Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NJ Man Sentenced to 26 Months for Immigration Fraud Scheme

Plainsboro man is sentenced to 26 months in prison for immigration fraud scheme

Published: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 5:42 PM
    Updated: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 5:42 PM
    Sue Epstein/The Star-Ledger By Sue Epstein/The Star-Ledger

A Plainsboro man has been ordered to serve 26 months in federal prison for his role in an immigration fraud conspiracy, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Newark.

Syed Zaidi, 54, was also ordered Friday by U.S. District Judge William Martini in Newark to serve three years of supervised release after his prison term, according to a statement released today by U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman.

Zaidi pleaded guilty last year to submitting fraudulent documents to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and inducing an illegal immigrant to remain in the United States, the statement said.

Documents indicate from July 2002 through June 2009, Zaidi and his co-conspirators helped dozens of immigrants file fraudulent applications with immigration services. The applications typically asserted that the applicants qualified for employment authorization or lawful permanent resident status because they were religious workers or had specialized skills as computer consultants or in graphic design.

The applications contained letters from alleged employers, bank statements and tax records fabricated by Zaidi and his co-conspirators, who charged each applicant anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000 to file the applications, Fishman’s statement said.

In sentencing Zaidi, the judge said he took into account that while out on bail, Zaidi contacted and attempted to influence the testimony of at least two government witnesses.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... ed_to.html

If the ratbastard wasn't born here, his citizenship should be taken from him when he's released and then be deported!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pathetic how these illegals can seem to afford $5-30k for such scams and other things. Yet they still suck on the public teet and take our social welfare. But ooo poor illegal aliens....

In sentencing Zaidi, the judge said he took into account that while out on bail, Zaidi contacted and attempted to influence the testimony of at least two government witnesses.
    Oh really? Judge Martini gave him 2 years + 2months time, then 3 years of probation. That's a fkn slap on the wrist! These are all serious, jury tampering? Immigration Fraud? I am tired of legal citizens being expected to obey the law, and getting serious penalties while illegals get a slap on the wrist!

If I had nothing but time on my hands I believe I would start sitting in the courtroom of Federal cases, just so I could start taking down names and making notes on these Judges who favor illegals over legal citizens. Liberal Judges who favor illegals need to go!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)