Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Unless cloture is invoked, Senators can use a filibuster to defeat a bill. We do not want cloture invoked, nor do I think Nelson does. Once cloture is invoked the debate on the bill can be limited to 30 hours.

2ndamendsis wrote:

Quote:
    Nelson says he will vote to bring the bill to the floor so senators can discuss it.

that means a YES VOTE FOR CLOTURE
    No, that means a "NO" vote on cloture. Nelson doesn't sound like he wants the debate to be immediately limited to 30 hours.

2ndamendsis wrote:

If a CLOTURE vote is YES by 60, the bill COMES TO THE FLOOR.

If Cloture is NO, the bill does NOT come to the floor.
    The cloture vote has nothing to do with whether be bill comes to the Senate floor or not. It's coming to the floor regardless. Actually, a petition to invoke cloture can't happen until the bill is on the floor. If cloture is invoked, the debate will be limited to 30 hours. Furthermore, if cloture is invoked, no Senator is allowed more than one hour on the floor. Once again, I don't believe Sen. Nelson wants cloture invoked.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The cloture vote has nothing to do with whether be bill comes to the Senate floor or not. It's coming to the floor regardless. Actually, a petition to invoke cloture can't happen until the bill is on the floor. If cloture is invoked, the debate will be limited to 30 hours. Furthermore, if cloture is invoked, no Senator is allowed more than one hour on the floor. Once again, I don't believe Sen. Nelson wants cloture invoked.
    WHAT?

Look, the CLOTURE VOTE has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE BILL COMING TO THE FLOOR for debate and VOTE!!

Where the heck have you been, MW?
    What do you think we've been doing for days and days? Haven't you been making calls pertaining to CLOTURE?

Now you're making zero sense and giving out INCORRECT INFORMATION to everyone.

Please don't do that or our members and our visitors will be completely confused!!

*** Voting YES on CLOTURE BRINGS the BILL TO THE FLOOR for DEBATE w/no FILIBUSTER opportunity***

CLOTURE is a CRITICAL VOTE!
    Voting NO will keep it from coming to the floor for debate!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    WHAT?

Look, the CLOTURE VOTE has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE BILL COMING TO THE FLOOR for debate and VOTE!!

Where the heck have you been, MW?
    What do you think we've been doing for days and days? Haven't you been making calls pertaining to CLOTURE?

Now you're making zero sense and giving out INCORRECT INFORMATION to everyone.

Please don't do that or our members and our visitors will be completely confused!!

*** Voting YES on CLOTURE BRINGS the BILL TO THE FLOOR for DEBATE***

I've been telling them to vote no for cloture, won't that kill the bill? You better get me and everyone else straight before I make a call to him in the morning, you all are confusing everyone maybe I am the only one reading this
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Before attempting to descredit me, you may want to do a little research on the workings of the Senate floor, 2ndamendsis. A "no" vote on cloture will not keep the bill from coming to the Senate floor! What a "no" vote will do is leave the opportunity for a filibuster open and debate won't be limited to 30 hours. "No" on cloture is the vote we want, but it won't stop the bill from coming to the floor. I don't know where you got that information from. The bill will already be on the floor when someone petition to invoke cloture.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cloture..... a palimentary procedure by which debate is ended and an immediate vote is taken on the matter being discussed...Websters
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

I've been telling them to vote no for cloture, won't that kill the bill? You better get me and everyone else straight before I make a call to him in the morning, you all are confusing everyone maybe I am the only one reading this
    We do want them to vote "NO" on cloture, but it won't kill the bill. A "NO" vote will prevent those that favor the bill from limiting the debate to 30 hours. Yes, definitely keep encouraging them to vote "NO" on cloture. As long as there is cloture isn't invoked, there is a chance the bill can be filibustered.

Nonetheless, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) wants to have the entire bill passed by Memorial Day, a week from now.

Even more appallingly, Reid wants to hold the crucial "cloture" vote to shut off the possibility of a filibuster, the best chance to derail it, on Monday, May 21!
    I don't give a flying fig about discrediting YOU. However, you are, singlehandedly, discrediting yourself. If you want to attempt to put words in my mouth, I suggest you think twice. If you have a problem, feel free to pm me.

What I care about is incorrect information being given out to people.

WE DO NOT WANT A YES ON CLOTURE! {as you have said at least once or twice on several threads}
    ** see above

You have your information backwards and you need to readjust for success.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

Cloture..... a palimentary procedure by which debate is ended and an immediate vote is taken on the matter being discussed...Websters
    When cloture is invoked in the Senate or House, it automatically sets up certain rules and guidlines that must be followed. One of those rules is that debate can't extend beyond 30 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

We do want them to vote "NO" on cloture, but it won't kill the bill. A "NO" vote will prevent those that favor the bill from limiting the debate to 30 hours. Yes, definitely keep encouraging them to vote "NO" on cloture. As long as there is cloture isn't invoked, there is a chance the bill can be filibustered.
    That is correct.

You might want to check some of your other posts, MW.
    You said differently in one or two of them.
    Your posts stimulated communications to me concerning cloture confusion!

No one said a NO on Cloture would KILL the bill!
    However, a NO on Cloture will set an ENORMOUS MESSAGE TO THE TRAITORS who are pushing this TRAITOROUS AMNESTY.

A NO on Cloture will bring the message to the senate AND the House that the people are on it and furious.

A NO on CLOTURE will then give us time to rip and shred this travesty apart rather than having it rammed thru like a rocket.

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Quote:
    Nonetheless, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) wants to have the entire bill passed by Memorial Day, a week from now.

Even more appallingly, Reid wants to hold the crucial "cloture" vote to shut off the possibility of a filibuster, the best chance to derail it, on Monday, May 21!

I don't give a flying fig about discrediting YOU. However, you are, singlehandedly, discrediting yourself. If you want to attempt to put words in my mouth, I suggest you think twice. If you have a problem, feel free to pm me.

What I care about is incorrect information being given out to people.

WE DO NOT WANT A YES ON CLOTURE! {as you have said at least once or twice on several threads}
    ** see above

You have your information backwards and you need to readjust for success.
    I think you need to look over my posts again. I never said we wanted a "yes" on cloture. Please, can you show me where I said that? Why are you accusing me of saying something I never said? I've always known we don't want cloture invoked and I haven't said otherwise! It's you that is sending out incorrect information. Once again, a "no" on cloture will not automatically "kill the bill," but it will stop our opposition from limiting debate and will leave the opportunity for a filibuster open. A "yes" on cloture will limit debate to 30 hours. I've been conistent in what I've been saying. Please read over ALL my posts again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast