http://www.chronwatch.com/content/conte ... ?aid=16185

N.J. 50-Year Naturalized Citizen Unable to Renew Driver's License While We Ponder Licenses for ''Illegals''

Friday, August 12, 2005

Jim:

Thought you might find this story of interest considering a lot of the PC nonsense taking place these days.

Yesterday, I went to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission to RENEW my driver's license. I've had a New Jersey license for over five years. In my 40 years of driving, I've had driver's licenses in six different states, including international driver's licenses. I've had four passports in my lifetime (my current one just expired recently.) The New jersey MVC has a six-point verification program, consisting of primary documents and secondary documents. Before the gatekeeper even allows you to proceed, you must show one primary document. I'm a naturalized citizen but do not have the document to prove I'm naturalized. The INS told me it would take two years for them to send me my documents.

I have documentation that shows my dad was a U.S. citizen. I also have a U.S. State Department death certificate for my dad entitled, "Report of a Death of U.S. Citizen Abroad." It clearly indicates that I'm my father's son. I'm an honorably discharged veteran. I've been in the United States for 55 out of my 57 years, and I've been working here since I was 14. I've met all of the I-9 employer requirements to work in this country.

Yet, with all of this and more (and related documents), I cannot get a New Jersey driver's license. I find it interesting that consideration is being given to have illegal aliens get driver's licenses, but an American citizen is getting hassled. It's absurd.

Jerry Komar
Collingswood, New Jersey