Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NE: Fremont council kills illegal immigration measure

Fremont council kills illegal immigration measure
    Associated Press - July 30, 2008 7:45 AM ET

FREMONT, Neb. (AP) - Fremont's City Council voted to kill a proposal targeting illegal immigration at the end of a hearing that drew more than 1,000 people.

Opponents and supporters filled the Fremont High School auditorium and took turns addressing the council on a plan that would have outlawed renting housing to or hiring illegal immigrants in this city of 25,000.

At the end of the meeting, Mayor Don Edwards cast the deciding vote to kill the ordinance on a 5-4 vote.

The issue has stirred strong opinions on both sides of the issue. Tuesday's hearing drew comment from residents of Fremont, Omaha, Lincoln and other nearby areas.

The proposal was the first of its kind for a Nebraska city.
    http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=8758252
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is really discouraging. We can't allow the illegals and their supporters to continue winning these battles in cities..

Monday it was the Denver City Council voting to oppose a ballot initiative to impound the vehicles of illegals.

Yesterday it was the massive rally by 27 pro-illegal groups in SF.

More Americans need to stand up against them. We need to get more people involved; our friends, families, and acquaintances.

Okay, so where can we find out when these protests are going to take place so we can band together and make a showing right back in their faces?

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about how bad illegal immigrants are and all the terrible things they are doing to this country (and I completely agree) but exactly what are we doing about it? Sitting behind our keyboards making posts on forums?

Somebody tell me of a website that acts as a central clearing house for information about these protests! Please! If I had known about the protest in Postville before learning of it in the newspaper, I would've been there! I am in Northern Indiana right now.

I was appalled to learn that maybe 150 Americans showed up in Postville to counter-protest the illegals. There were 1,000 illegal-supporters!

Bravo to everyone who showed up to counter-protest. This number could have been much higher. Are there so few Americans who want to make a stand against these people? I don't think so, I think they just don't have a way to find out about these protests before they happen.

If no website like that exists, someone should create one and post the URL here.

The enemy is organized, why aren't we?

What do I need to do, learn Spanish and begin listening to Mexican radio?

MW

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn