Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE NEW FENCE AT OUR BORDER WILL HAVE UNLOCKED GATES!

THE NEW FENCE AT OUR BORDER WILL HAVE UNLOCKED GATES!

I read in the Press democrat today (May 23, 2006) that the section of fence now being built on our boarder will include several "high-tech" devices called "click2enter". After years of being told that it would cost to much to secure our border it seems strange that we are now buying extravagant and unnecessary devices for a fence. There are several major problems with this idea:

1) "click2enter" is intended to allow access to emergency response vehicles.
    - I was not aware that we provided emergency response services to Mexico, or that any of our agencies were allowed to enter Mexico without authorization.

2) "click2enter" is similar to a Sears garage door opener, with 2 exceptions:
    A) It opens a 16' gate to allow crossing our border.
    B) It can be pre-programmed to open to a range of radio frequencies.

3) Anyone having a radio or other device which is able to transmit the programmed frequency will be able to open the gates.

4) Frequency generators and transmitters are very simple to build, the components are commonly found in old radios and other devices, the components can also be purchased at most electronics stores for about 1-3 dollars new, they are also sold in toy stores as science kits for children. These simple electronic devices can be adjusted to output a wide range of frequencies.

5) Generally each government agency has at least 2 or 3 radio frequencies assigned to them - most have far more. Complete listings of the frequencies used by each agency are published and sold to the public for about $2

6) If click2enter was pre-programmed to accept all of the possible emergency response frequencies in use, it would increase the range of radio frequencies which could activate it. Thus increasing the chances of unauthorized access.

7) The drawing included with the news paper article also showed a second section of solid fencing parallel to the cyclone fence on the border and directly in the path of the gate. This seems like a very odd design because from the US side of the border no one would ever be able to see anyone passing through the click2enter gate.
    Democrat or Republican, they are all politicians.

Link?

Do you have a link to this article?

Personally, I don't think there will ever be a fence. It's just a ruse to pacify us agitated peasants.

Like those empty campaign promises.

Yes, its on the kitchen table. :P

I will see if I can find it posted somewhere - the article itself just details how wonderfull it will be to have this click2enter gizmo "in case of emergancy"

I don't think there will ever be a fence. It's just a ruse to pacify us agitated peasants.
    you said it, we get a worthless fence and they get a remote control for the gate.

Like those empty campaign promises
    Did you really fall for that?
    I am still waiting for Clinton to "fix" the health care.
    I want the kind of health care that he has!

Re: Link?

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com//temp/busi ... er_e1.html

As border fence grows, so could small Sonoma company
    Click2Enter device allows gates to open with Click of two-way radio
    May 23, 2006
    By MARY FRICKER
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

If the United States builds a longer fence along its southern border, a small company in Sonoma could play a critical role.

Click2Enter Inc., a one-man show that Pete Sutsos runs out of his garage, makes the Click2Enter device that lets U.S. Border Patrol agents open the huge gates in the fence with a click of their two-way radio.

"I know it works well. I use it all the time," Damon Foreman, a senior patrol agent in San Diego, said Monday. "They're putting in one right now, maybe two."

The way Sutsos figures it, as the Border Patrol builds more fence, it will want more Click2Enters, and that could give his company the juice it needs for a major expansion.

"We're proud that a small company like us is selling something that has become a critical component of the Border Patrol's day-to-day operations," Sutsos said.

"Let's say a Border Patrol agent is in trouble and two to three agents need to respond immediately to help him," Sutsos said. "To know our system is being used to open that gate, to help that officer, makes me feel pretty good inside."

Click2Enter also is used by a number of police, fire, ambulance and other community agencies for quick access to closed areas.

Even before Click2Enter had its first production run in 2000, the Border Patrol was calling. Officials were looking for a quick, safe way to open the big gates, and they heard about Click2Enter, which had just gotten patents on its technology.

Since then the Border Patrol has bought more than 30 units as it has extended a new border fence on the southern edge of San Diego. About nine miles of the 14-mile-long fence are completed.

Click2Enter didn't have to bid for the job because no one else has a way to open gates with two-way radios using multiple frequencies, Sutsos said. He's excited that growth in the fence could mean growth for his company.

"This particular project may not make us millionaires, but based on what we're hearing I think we'll be supporting them with a lot of technology when the new fence starts to go in," Sutsos said.

