Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC high school bans American flag

NC High School Bans American Flag

On the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, students at one high school were not allowed to wear clothes with an American flag.

Under a new school rule, students at Hobbton High School are not allowed to wear items with flags, from any country, including the United States.
    http://www.nbc17.com

Why don't we give these folks a polite call?

Hobbton High School
    12201 Hobbton Hwy
    Newton Grove, NC 28366
    (910) 594-0242
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

That is totally outrageous and uncalled for. I never thought we'd see the day when it was prohibited for anyone to display our flag.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does the school itself fly our flag?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just called and they passed me to the voice mail of the Principal. This is absolutely amazing! Banning the American flag from student's attire and book bags etc... is obscene!

W

Hey guys, I hate to be fun the hater here, but wearing the flag violates the Flag Code 8B.

Me personally, I don't agree with not being able to wear a shirt with the picture of Old Glory printed on it because I believe this shows patriotism. But, to obey the rules, I don't wear them.

--The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
    --The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
    --The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
    --The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    --The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    --The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
    --The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
    --The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    --When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
    --The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
    When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.

http://www.lifescript.com/
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I see nothing wrong with sewing a flag patch on a childs backpack or wearing a tee shirt with the flag printed on it.
    My dogs sar vest has a flag patch sewed on the top of it.
    I try to respect the rules of the flag but nobody will ever tell me I am not allowed to wear something with the flag on it! I fought under that flag and will fly it anywhere and anytime I want to, I earned that right!
    MD

I would guess they did this because other countries flags were showing up and maybe causing trouble which still is NO excuse.They should BAN all flags EXCEPT the USA flag if worn with respect.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

THIS is outrageous! !!!!!!!!

I'm calling too. We should forward this to some media outlets.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Military members wear flag patches, as do police officers. Niothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    Military members wear flag patches, as do police officers. Niothing wrong with it.
    CJ, you are correct, and this is allowed under the Flag rules.

As I mentioned above, I don't agree with the fact that wearing a shirt of Old Glory is disrespectful. Many people may think so, but I don't. I believe that when a person wears the flag of the country they are living in, it shows patriotism.
    I also believe that when you wear a different flag from the country you're in, it shows disrespect and hatefullness towards the country you are in. (HINT HINT ILLEGALS!)
    Honestly, up until a year ago, I didn't know we had so many flag rules. I knew about the ones regarding the flag can't touch the ground, they must be lit when displayed, etc.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast