Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Brightmidnight wrote:

This woman is not a murderer and has in fact been so law-abiding that she has been able to fly under the legal radar for 20 years. And, being a legal immigrant or a native American does not mean that one is not a killer, considering the millions of Americans that are killers.
    Lets not muddy the basic issue here......

This lady is not a murder, she is just someone who evaded prosecution for 10 years...there are many people like that...but eventually the LAW catches up with them. Illegals just like legal citizens have to go through the legal system when they break the laws of the country they reside in and pay for their crimes whatever they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by brightmidnight
    Anyone who does not want America to be a haven for those who are persecuted in other places is not a true American. That's what America stands for-- the tired, poor and hungry can come here and work their way up unlike anywhere else in the world. We welcome them because we are a nation of immigrants.
    There is a legal process for people to apply for asylum. She should have thought about the political/religious implications of having her child before she had her.

The problem here is this lady is an illegal alien. She knowingly overstayed her temporary visa. In 10 years what has she done to get legal? Apparently nothing if she has a final order of removal on her.

One of the stories I read said she applied for asylum years ago and was denied. At that point there was a deportation order she ignored. The loonies(not meant be be a personal attack, just a characterization) in Carrboro have a website if you want to contribute money to her defense. Ive also read her family is trying to arrange asylum in Australia, so her daughter can join her, since Iran is such a hostile country.

Read the leftist orange politics site if you are interested in more info. What burns me up is the response from the town council and the police department. Its not their job to execute federal law when its immigration? Which other federal laws do they ignore?
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor
    LEGAL immigrants!!! Sorry, I don't buy your sentiments!! The lady knew she was illegal, broke the law and did nothing about it. So now, we are to feel sorry for her ???
    Yup. She's a human being. Sorry to inform you of that. Not all of Americans' ancestors came to this country legally and there were many laws passed against Irish and Chinese people to keep them out, to name a few. Whether my great-grandparents came here legally or not, I'm glad they did and they had every right to. As long as someone is a contributing citizen who can keep to themselves and not bother anyone, they should be welcomed. I would expect the same of any other country that an American wanted to emigrate to.

The LAW changes upon a different judge's interpretation of it. Last week, lethal injection in California was not legally "cruel and unusual"; this week it is. Does that mean that it was not cruel and unusual last week when it hadn't been declared so by a judge? Nope, that means it was cruel and unusual all along. To say "she broke the law" and leave it at that is a fallacy, because laws change. Slavery was once perfectly legal in America, but that didn't make it right.

If I were from Iran, I'd do whatever the hell I could to get out of that country, law be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    She should have thought about the political/religious implications of having her child before she had her.
    I do agree with that. People have too many kids without thinking of the consequences (monetary, ethical, and moral).

However, what's done is done and the fact is that the girl is an American citizen who has lived her entire life here. It's completely ridiculous to send her to Iran. I'm glad to hear Australia is an option.

If I had been born in Iran, went to America to study, and then was denied asylum I'd do anything I could not to go back to that country. Just because I was lucky enough to be born in America doesn't mean I'm going to kid myself that I wouldn't do the same thing if I hadn't been. Are you all telling me that you would have stayed and lived in Iran just to not break the law? Women there have no rights. Men don't have many, either.

Quote Originally Posted by usatime
    The loonies(not meant be be a personal attack, just a characterization) in Carrboro have a website...
    By "loonies" you mean a Canadian dollar right? I wouldn't think that an adult would resort to a petty insult against the fine citizens of Carrboro.

See ya at the Weaver Street Market!

Its not their job to execute federal law when its immigration? Which other federal laws do they ignore?
    Many states, in fact, choose to ignore federal laws because they don't have the time, money or resources to defend all the federal laws in existence. It's the feds' job and the federal government has plenty of money to do it. Arizona and New Mexico have had serious problems with this in regards to defending the border. The governors of those states have had to declare a disaster area in order to get federal funds to do the job the federal govt. should be doing.

