Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Wow!!! That snowball is rolling and getting bigger by the minute!! And for illegals, this country just keeps getting that much smaller every day!!!

Pretty soon these "indigenous people" will have no choice but to roam their butts freely across the continent and back to where they came from.
    I like the roaming thing wreath, I think you have been on a roll the last couple of days

LOL......must be the Quaker Oats. And how are you today, SOSAD?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow!!! That snowball is rolling and getting bigger by the minute!! And for illegals, this country just keeps getting that much smaller every day!!!

Pretty soon these "indigenous people" will have no choice but to roam their butts freely across the continent and back to where they came from.
    I like the roaming thing wreath, I think you have been on a roll the last couple of days

I have been a busy little bee all day call for a while, fax for a while, answer my posts and try to put up few new ones, keeps one pretty busy How about you wreath?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yeap, the snowball's rolling down hill now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Yeap, the snowball's rolling down hill now.

Is it just me, or do you hear that noise? I don't quite know what it is but it sounds like something unraveling

Lincoln County to Cut Service to Illegal Residents

Posted: Today at 5:22 p.m.
    Updated: 4 minutes ago

LINCOLNTON, N.C. — Fearing illegal immigrants could overrun jails, schools and affordable housing, Lincoln County commissioners have adopted policies to halt funding for services used by illegal residents that aren't mandated by the federal government.

A strongly worded resolution approved this week directs all county departments and agencies to cut spending for discretionary services provided to illegal immigrants, "to the extent that they are able to do so with available information."

The resolution likely won't result in sweeping changes, and it could take a year to figure out which programs could be limited, said Commissioner Bruce Carlton.

"This isn't going to run every illegal alien out of Lincoln County," he said. "It's a start to put safeguards in place."

The resolution, approved unanimously by the all-Republican board, said an influx of illegal immigrants contributes to "havoc and death on our highways" and increases crime rates because many illegal immigrants lack the English skills necessary to understand laws.

It also stated that illegal immigrants have a "lack of social and personal health care standards."

Sarah Preston, legislative coordinator for American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina, said the resolution ignores the contributions of Latino workers, many of whom pay taxes and contribute to Social Security and Medicare.

"This type of resolution will further encourage racial profiling by police and city officials who will take it upon themselves to make determinations about a person's immigration status based on what a person looks or sounds like," she said. "Looking or sounding Latino does not mean that a person is undocumented, and city employees are not trained to make immigration status determination or determine the authenticity of immigration-related documentation. It becomes easier and safer for employees to discriminate against anyone they suspect of being foreign."

The resolution echoes similar policies adopted in recent months by other local governments in the Charlotte area. About 400,000 illegal immigrants live in North Carolina, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, a national nonpartisan research group based in Washington.

The Lincoln County resolution prohibits county departments from contracting with companies that hire illegal residents. It also directs the sheriff's office to verify the immigration status of individuals it arrests and to work with federal officials to deport illegal residents.

Commissioners hope the new policies prevent problems that could arise if illegal residents flee neighboring Gaston County, which adopted a similar resolution in November, Carlton said.

"They move from area to area to avoid these things," said Carlton, who proposed the resolution. "We're a growing county. You see the influx of workers. They come here and stay here, and it costs money."

Lincoln County Sheriff Tim Daugherty said he has applied for a program to work with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials to deport illegal residents. The program trains selected deputies, allowing them to check the immigration status of jail inmates and to access ICE's database of fingerprints and photographs.

Gaston and Mecklenburg counties already participate in the program.

"I was apprehensive that a lot of illegals would spill over into Lincoln County to get away from that," Daugherty said.

Daugherty said his office hasn't arrested more than eight people in a month who turned out to be in the U.S. illegally, but he expects the number to increase.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/1522007/

I have been a busy little bee all day call for a while, fax for a while, answer my posts and try to put up few new ones, keeps one pretty busy How about you wreath?

I'm sorry SOSAD.......I lost my post to you somehow. Add me to the hive.....between cleaning and keeping the kiddies in line I've been faxing and emailing. Not having much luck with the phone though.....if I'm not engaged in wrestling it away from one of the kids so I can borrow it, I'm getting busy signals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12