A fence along the U.S.-Mexico border is suddenly a hot topic in the national debate over illegal immigration, with the U.S. House of Representatives proposing construction of a fence along almost 700 miles of the 2,000-mile border and the U.S. Senate weighing in with a 360-mile barrier. Work begins in Congress soon to reconcile the two bills.

Sutsos, 53, a retired Sonoma County deputy sheriff, devised Click2Enter with Robert Baeyen and David Nisenson of Sonoma and Robert Triebel of Santa Rosa, who are still investors in the company.

The idea for Click2Enter grew out of Sutsos' experiences in law enforcement, such as the time he was responding to a burglar alarm and fell off a fence.

Emergency personnel must deal with a bewildering array of activation devices, the result of a growing number of gated communities, the increased security demanded by businesses, and frequent changes in keys and codes.

They lose valuable time trying to find the code or contacting dispatchers who try to reach someone with entry information.

With Click2Enter, responders simply click their radio receiver, and they will gain entry if their radio frequency has been programmed into the database of the Click2Enter unit at the gate or door.

In the City of Vallejo, all new gated construction must have Click2Enter to allow entry by emergency vehicles. Several incidents -- including an officer who was impaled on a fence, officers unable to reach a colleague in trouble, and officers who had to ram a gate to respond to a gunshot -- triggered the requirement.

"We use it extensively," said Vallejo Police Sgt. Bob Sampayan. "It just makes things so much easier, and it works well."

A homeowners' association in Colorado lets the garbage and propane trucks in, in addition to emergency equipment, by entering their frequencies in their Click2Enter unit.

Cotati uses Click2Enter at its new police station, Sutsos said. Click2Enter is on gates at the Charles M. Schulz -- Sonoma County Airport. At a hospital in Mississippi, doctors and ambulances use it to open emergency bays. In Hilton Head, S.C., the fire chief uses it to reduce response times to the island's exclusive gated communities.

The Click2Enter unit is 6 inches by 6 inches by 4 inches. It can accommodate up to 50 frequencies. It can hold a gate open for a specified period of time, for example until all responders are through. It keeps a printable record of all access attempts, by frequency and time.

The units are made by GRE America in Belmont on a production line in China. Finishing touches and shipping preparations are done in Sutsos' Sonoma garage. In six years Click2Enter has sold about 1,500 units, Sutsos said. The devices retail for $885 each.

Thus far, Click2Enter has grown mainly by word of mouth and through trade shows.

"We started with a small minimum investment," Sutsos said. "We're pouring everything we have into production runs...We've proven the concept."

You can reach Staff Writer Mary Fricker at 521-5241 or mfricker@pressdemocrat.com.

Thats interesting because thus far everything i have read on Bush's boarder wall leaves one to beleive they will not build gates at any crossing areas. They will be left wide open and unobstructed. Unobstructed was used to destrib it.

Thanks for doing my homework MopheadBlue.

The picture in the paper is just classic, I tried finding the picuture form the article at their site, no luck. So I sent an email to Mary Fricker asking for a copy. I will post it if she sends it.

- We do not need a gate, we need a Drop Box!

Just want you to know that the mayor of San Diego along with a Mexican Diplomat are discussing ways to increase the number of lanes at San Ysidro Border crossing (largest in the US) and add yet another Border crossing! (Supposedly to increase trade.
    Just this week Border Patrol caught 200 illegals in one day trying to go through the Border crossing at San Ysidro- what's this tell you about who Mayor Jerry Sanders works for ?

Quote Originally Posted by skid
    Thanks for doing my homework MopheadBlue.

The picture in the paper is just classic, I tried finding the picuture form the article at their site, no luck. So I sent an email to Mary Fricker asking for a copy. I will post it if she sends it.

- We do not need a gate, we need a Drop Box!
    You're welcome!

The small-time business guy will make big on this order, huh? Wanna bet he will employ illegals when the orders start rolling in. If the traitors in the house and senate have it their way, they might not be illegal by then.

Hope you get the photo from the reporter.

Supposedly to increase trade
    Isn''t that how you get more buiseness?

- The way things are going it may be us using those new lanes when we are commuting to our new $5 per hour job south of the border.

It appears that GWB was right about one thing, "building a fence will not help".
    (Him and his buddies are going to do what they want to anyway)

It sure is nice to have a prez with such positive attitude!

Every time our border has been enforced at least 95% of the traffic has been stopped.

Hope you get the photo from the reporter
    got a response, but no photo. I still have the paper, so I will scan it latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast