Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These aldermen must all be mental lightweights.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Re: Can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    A guest on MSNBC (sorry I didn't get his name and can't do a proper attribution) just pointed out that when cities such as Hazelton, Pa, etc. took steps to pass ordinances affecting illegal immigration the illegals said cities had no business meddling in immigration issues because it is exclusively the province of ICE. But when New Haven meddles by providing i.d. cards, that's not meddling.
    That is exactly what i thought when i read it. In Farmers Branch, TX the community overwhelmingly opposed having illegals in their city, but were stopped from doing anything about it beause it wasn't in the city's jurisdiction. How is this any different?? The city if effectively creating their own immigration policy by doing this and somehow this is completely within their rights?? I'm confused and outraged.

Re: Can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    A guest on MSNBC (sorry I didn't get his name and can't do a proper attribution) just pointed out that when cities such as Hazelton, Pa, etc. took steps to pass ordinances affecting illegal immigration the illegals said cities had no business meddling in immigration issues because it is exclusively the province of ICE. But when New Haven meddles by providing i.d. cards, that's not meddling.
    That is exactly what i thought when i read it. In Farmers Branch, TX the community overwhelmingly opposed having illegals in their city, but were stopped from doing anything about it beause it wasn't in the city's jurisdiction. How is this any different?? The city if effectively creating their own immigration policy by doing this and somehow this is completely within their rights?? I'm confused and outraged.
    Don't look for the ACLU to rush in with a lawsuit against New Haven. Since this supports their point of view, it will not be addressed in the legal system

New "ID" cards

I wish they would do this here in Oklahoma City because we have many law abiding "illgals" here in our city, and this would be just one more way of being able to keep track of them etc, if and when needed.

Re: New "ID" cards

Quote Originally Posted by Nan04362
    I wish they would do this here in Oklahoma City because we have many law abiding "illgals" here in our city, and this would be just one more way of being able to keep track of them etc, if and when needed.
    If the laws were enforced it would be a moot issue.

Re: New "ID" cards

Quote Originally Posted by Nan04362
    How exactly does that work? It seems like there's a major lapse somewhere in your thought process... let's look at what you said. Law abiding illegals. Hm.... Law abiding illegals. Law abiding would suggust somebody who follows the law, yet illegal suggests somebody who breaks the law. That is what we call an oxymoron. Oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindnessâ€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12