Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Price is driven by demand if there was no demand coming from illegal aliens prices would go down.
    Exactly......just like corrupt business owners would be out of business if it weren't for voluntary illegals begging to do it for cheaper. Slum lords couldn't prosper if there weren't people willing to pay it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wouldn't be overcrowding if housing codes were enforced.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Price is driven by demand if there was no demand coming from illegal aliens prices would go down.
    When I lived in Nebraska.....it was the LAST time I saw reason come into play and the BIRTH of greed. Why ask 1000 a month when pay is 6.00 an hour? Oh, but if you live in CHICAGO, the same place would go for 1000. Ya but we aren't in Chicago......no one here will pay that. We charged 25 cents for coffee till the owner decided it should be a buck from what she saw on vacation. They uped the price, in less than 3 months she was out of business. They didn't have an influx of people willing to pay it. So rightfully, they were shut down. Lost their home as well. Poetic justice to me. There is a limit for greed as well. What's worth more? An EMPTY house or one bringing in a reasonable amount?

My dog groomer friend underwent a similar experience. She was renting a small, semi-below street level commercial space and had been there for years. Before Hurricane Charley hit FL in 2004, the building was sold to some Miami-based investors and they raised the rent about $200 per month. After the hurricane came through and the building's lower floor had 2 feet of water, and the large front window blown out, these new landlords came in an ripped up all the carpet and never replaced it. They boarded up the window, so the only daylight into the place was through a small pane on the entry door. And this was done to a woman who always took all the dogs and cats in her care home for the night so they wouldn't be worried about what was happening to them.

There's profit and then there's greed. I never begrudge a person making a profit, till their profit is abuse and greed. Heck, I go to garage sales and they are asking brand new prices for a used item!!!!!

One mans junk is anothers jewel, only when it's true.

Since when in this society has it been that immediatly you get reimbursed for every investment you make?

Anyone see that commercial where the guy bids on a painting and then EXPECTS to sell it for more IMMEDIATLY after buying it?

"I don't know if it would stem that," he said. "Landlords charge whatever they can get away with. They take advantage of the Hispanic community because the Hispanic community doesn't argue or put up any resistance."
    Oftentimes it's not the landlord that's making the profit. One family rents the house/apartment, they bring in extra beds or mattresses and charge per bed. The tenants make more money this way, than working at a sub-wage job.

Seasonal workers should not be bringing their families here in the first place, leave them at home. We shouldn't be paying to educate their kids, and provide medical and social benefits for them and their kids.
    "

"miguelina
    Seasonal workers should not be bringing their families here in the first place, leave them at home. We shouldn't be paying to educate their kids, and provide medical and social benefits for them and their kids.
    Excellent point!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Great article. Do you have a link to this? I'd like to send it to our code compliance office, alderman and mayor. Our town suffers a great deal from over crowdedness.

This little house was reported as it usually has 6-8 cars parked in front of it. Numerous cars in this neighborhood have out of state plates.Also, I check the real estate transfer list every week in our paper... You can see a lot of the same names -slumlords buying up Wkgn. properties cheap to rent out.

And this small house had 4 or 5 cars parked on the right and usually 2 or 3 on the left on the grass -till it was reported. It is now up for sale and the flag disappeared a while ago...

Great photos.....I do think that they serve a useful purpose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast