Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC-Charlotte's changing demographics unwelcome to locals

Thursday, April 30, 2009
    Charlotte: Under the microscope

Charlotte's rapid immigration growth continues to draw attention from those looking to understand the country's changing demographics.

We reported this week on a new report by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars that stated Latino immigrants feel alienated in Charlotte because of increasingly hostile public opinion and greater immigration enforcement.
    Here is a copy of the 25-page report, “Charlotte: A Welcome Denied."

Interestingly, the Wilson Center report came on the heels of similar report by the Southern Poverty Law Center that found low-income Latinos living in Charlotte -- regardless of their status -- are routinely the targets of wage theft, racial profiling and other abuses due to an anti-immigrant climate “encouraged by politicians and media figures who scapegoat immigrants.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    From what I know about North Carolina it has deep roots in the founding of America. History is full of the struggles and establishment these people underwent while our country developed. The native population takes enormous pride in these roots and its revolutionary and civil war heroes and their records are celebrated all over the state in every town square, museum, capitol, county seat, seaport, farmland, classroom, and resident family. It is a proud and beautiful state.

Without question, the rapid flood of illegal immigrants into North Carolina clashes with the principles of this historical pride. It can only be a shock to the generational English speaking population to see their towns and countryside being taken over by persons from another country who do not have permission to be here. Those lawbreakers are being aided by the very politicians and judges that were sworn to represent their legal citizens. The elite business community and liberal media are continually casting off their loyalty to its foundational population in their scramble to secure and justify an immigrant movement that will introduce and probably diminish the centuries old populations of North Carolina. This creates an instability that no state deserves anywhere in this country and that instability has been generated by the lack of enforced federal immigration laws over the last forty to sixty years. People all over this country resent this lack of service for its own citizens. The people crossing the border illegally were wrong to expect Americans would welcome them with open arms. They are wrong to expect Americans will accept their demands for amnesty. The are wrong to expect we will enjoy having a foreign culture in our midst that refuses to assimilate. They are wrong to expect that American taxpayers will support their needs and culture willingly. They were wrong to begin with by coming here illegally.

I have just moved to South Carolina and I must say that I do miss North Carolina but not it's illegal alien invasion . South Carolina had the good sense to see how illegal immigration was draining its resources and enacted some very tough laws against illegal immigrants . I go into Lowe's and hear english by everyone . I look at construction sites and see very few hispanics . Everywhere I look i see that the invasion that is going on in North Carolina has left South Carolina . I love it . And guess what , the jobs are still getting done . North Carolina would do well to follow in South Carolina's footsteps but that won't happen until the citizens vote out every sorry politician that's in favor of the invasion of North Carolina . Good luck .

When I moved to NC 3 years ago from FL, it was because I thought the state had a lot more American sense than what FL was doing. Apparently there has also been a load of OBLs sneaking in here.
    If I drive one way, there are the offices of the Spanish language newspaper, and with Frederico Ordonez of the Observer, the blogger, every blog is about how wonderful illegals (undocumented) are, while this is the home of Bank of America and Wachovia. Unemployment in the city is at 10.7 percent, and when that fired bank employee gets hungry enough they will mow lawns and shovel concrete.
    Poor Hawk, you are missing out on a great American experience and do not have the opportunity to learn Spanish. I will see what I can do to help you out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey vortex , I've been on the front line of this invasion since 1990 when the illegals started hurting the construction industry . I would like to say to all of our elected officials that ignored my complaints with the only spanish word I learned , Grassyass .