Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC Senate President Marc Basnight endorses guest worker stal

NC Senate President Marc Basnight takes up for illegal aliens!

Immigration Battle Rages in Raleigh By Gerrick Brenner
    (07/11/06 -- RALEIGH) - State lawmakers are looking at controversial bills that would make it more difficult for illegal immigrants to work and live in North Carolina.

The law says that employers cannot hire illegal immigrants, but most employers, including the state and public schools, are not required to verify a new employee's legal immigration status.
    "If an illegal alien can't get a job, he's going to go home," said Rep. George Cleveland, R-Onslow. "Or he's going to go to a different state."

Since May, Cleveland has been pushing a bill to force state government and school systems to verify new employee's legal status. Democrats in the House stalled the bill again on Tuesday.

Republicans have offered several bills addressing illegal immigration issues this session, and Democrats have not allowed full votes on any, so far.

"They don't want to curb illegal immigration," said Sen. Robert Pittenger, R-Mecklenburg. "That's what they're saying essentially by keeping these bills in Rules Committee."

Pittenger wants all employees with government contracts to verify employees' legal status. But the Senate President Pro Tem Marc Basnight, D-Dare, who controls which bills are heard, says that immigration is solely a federal issue.

"I think the United States Congress should get off their duff and go to work tomorrow morning to create a system of allowing a worker that we need in America," Basnight said.

Even if the immigration bills do not pass, the issue is not going away. Republicans promise to make illegal immigration and General Assembly inaction a big campaign issue before November's elections.

"I will use it as an election issue in my area, definitely," Cleveland said. "I should think it should be used throughout the state."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=4356901
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What!

state and public schools, are not required to verify a new employee's legal immigration status.
    They don't do background checks for child molesters? Wouldn't an illegal be caught with a background check? How can you make sure he doesn't have a past criminal record if he is illegal? I wouldn't want the undocumented aliens working around children, elderly, handicap, infirm or mentally disabled.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"They don't want to curb illegal immigration," said Sen. Robert Pittenger, R-Mecklenburg. "That's what they're saying essentially by keeping these bills in Rules Committee."
    W, any idea whether or not our calls and emails to move these house bills along did any good?

"I think the United States Congress should get off their duff and go to work tomorrow morning to create a system of allowing a worker that we need in America," Basnight said.
    That's not what the citizens of North Carolina want. We want our laws enforced! The North Carolina Congress is really corrupt and the Democratic leadership is currently under investigation for illegal campaign financing. Sad thing is they'll all probably get re-elected.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Busineeses in NC are to Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    That's not what the citizens of North Carolina want. We want our laws enforced! The North Carolina Congress is really corrupt and the Democratic leadership is currently under investigation for illegal campaign financing. Sad thing is they'll all probably get re-elected.
    My sister inlaw lives near New Bern & the Const Co's there have loads of Illegals. I'm retiring there in 21 months,guess I know what I can do with my spare time. Work on getting Illegals out of NC and dogging one's that hire them!
    ************* PRO DEO &*PATRIA!********

Critter,

Welcome to North Carolina, we can use the help.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

They don't do background checks for child molesters? Wouldn't an illegal be caught with a background check? How can you make sure he doesn't have a past criminal record if he is illegal? I wouldn't want the undocumented aliens working around children, elderly, handicap, infirm or mentally disabled.

Dixie
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Dixie,

Many times illegal immigrants use fake soical security numbers, use hypen's in their names and AKA names. In my job I run back ground checks on individuals and many are from foreign countries. I have found many people using the same SSN # and there is just nothing that can be done about it at the moment. It truly needs to be revamped...the background checks done in NC need some serious repair. Many of these individuals own businesses and live outside of the country and have no citizenship in our country or have dual citizenship. It's very concerning because many are not only from Hispanic countries but Muslim countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    Many times illegal immigrants use fake soical security numbers, use hypen's in their names and AKA names. In my job I run back ground checks on individuals and many are from foreign countries. I have found many people using the same SSN # and there is just nothing that can be done about it at the moment. It truly needs to be revamped...the background checks done in NC need some serious repair. Many of these individuals own businesses and live outside of the country and have no citizenship in our country or have dual citizenship. It's very concerning because many are not only from Hispanic countries but Muslim countries.
    Hey Matty, welcome.

I believe the drunk-driving criminal alien that hit the pregnant girl in Kanapolis is a prime example. That guy had used at least 6 different names, at least three different birthdates, said he was born in Mexico, El Salvador and Florida. Looks like the only way to stop this madness is to fingerprint everybody who's arrested no matter how minor the violation.

Hey Matty, welcome.

I believe the drunk-driving criminal alien that hit the pregnant girl in Kanapolis is a prime example. That guy had used at least 6 different names, at least three different birthdates, said he was born in Mexico, El Salvador and Florida. Looks like the only way to stop this madness is to fingerprint everybody who's arrested no matter how minor the violation.
    [/quote]

I agree, Fingerprinting, DNA. eye scan, 666 stamped on the forhead, all of the above should keep them from coming back once they are sent out of the country!! what do you think!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)