Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Hispanic does not equal Spanish Speaking

Hispanic = English, Portugese, French and Spanish Speaking.
    That was my thought as well. Only hispanics speak spanish? No one of other ethnicity speaks Spanish?? Last time I checked, languages were not race-based. So with that logic, only caucasians speak English.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Hispanic does not equal Spanish Speaking

Hispanic = English, Portugese, French and Spanish Speaking.
    That was my thought as well. Only hispanics speak spanish? No one of other ethnicity speaks Spanish?? Last time I checked, languages were not race-based. So with that logic, only Caucasians speak English.
    Very true.
    Another thing that bothers me is that a lot of Hispanics even some of the news anchors here in Dallas refer to Caucasians as Anglo's. That's pretty racist. Anglo means English. Not all Caucasians are English.

"Your proposal is racist in intent and is being proposed to divide Nevadans at the cost of the rights of Hispanic Nevadans," Rene Cantu of the Latin Chamber of Commerce in Las Vegas told Beers. Cantu added that Hispanics make up a fourth to a third of the state's population.
    How did speaking ENGLISH and the ILLEGAL ALIEN issue become an hispanic issue?

I thought that this pertained to every language and nationality entering the USofA?

Damn, knock me over with a feather. I had no idea that only HISPANICS would be affected by this legislation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel bad for Senator Beers. How can Hispanics accuse him of being racist, when all he is doing is uniting the people of Nevada by declaring English as the official language? It looks like most of the country is passing the same thing.
    Maybe the complainers have been listening to Senator Harry Reid and his speil for too long now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12