Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

NC-Illegal immigrant population may have declined in N.C.

Comments (3) | Recommend (5)
    Illegal immigrant population may have declined in N.C.
    By Kristin Collins
    Published: Tue, Apr. 14, 2009 10:51AMModified Tue, Apr. 14, 2009 01:09PM

The number of illegal immigrants living in North Carolina may have declined since 2005, according to a study released this morning by the Pew Hispanic Center.

The center says that North Carolina had about 350,000 illegal residents in 2008, compared with 375,000 in 2005. The study, which used U.S. Census data to estimate the number of illegal immigrants in each state, provides the first state-by-state snapshot since 2005.

Illegal immigrants make up 3.8 percent of the state's population, the study says. Of illegal residents, about 250,000 held jobs, making up 5.3 percent of the state's workforce.

A report from the Pew Hispanic Center in Washington, D.C., indicates that the number of illegal immigrants is decreasing.
    Related ContentRead the Pew Hispanic Center report on illegal immigrants (PDF)

The study's authors caution that state-level data is based on small samples and is not exact. The study said that North Carolina's illegal population could be anywhere between 300,000 and 400,000.

The report says that after years of rapid growth, the nation's unauthorized immigrant population has stabilized.

Now doesn`t this reliable article set your mind at ease ...NOT...

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1485261.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OH MY NC and Calif. wonder who is spreading this propaganda, do you think this is part of the amnesty plan??? I do.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Not from what I see in this city, and estimate we have 400,000 illegals here alone. Men accompany hejab-wearing women and pick out the clothes they are allowed to wear. Specialty grocers and stores sell food and clothes to ethnic groups, every type from African, Brazilian, Chinese and other Asian countries, as well as the 100-tortilla packs that fly off the shelves. I honestly think we don't offer that many visas for all those supporting those businesses to be here legally.
    I love the number of 12 million illegals throughout the country, which has been quoted over and again for years, because no one knows. And Pew's latest poll of the small sampling may have run into the illegals who are terrified of admitting they are breaking our laws, because all they hear is deportations, ripping babies from their mothers, separation of families, inhumane treatment while incarcerated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    OH MY NC and Calif. wonder who is spreading this propaganda, do you think this is part of the amnesty plan??? I do.
    So do I. It's just hype to soothe the critics. They're staying, having more kids, taking more social services and taxpayer money, and waiting until the Demorats pass their Obamainable amnesty. Just wait until they start snearing at us and demanding in the streets in May and you'll see.