seperate themselves from family when they crossed our borders illegally? Now when deportations occur...that is not acceptable??? If it was okay then, what is the problem now?
    If they can protest here, why not protest in their own country and demand that their greedy government get it together! Clean house, as ...hopefully ...we will do!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigrant Supporters Rally In Chicago

http://www.wral.com/apnationalnews/9543165/detail.html

CHICAGO -- Thousands of people supporting more lenient treatment of illegal immigrants marched through downtown Chicago and rallied at the lakefront Wednesday, calling for a moratorium on deportations.

AP Photo/Julio Cortez
    Demonstrators march through Chicago Wednesday, July 19, 2006, waving flags and carrying signs with slogans. Hundreds marched through the downtown area to Chicago's lakefront to call for a moratorium on deportations of illegal immigrants and sanctions on businesses that employ them while Congress debates immigration legislation.

The marchers passed through downtown in waves, some chanting "We are Americans!" and others hoisting U.S. flags and signs with messages such as "Deportation equals broken families" and "We build your American dream."

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D.-Ill, fired up the crowd at the rally in Grant Park, telling them: "It is through your actions and mobilizations that you will get Congress to act on immigration reform."

Chicago Police Superintendent Philip Cline estimated the crowd at 10,000 and said it was a peaceful event with no arrests. Event organizers said they believed 50,000 participated.

The focus of the city's third large immigration rally since March was to urge the government to stop deporting illegal immigrants and to put a moratorium on sanctions against businesses that employ them while Congress debates immigration legislation.

"It causes an economic crisis (for businesses) as well as hurt these people's personal lives when they get deported," said Emma Lozano, executive director of one of the organizing groups, Centro Sin Fronteras. "We have to stop separating families."

The U.S. House passed a bill late last year that would make it a felony for illegal immigrants to be in the U.S. That prompted rallies by Latinos and others protesting for immigrants' rights, including a massive one in Chicago in May that drew about 400,000 marchers.

The Senate, backed by the president, passed a bipartisan bill that would increase border security while also providing a path to citizenship for many of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants.

So far, the House and Senate have reached no consensus on the issue.

Organizers say some immigrants being deported are then banned from returning to the United States for years. A 19-day U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid that ended last month brought more than 2,100 arrests, including at least 75 in Illinois.

Carlos Herrera, 25, of Chicago said he moved to the United States with his parents when he was 5 years old.

"How could I break the law when I was 5 years old?" Herrera asked as the group headed out on a three-mile walk in the 90-degree heat.

"I'm an American because I've been here all my life," he said. "There's just that piece of paper that says I'm not."

MW
    "How could I break the law when I was 5 years old?" Herrera asked as the group headed out on a three-mile walk in the 90-degree heat.

"I'm an American because I've been here all my life," he said. "There's just that piece of paper that says I'm not."
    .......and millions of United States citizens!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard "Mr. Sensenbrenner, you messed with the wrong race".

Please get us a list of elected officials that took the mic and stood up for illegal immigrants.

This is a nation of Americans! I'm not an immigrant and I'm a citizen.
    Dixie

TAKE THE POLL
    http://www.nbc5.com/news/index.html#
    The link is under the Local News and under the picture.

Do you agree with demonstrators that immigration laws should be reformed?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 35 Votes
    Yes, strongly. 17 49%
    Somewhat. 1 3%
    No, not at all. 17 49%
    Thanks for your opinion!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“We are with family because we are immigrants and want equal opportunities for everybody,” he said.
    You need to go take that up with the head Mexican south of the border there amigo.

“We should be all allowed to live here and build this community and country a whole,” added Contreras’ daughter, Alexis.
    No you shouldn't. You need to go back to Mexico or whereever you came from and to what you want to do here over there.

“We're here to make our life better and the life of the people who live in this country,” one demonstrator said.
    Why can't you do that in your own country?

“We're saying stop the deportation, stop this fear and terror going on and let’s just reach an agreement, “ said Emma Lozano.
    We already have reached an agreement. We the people think you should be deported and since your an illegal, you have no say in this. Thanks for playing.

The messages among the masses were many. Some carried signs reading, “Deportation equals broken families” and others read, “No human being is illegal.”
    That's funny, you people had no problem seperating from your families when you crossed our borders illegally, but now that deportation is in order it's now a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when US citizens committ a crime and go to jail, don't they get seperated from their families too? Lets just release all of the inmates from our prisons and put them back into the population because we don't want to offend them and seperate them from their families. What nonsense. If you committ a crime that's the chance you take.

“We want to be here. We come here because we need to survive,” she said.
    Here we go with the bleeding heart, oh the poor little Mexicans syndrome again. No sorry, I don't care. Your survival is not my problem, or countries survival is. Why should we American citizens get bent over and screwed for the sake of taken care of people who aren't even citizens of our country and have no business even being here? We can't be responsible for every human being in this world. There comes a time when you should be held responsible for your own actions. You need to go back to your own country and take up your grievances with your own government, not ours.

Police said the rally was, from beginning to end, peaceful and orderly.
    What I want to know is since the police knew that their were illegal criminal aliens in the crowd is 1 why did they even allow the protest to begin with and 2 why didn't ICE show up with buses to take these people back to the border where they belong? As usual they do nothing.

While the earlier rallies had a variety of goals, the focus of the latest event was to call for a moratorium on deportations of illegal immigrants and sanctions on businesses that employ them while Congress debates immigration legislation.
    How about a moratorium on illegal aliens and make that one permanent? How about a moratorium on immigration period until we straighten this mess out and get our exploding population under control? How about a moratorium on lawbreaking?

"I was brought here when I was five. How could I break the law when I was 5 years old?" Herrera asked. "If I were to be deported to Mexico, there would be nothing there for me.

"I'm an American because I've been here all my life. There's just that piece of paper that says I'm not."
    Wah, Wah, Wah. Let me tell you something pal. Your not an American, you aint squat. Just because you've been here since 5 doesn't mean your one of us. You didn't earn your citizenship, you didn't swear an oath to this country, you didn't go through the process, so no, your not an American. You just another foreign ingrate that thinks everything should be handed to him. Sorry that your parents dragged you into this, but you still don't belong here and you need to go along with the rest of your family. Yeah and it would suck for you to go back to Mexico and maybe you don't think that's fair, but who said life was fair? Try going to another country and see if you'd be allowed to stay? That's my point, it's our country damn you and we should be allowed to determine on our own who stays and who doesn't.

Organizers say some immigrants being deported are then banned from returning to the United States for years, possibly robbing them of taking advantage of any kind of path to citizenship or guest worker program that eventually gets established.
    Again boo freaking hoo.

"It causes an economic crisis (for businesses) as well as hurt these people's personal lives when they get deported," said Emma Lozano, executive director of one of the organizing groups, Centro Sin Fronteras. "We have to stop separating families."
    Tell them to stop coming here illegally and they won't have to worry about being seperated from their families. What's about my economic crisis? How about the fact that I have to live paycheck to paycheck because I have to pay a 2,000 dollar mortgage on a small town home, or 3.25 a gallon for gas and thousands of dollars on various insurances and all of these taxes that keep raising in price every year so you parasites can have a free ride? What about that huh? I'd give my left arm to have all of that go away and I deserve a free ride a hell of alot more than you pricks ever do because unlike you freeloaders at least I've serviced my country in the armed forces, I'm willing to die for my country which I know you scumbags would never even consider thinking about doing.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast