Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC - It's anti-ILLEGAL immigration stupid!

Anti-immigration rally in Raleigh draws sparse crowd

June 18, 2008 - 5:55PM
    Barry Smith/Freedom Raleigh Bureau
    RALEIGH - About two dozen people gathered in Raleigh on Wednesday to encourage state lawmakers to do their part in supporting immigration enforcement measures and to make North Carolina a less-attractive state for illegal immigrants.
    The group included the co-founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Chris Simcox. The Minutemen are known for setting up civilian border-watch operations along the United States-Mexico border.
    Mike Kelly, director of N.C. Voice, a group which started in Alamance County, also attended the rally. However, he didn't speak.
    Others did, however, including Rep. Wil Neumann, R-Gaston, who argued for a bill that would require employers to go through an "e-verify" system when hiring new employees.
    "There are still some issues with it, but it does verify," Neumann said.
    Neumann noted that nearly all people in the United States are descended from people who were born in another country.
    "We came here legally," Neumann said.
    Rep. John Blust, R-Guilford, said the people coming into the country should have to follow the law.
    "We have to make ourselves less of a magnet among the states," Blust said, referring to efforts to make North Carolina less attractive to illegal immigrants.
    Others argued against giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition at the state's public universities and community colleges.
    Tony Asion, executive director of El Pueblo, a Hispanic advocacy organization, said the speakers at the rally were taking a "chicken little" approach.
    "The sky is falling, the sky is falling," Asion said. "It wasn't much of a rally. The stuff they're saying is a scare tactic."
    The rally was held in the state capital's Bicentennial Mall, located across the street from the Legislative Building.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/raleig ... _anti.html

Note the misleading caption on this story....
    Feel free to leave comments at their site, not only immediately following the story, but also at the editors blog (Madison Taylor) The story will not appear in print until tomorrow.

Asion said. "...The stuff they're saying is a scare tactic."
    Only scary if you are an illegal alien.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was in attendance. Though the turnout by citizens wasn't large (I estimate about 30), enthusiam was great as the speakers were applauded frequently. All the speakers were excellent and made great presentations. Approx. 6 legislators also spoke about bills and initiatives. After the speeches and rally, we broke up into teams and made the rounds in the legislative building visiting Senators and Reps offices, presenting our concerns and requests and leaving literature with the staffers for the legislators (who were in session at that time). I teamed up with two gentlemen from the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps that came up from South Carolina to help out.

It was well worth attending and it was time well spent. This lays the groundwork for a bigger event to be held when the long session of the NC State Legislature occurs in January.

I hope many of you caught the talks that were broadcast on the web, as they are well worth listening to.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tony Asion, executive director of El Pueblo, a Hispanic advocacy organization, said the speakers at the rally were taking a "chicken little" approach.
    And BTW, when the teams went around to the legislators offices after the rally to speak to the staffers, one of our main points was our outrage that El Pueblo, a lobbyist advocacy group for illegal aliens, was receiving taxpayer funding and that it must be stopped.

Oh and another thing, a number of the staffers siad they were receiving quite a number of e-mails and phone calls today on the topic of illegal immigration asking for enforcement. Nice work, ALIPAC'ers

I truly regret that I could not make the rally today. Unlike our opposition who has hundreds who have day labor jobs, and can pay them to attend their rallies, we who are fighting against illegal immigration to save our state and country have regular jobs that makes it difficult to get off during the week. Four years ago when I was laid off I attended two demonstrations. One was in Raleigh held in front of the Mexican consulate to protest illegals getting driver's licenses. The other was in Durham to protest the march across the country they held that year. I have since gone to rallies in Graham and Raleigh but both of those were on the weekend.

My point being is if I could I would have been there. I did my calls, and I've written my emails and letters to Raleigh, and I've sent my faxes and made my phone calls to congress in DC. I've been in this fight for over five years and although I've lost some steam I haven't lost my fervor to get something done. I only wish there had been more there today but I can understand how difficult it is esp. in a job like mine where due to cut backs there aren't many to do the work. I would like to see what would happen if a rally was held on the weekend with plenty of advance notice.

Kudos to all who were able to make it and it is my hope that maybe we can get something done in NC before our 600,000 turn into a million.

There is one thing that our oppositon doesn't realize that there is a silent majority out there and in the US when that group finally gets fed up enough something WILL get done. Maybe there were only 30 or so thre today but there are thousands more out there who are ready for something to get done and Raleigh better understand that before the Nov. elections.

Zeezil, that is exactly what the reporters did NOT see. We went and hit heap big amount of legislative offices today before the rally. I had some nice talks with several state senators. I had great talks with their legislative assistants, as well. All but one was receptive to having me stop by and chat.

Was the word out about it? This is the first I've heard of the rally. Maybe people just didn't know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

www.campaignforliberty.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjauAv6I-E8

Quote Originally Posted by SarahPorter
    Was the word out about it? This is the first I've heard of the rally. Maybe people just didn't know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

www.campaignforliberty.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjauAv6I-E8
    Please sign up for our email alerts using the box on the left as this is how we communicate with our supporters.

W

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    I was in attendance. Though the turnout by citizens wasn't large (I estimate about 30), enthusiam was great as the speakers were applauded frequently. All the speakers were excellent and made great presentations. Approx. 6 legislators also spoke about bills and initiatives. After the speeches and rally, we broke up into teams and made the rounds in the legislative building visiting Senators and Reps offices, presenting our concerns and requests and leaving literature with the staffers for the legislators (who were in session at that time). I teamed up with two gentlemen from the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps that came up from South Carolina to help out.

It was well worth attending and it was time well spent. This lays the groundwork for a bigger event to be held when the long session of the NC State Legislature occurs in January.

I hope many of you caught the talks that were broadcast on the web, as they are well worth listening to.
    Thank you zeezil and all other who attended this rally for showing up and presenting an enthusiastic and well informed presentation.

It sure beats an illegal invader rally in which they march down our streets while waving foreign flags, making DEMANDS in a millitant and aggressive manner, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast