No amnesty for illegal immigrants
Published: 5/24/200
Chicago Daily Herald
Comments: (4)

Any amnesty program for the illegal alien population in this country is an affront to the law-abiding citizens who are born American and those who have taken great care to make sure they have followed the prescribed regulations to become naturalized citizens.

Why would we offer deference on immigration matters to persons, who by the very fact they are found to have entered and continue to abide in the United States without having proper documentation or following procedures to remain in good standing, makes them law breakers.

They are subject to the regulations pertaining to their expulsion and further ban from any request for legal entry to this United States under current law.

We go through great pains to make sure as many law breakers of other standards are brought to justice to ensure the law-abiding population is allowed to function without threat.

This is a weighty responsibility within our own regular population. A strict and effective adjudication of the current immigration laws would help prevent additional challenges.

What liberal-left wing goals are served by allowing these criminals to remain?

I will never understand or agree with any amnesty program allowing these persons who are here having shown no respect for our laws but wish to avail themselves of our bounty.

America works hard for what it has and has become in the world forum. We have, or should have, more pride in what we have accomplished.

Our citizens would be more willing to accept positions in our workplaces that perhaps are not what they enjoyed in the past and this would strengthen our overall respect for a more accountable and responsible work ethic in the U.S.

I will not support any amnesty effort in this country.

I do not support any measures I believe will undermine the independence and freedoms of the U.S. citizens from within.

These measures will weaken our morale and economic structure as our own citizens will see the others being allowed to exhibit criminal behavior and following suit.

Susan James
Maywood, Illinois

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=19 ... rycomments