Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

New Year's wish:Reporters,editors stop advocating for illega

My New Year's wish: Reporters and editors stop advocating for illegal aliens
    January 6, 7:21 AM
    Dave Gorak
    6 comments

Here is my wish for the New Year: that the nation’s mainstream media, when covering the immigration issue, resolve in 2010 to take seriously their awesome responsibility and conduct themselves in accordance with the journalistic ethics and standards created by members of their profession.

Many newspapers post their commitment to fair and balanced journalism on their web sites, as do media watchdog groups like the Society of Professional Journalists. However, had the media been abiding by their own rules when reporting on this very volatile issue, there would have been no need for me, someone who spent 30 years as a Chicago print journalist, to write this column. The rules of good journalism that I grew up with are not in play today in terms of immigration coverage, and readers of what’s left of this country’s newspapers are the poorer for it.

The media are largely responsible for today’s immigration crisis. Why? Because they have ignored the other side of the story that includes holding responsible those politicians in Congress who pander to special interest groups and ignore the very immigration laws they created.

For too long reporters – with the blessing of their editors - have been churning out boilerplate sob stories about illegal aliens and their apologists who are given free rein to label as “racist,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Millions of Americans wish the same thing, that the media and others stop pandering and pushing illegal immigration. Americans do not want it.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Such a great article I went back to Albors sob story and mentioned it in the comments there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)