California has passed a law making medical marijuana legal... while it is definitely illegal at the federal level. California has official places where sufferers can go to get their legal-in-California medical marijuana. Federal agents have sometimes come in, but courts have ruled that California police and local governments do not have to enforce federal laws since the laws differ and the federal agents should be upholding the federal laws.

Carrboro is usually considered to be very Democratic, but the states' rights issue is a tenet of Republican beliefs. (Not the current Republican party, but the Republicans of the past who believed in small government.)

April
    Wow! Brightmidnight it appears that you spent alot of time on your post and you are quite articulate.... however facts are facts ......so

Lets not muddy the basic issue here......

This lady is not a murder, she is just someone who evaded prosecution for 10 years...there are many people like that...but eventually the LAW catches up with them. Illegals just like legal citizens have to go through the legal system when they break the laws of the country they reside in and pay for their crimes ,whatever they might be.

Oh and yes she is a human being................unfortunately for her, she, like so many others, made the choice to break the immigration laws of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Quote Originally Posted by brightmidnight
    The loonies(not meant be be a personal attack, just a characterization) in Carrboro have a website...
    By "loonies" you mean a Canadian dollar right? I wouldn't think that an adult would resort to a petty insult against the fine citizens of Carrboro.

See ya at the Weaver Street Market!
    If I meant Canadian money, I would have gone for a twonie (or however its spelled). Its twice a loonie. Its not meant as a petty insult. When the town council says illegals aliens should be allowed to vote and others point out they obstruct the immigrations laws, it sounds loonie to me. We dont spend too much time down at weaver street. Usually for the 4th of July parade or if we have business down at that end of town. As for Sima's case, I just saw a post at http://chapelhillblog.blogspot.com/2006 ... ds-to.html that sums up the misguided thinking of the liberal elite(or maybe I should have said misguided thinking) down in Carrboro. I will post it here too:

behroozfallahi said...

we would like to post a comment here, because my comment was removed from the page Ruby moderates, orange county politics. The essence of this comment, for anyone who cares to know, was that there is a flagrant contradiction between the way Carboro residents have publicized my sister's immigration case. They have paraded my niece in public with utter disregard for her feelings and the stress that this aggressive advertising has on the child . They are totally oblivious to the possible backlash of the ridiculously inaccurate comments of Mrs Helvey on her website for my sister should an immigration judge confront her with them. But somehow they are presenting themselves as the champions for Sima and Leila. What is more disturbing is the fact that they have asked people for financial contribution. I don't think Sima is even aware of half of the stuff attributed to her, but she is the one who will pay the price of their actions as well as her own.

7:11 PM

behroozfallahi said...

I would like to point out the contradiction in this case. The people of carboro have paraded my niece in Public with utter disregard for the harmful effects of using her for their aggressive advertising. They have published half truths about my sister which could even be potentially harmful to her case. I am sure that Sima is not even aware of half the inaccurate statements that are attributed to her.Her lawyer did advise them to keep this private. But they present themselves as Leila and Sima's champions and protectors.What is very disturbing to me is that they are asking the public for money.

7:35 PM
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/565246.html

Published: Apr 18, 2007 12:30 AM
    Modified: Apr 18, 2007 03:05 AM

Illegal immigrant gets initial hearing

CARRBORO - An Iranian immigrant arrested on charges of being in the country illegally has a court date in her quest to stay in the country.

Sima Fallahi has a preliminary hearing in Atlanta on June 7, when a judge will set a formal hearing date to reconsider her request for asylum. Fallahi fears she will be imprisoned if returned to Iran because she had a child out of wedlock with a non-Muslim.

The Chapel Hill Town Council recently rejected a request by the Orange County Bill of Rights Defense Committee to help pay about $10,000 in legal expenses Fallahi has incurred so far. Chapel Hill police detained her after she applied for a permit to sell her art and a routine background check found she was wanted for overstaying a student visa.

Local supporters have started a legal defense fund at www.carrboro.com/sima and a Web site promoting Fallahi's artwork at www.simafallahi.com.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12