Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

No special deal for 50,000 illegal Irish, US tells Ahern

http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/ ... 2fa91M.asp

17/03/06
    No special deal for 50,000 illegal Irish, US tells Ahern

By Shaun Connolly
    TAOISEACH Bertie Ahern was last night told there could be no special deal for the 50,000 Irish illegals in the US as he used the annual St Patrick’s Day visit to Washington DC to battle to save them from deportation.

Republican Senator John McCain insisted the workers could only be included in an overall agreement dealing with the 12 million such foreigners believed to be in America.

He said he was hopeful the legislation he and Senator Ted Kennedy are championing will prevail over more draconian attempts to tighten immigration laws.

The Arizona senator said illegal Irish and foreign workers needed to be encouraged to join mainstream society to end their "exploitation" on its margins.

"Are there Irish citizens here being exploited? There are I've talked to some of them," he said after meeting the Taoiseach.

Mr Ahern pledged to keep up pressure on the issue as he conducted a day of intensive lobbying which saw him meeting other leading political figures as well as being guest of honour at a Congressional lunch attended by US President George W Bush.

Senator Kennedy said: "The status of the 50,000 to 70,000 undocumented Irish in America needs to be adjusted."

The Taoiseach also urged US pressure to help force a deal on power-sharing and civil policing in the North by the end of the year.

Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams criticised the Bush administration for banning him from fundraising activities during his US visit.

"It's the principle that's involved, that Sinn Féin would be treated differently from any other party. I have to say I am just bewildered about that," he said.

Meanwhile, the widow of murdered Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane, Geraldine, said Senator Hillary Clinton had pledged to press the British government to allow a fully independent inquiry into the killing.

Mr Ahern will meet Mr Bush for further talks today.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: No special deal for 50,000 illegal Irish, US tells Ahern

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Senator Kennedy said: "The status of the 50,000 to 70,000 undocumented Irish in America needs to be adjusted."
    Yes, adjust their status to felons sitting on a plane bound for Ireland. Along with McCain and Kennedy.

Ireland has changed it's laws on anchor babies...and some other immigration issues....yet they come here and DEMAND we change for them!

I've come to the conclusion that most politicians are nothing but a bunch of scared, self serving, politically correct, spineless, leeches sucking the life out of America and her workers!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I've come to the conclusion that most politicians are nothing but a bunch of scared, self serving, politically correct, spineless, leeches sucking the life out of America and her workers!
    Ding, Ding, Ding we have ourselves a winner here folks. We all know damn well that if we were US Senators, we wouldn't even be giving these foreign meddling nuisances the time of day, but yet these jacka--es listen to them more than they do us.

My solution would be to not only kick these Senators out of office, but have all of their assets ceased and forced to move to Los Angeles in the heart of the illegal alien community. I think each of them should have to live in a home with 60 Mexicans and have to be forced to work a low end job which would be the first time in their miserable lives that they actually had to work for anything. I'm sick of these self serving, self centered, pricks who have had the silver spoon stuck in their mouths since day one and they don't even know what it's like to work a real job or serve their country, but yet they think they can force their agenda on us.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn