Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hey, I'm 48, so cool it with that old age stuff.
    I can dig it man. We are not at odds. We just have differnent life experinces that bring us to this time and place. I have three friends in the world, and one is Rudy Cruz, a Mexican-AMERICAN. We kick it together. You are right: Blacks and Whites are more alike than different, especially here in the South. Since you live here, I know you know what I mean. I see it. It is/was a cruel hoax on both races, but that Berlin Wall is coming down. These illegal aliens may be the best thing to happen to black and white race relations EVER!! But you and I are 40 and have careers, mortages, cars, all the trapings of the American Nightmare.
    The black kids in South Dallas, West Dallas, Pleasant Grove have two things: Poverty and Drugs. That is partly the fault of some of us old school blacks. We allow them to walk around with their pants below their butts, throw the "N" word around like it is a badge of honor, and brag about how many times they have been to jail and the number of kids they have outside of marriage. I work with the "100 Black Men" chapter in Dallas. We teach them how to write resumes, interview, and get a job.
    But alot of these supposedly black "men" are afraid of their own young brothers? Me and Dr. Sweat are the only two medical pro's there every Saturday. We have plumbers, pilots, chefs, and ex-cons. But the "upper class less" are no where to be found. The boys and girls that participate with our group get their grades looked at by us each six weeks. We tutor. We preach. We scream. And you know what, IT WORKS. However, we can't reach them all. Those are the ones that say they are "down for the cause, ready to die next". GO FIGURE
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Hey, I'm 48, so cool it with that old age stuff.
    I can dig it man. We are not at odds. We just have differnent life experinces that bring us to this time and place. I have three friends in the world, and one is Rudy Cruz, a Mexican-AMERICAN. We kick it together. You are right: Blacks and Whites are more alike than different, especially here in the South. Since you live here, I know you know what I mean. I see it. It is/was a cruel hoax on both races, but that Berlin Wall is coming down. These illegal aliens may be the best thing to happen to black and white race relations EVER!! But you and I are 40 and have careers, mortages, cars, all the trapings of the American Nightmare.
    The black kids in South Dallas, West Dallas, Pleasant Grove have two things: Poverty and Drugs. That is partly the fault of some of us old school blacks. We allow them to walk around with their pants below their butts, throw the "N" word around like it is a badge of honor, and brag about how many times they have been to jail and the number of kids they have outside of marriage. I work with the "100 Black Men" chapter in Dallas. We teach them how to write resumes, interview, and get a job.
    But alot of these supposedly black "men" are afraid of their own young brothers? Me and Dr. Sweat are the only two medical pro's there every Saturday. We have plumbers, pilots, chefs, and ex-cons. But the "upper class less" are no where to be found. The boys and girls that participate with our group get their grades looked at by us each six weeks. We tutor. We preach. We scream. And you know what, IT WORKS. However, we can't reach them all. Those are the ones that say they are "down for the cause, ready to die next". GO FIGURE
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

was referring to Sixx's post that blacks hate Mexicans
    See? I did it again!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I hear you, Sixx. I feel very proud that you are out there teaching kids how to get a jump on this job market. I think this nation needs more people like you. I get so disgusted with white AND black people who treat black children as if they are some alien race to be observed and "learned from." trust me, if white kids were shooting each other over nothing, every white person in America would be rioting! But because it's not happening with white kids, except in rare over-the-top instances like Columbine, nobody cares.

It's 2005. It's time to rethink EVERYTHING.

Sixx-I do videogames for a living--I think you know that already. Two of our BEST employees are black--I mean that sincerely. If you want to get some of your kids together to come out and meet them (along with the rest of us) I would love to arrange that. We should show children the right way to go. To me, this is about CIVILIZATION. I don't give a damn what color a kid is--but if they go to school and feel fear all the time, they can't learn a damn thing.

hey Sixx--have you noticed that even on MTV and VH1, black kids are talking about "ghetto behaviour" as opposed to "black behaviour?? I think that is AWESOME! I used to get so annoyed that anything criminal or violent was seen in pop culture as "legitimately black." Absolute BULLCHIT

Things are changing for the better

That would be cool. It may a couple of weeks before I can get it organzied, but it sounds like a good deal. Don't get me started on ghetto v. black behaviour stuff. I could write a BOOK on that.

I believe it about the black employees. We work hard, especially when we like our work.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

That would be cool. It may a couple of weeks before I can get it organzied, but it sounds like a good deal. Don't get me started on ghetto v. black behaviour stuff. I could write a BOOK on that.

I believe it about the black employees. We work hard, especially when we like our work.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12