Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[La Raza]You're just a bunch of racist gringo's how dare you want to stop paying for people who shouldn't be here. With our money and political "influence" we will force you racist gringos into perpetual payments to your brown people betters[/La Raza]

Still waiting for that to actually be a La Raza post, because you know that's what they are thinking.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Neither do I have health insurance. I'm think the 13.4% may be way off!

I think that is why we in medicine do triage...It would have been very simple in the case of the pregnant woman who died to determine how life threatening her situation ways......she was young and first pregnancy(high risk always)...if they would have just taken a blood pressure they would have seen the problem(hypertension and preg. very high risk)...but here is the problem...once the blood pressure was taken and oh yes it would have been very high...They have to treat...they where avoiding the responsibility(greed)...by refusing altogether...and that is bad medicine...she and they baby died...in the end the bill was much higher because they got sued...if the would have just treated her...they would have saved MILLIONS...
    If it is not an emergency...you give a low triage number and they can wait(and wait)...or send them with instructions to return and /or go to a clinic....
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Just my personal opinion, I don't think they do any 'triage' concernng illegals. They use it for their primary care facility.

Yes, it would seem the one particular case of the illegal mother could have been handled differently - and should have been handled differently.

No one should be denied care in a life threatening case -

I would be willing to bet, however, there have been a lot of Americans with no insurance who have been denied treatment and some have died, I'm sure, and many more have suffered.

My grandson, with severe allergy attack, was told it would be 4 hours before he could be admitted at an ER because the ER was full of Mexicans seeking treatment for earaches and colds. His doctor asked the nurses to admit him, they said it was 'first come, first serve'.

Perhaps illegals do skew the 'no insurance' numbers, but there are an awful lot of Americans with no health insurance - these are working families who are paying taxes to give completely free healthcare to illegals.

Yes, give them emergency treatment - life saving treatment - nothing more. If they have enough cash to send back all those millions to Mexico, they have more available cash than most working Americans do.l
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know this cannot continue forever. As more and more come, it will become impossible for E.R.'s to survive. Something has to give and quick!!

The other thing is schools. What happens when hundreds of illegal kids show up at the beginning of the school year....kids they weren't expecting...yet again, there is a breaking point!!

There is a breaking point. The system is already broken, just wonder how long it will be before the people have really had enough -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    According to the latest Census Bureau figures, 43.6 percent of non-citizens in the U.S. are without health insurance. In addition, 33.6 percent of those born elsewhere are without coverage.

By contrast, only 13.4 percent of native-born Americans are without health insurance. And 17.9 percent of naturalized citizens are without coverage.
    Just because only 13.4 percent of native-borns are without insurance (and I'm not sure I believe it's that low), doesn't mean it's a problem only for illegals. I'm native-born and I don't have insurance. We just can't afford it. I would have to be next to death before I would go to an ER because we couldn't handle the bills!
    Imblest...did you know that fees are negotiable? I have a friend who is without insurance and I learned some interesting facts. First of all, there is a "cash" fee schedule for patients without ins. For instance, I have a friend without ins. who needed a mammogram. The hospital billing cost to ins. companies is $350. The cash price to my friend was $70. A blood test was $150 for patients with ins. but it was only $18 for cash patients. An office visit costs $140 if billed to ins but only $60 if it's cash.

Emergency room charges are always higher but they are also very negotiable. Of course, catastrophic events are a different story. If possible, everyone needs a policy for catastrophic coverage but routine blood tests, x-rays, doctors visits, etc can be affordable. Even with ins. there is a co-pay and often times that co-pay is equal to or less than the cash fee.

His doctor asked the nurses to admit him, they said it was 'first come, first serve'

That is insane...really bad medicine
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    His doctor asked the nurses to admit him, they said it was 'first come, first serve'

That is insane...really bad medicine
    That is the way it goes.

Afterhours care in a lot of small towns is the ER. You show up, they call your doctor and then admit you - or you call your doctor in advance.

She had called the doctor and he told her to go to the ER. She lived 21 miles from the hospital - he lived near it.

When they wouldn't admit him even though she called her doctor and he asked them to - they refused.

She ended up driving the 21 miles back and then on 11 more to a smaller hospital that admitted him immediately and he just saw the doctor on call.

There was a story about a man in AZ who had been brought in to an ER, with a stroke. He died while they were treating illegals for everyday problems. I think I heard his family was suing. Don't know where that went.

It isn't an unusual story for Americans to not get treated because illegals use it for their primary care facility.

My husband and I are self employed, work every day, and still can't afford health insurance. Matter of fact, I've been told I'm UN-insurable by every company we've checked with- except BCBS. For a sum of 2,200 dollars A MONTH, I could be the proud owner of a high deductible medical insurance policy, and that's just for MY coverage! Doesn't include hubby or kids.
    Because of a previous illness where part of my treatment was with the drug interferon, I am no longer an 'acceptable risk', therefore not insurable OR the premiums are truly out of the realm of possibility.
    What makes me even more angry is that we can't afford to insure our kids! Ten years ago we could afford to insure the whole family. Within 18 months our premiums more than doubled and we had to drop the coverage. It makes me sick to know that WE are paying for illegal aliens health care, but are forced to do without ourselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast