Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

my email to the county manager:

Sir,
    I have just seen the article " Not in English ? Not in our county, Beaufort says" in the News and Observer by Jerry Alligood.

I would like to take the time to say Thanks to those brave county commissioners who made this decision.

I was born in the old Taylor Hospital and lived in Beaufort County off and on during my younger years. I served as the sheriffs departments ..... narcotics officer under Sheriff J......... I feel I have the right to comment on this action by the board.

I retired in 2004 after 30 years of law enforcement in North Carolina and had considered moving back home to live. After seeing the changes that have taken place with this invasion of illegal immigrants, I did not feel comfortable in doing so.

I would strongly suggest that the Beaufort County Sheriff's Department take part in the federal training that is available for dealing with and identifying criminal aliens.

Again, if you will please Thank the commissioners for their decision, it is a step in the right direction.

Charles ............
    Oak Island, NC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great email Charles. I just emailed the reporter.

Ed Booth, the only commissioner to vote against the English-only policy, said people who come to America from other countries should be given opportunities to succeed. He said immigrants are "part of our country. You might as well get used to it."
    This guy needs to go back to the door and pick up a program. Immigrants are a part of our country and are welcome if they come here LEGALLY. And Eddie, I'll never "get used to" seeing the US become just another third world country that's been sucked dry by illegal aliens, their employers and supporters of which you are obviously one.

"To me, it's shameful," Booth said of the board action. "It's embarrassing."
    The only embarrassment to Beaufort County is you, Mr. Booth. Where is your patroitism?

Booth said he had received widespread support for his vote against the measure
    Like we don't know where this "widespread support" is coming from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I emailed as well. Our city is going through this. Waukegan just made an English/Spanish DVD about the city. Some people aren't to happy that money was spent for the Spanish version. Signage in another (one) language abounds around town.

We are discussing this issue again on our town board. Again our very own palomablanca is coming up with silly arguments. Shut her down!!

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6412

Also,

'Key to the City'
    (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article)

February 5, 2007

By RYAN PAGELOW rpagelow@scn1.com

WAUKEGAN--After giving presentations to Waukegan residents about city ordinances and services for several years, Susana Figueroa, the community (Spanish) liaison for the city, has a new tool to use.

The city has produced the DVD "Your key to the city" in English and Spanish to introduce residents to the city's departments, laws and services. The city produced 2,500 copies of the DVD and is asking non-profit organizations, churches and social clubs to show it to their members this month as part of an education campaign, said Figueroa.

"We want the newcomer and the people who have lived here all their life to know the services that we offer," Figueroa said.

The DVD will also be available at the Waukegan Public Library and will be shown on local cable access channels.

Production on the 30-minute video started in September, 2005, through the local company TreSe Productions. The video begins with an introduction of Waukegan montages which could be used to advertise the city.

"It was not meant to be a marketing DVD, but the way it came out it can be used that way," Figueroa said. For example, the school district could use the introduction when recruiting teachers from out of state, she said.

The video goes on to show all the city departments that deal with the public. It shows the administrative structure of city government and their daily activities. The fire department also gives safety tips and the building department talks about code compliance and how to request permits. The police department mentions the vehicle seizure ordinance and the consequences of driving without a license or insurance. The Waukegan Public Library, Waukegan Park District, Waukegan Township and Waukegan Regional Airport are also briefly introduced in the DVD.

This is second bilingual DVD the city has produced. The Waukegan Police Department produced 1,500 copies of "Welcome to Waukegan, The Police and Your Community" in 2005.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Hood Richardson is a good friend of mine and a good friend to ALIPAC.

W

Charles sent my e-mail to the county manager and commissioners thanking them as well. Eastern NC is also my birthplace. I was born in New Bern and also lived there for about 10 years during the 80's. Have also spent considerable time in Tyrrell Co. My dad lived there as a boy and my Uncle was Chief of Police in Columbia for years. Sad to see this is even an issue in Beaufort Co. but glad we seem to have representatives willing to stand up.

As a side note. The OBL is constantly touting how we are a nation of immigrants and basically all newcomers. Eastern NC not unlike other places on the Eastern Seaboard have some families who have lived in this area for 300 years or even more.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Charles sent my e-mail to the county manager and commissioners thanking them as well. Eastern NC is also my birthplace. I was born in New Bern and also lived there for about 10 years during the 80's. Have also spent considerable time in Tyrrell Co. My dad lived there as a boy and my Uncle was Chief of Police in Columbia for years. Sad to see this is even an issue in Beaufort Co. but glad we seem to have representatives willing to stand up.

As a side note. The OBL is constantly touting how we are a nation of immigrants and basically all newcomers. Eastern NC not unlike other places on the Eastern Seaboard have some families who have lived in this area for 300 years or even more.
    Lived in Vanceboro for a while have lots of kin there. My hometown is Chocowinity, I can trace my ancestors (Carrows and Elks) back to the Croatan Indians so I'm taking offense to this OBL's statement.
    http://www.lost-colony.com/migrationpatterns.html

I wouldn't doubt we know some of the same people. I still have family in Cove City, Belhaven and Ayden.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    I wouldn't doubt we know some of the same people. I still have family in Cove City, Belhaven and Ayden.
    As long as your aren't kin to the Venters in Ayden. Belhaven has a fantastic Antebellum Period style restaurant.

As long as your aren't kin to the Venters in Ayden. Belhaven has a fantastic Antebellum Period style restaurant.
    Can't say I know any Venters. I haven't been to Belhaven in some time but I love that part of NC!
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast