Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nebraska Rail Scare Still Unsolved

Nebraska Rail Scare Still Unsolved
    By Joe Jordan on May 9, 2011

As federal officials try to piece together an Al-Qaeda plot against America’s rail system, Nebraska Watchdog has learned that circumstances surrounding a bomb-like device found near Union Pacific (UP) tracks in Cozad, Nebraska last fall apparently remain a mystery to investigators including the FBI.

Late last week the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) alerted the country’s railroads that according to information pulled from Osama bin Laden’s hide-out in Pakistan, terrorists were concocting attacks against American trains.

According to a statement from DHS Al-Qaeda’s planning began in February of 2010; seven months before the Cozad incident.

Several published reports note that the terror group discussed derailing U.S. trains on September 11, 2011, the 10th anniversary of 9-11, by placing obstructions on the tracks. There is no indication that any specific city or rail system has been targeted.

Nebraska Lt. Governor Rick Sheehy, the man in charge of the state’s homeland security, tells Nebraska Watchdog that although the railroads can usually fix damaged tracks quickly “interrupting a major rail line (in Nebraska) would hurt the economy.â€

There are a lot of wanna be and real gang bangers around here so I wouldn't be too quick to point the finger at Al Qaeda. One of the fun(sarcasm here) projects they do in the middle school in Lex is learning how to make bombs. I turned in a youtube video that showed kids making bombs for fun a few years back to the police. I was greeted with a ho humm so what response because they learn the how tos in middle school.

Reiber is not the best sheriff. He knows about quite a bit of illegal nonsense going on in Dawson county and just sweeps it under the table. Two examples are we have a big mexican horse racing ring just east of town and a rooster operation just north of town that both operate with a wink and a nod.

That's why I posted this article in the Illegal Immigration section. I think the problem has more to do with illegals than Al-Qaeda. But of course it's so much easier to just turn a blind eye to the illegal problem than to try and deal with it, possibly risking the wrath of the ACLU, MALDEF, heck even the U.S. Justice Department.

Mayday, when you say "rooster operation" do you mean cockfights? Calling the ASPCA or PETA will bust it wide open. The sheriff will be in a heap of trouble, especially if it's public knowledge he knew about it and did nothing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

There is no ASPCA or PETA in my area that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    There is no ASPCA or PETA in my area that I know of.
    Although they would be helpful in busting that particular case open, I'm very glad for this statement...